Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Vern,
Will you have extra hinge blocks at Reedy? If so, I'd like to catch up with you on Thursday to pick up a set from you.
I'm new to the TC6 and this was one of the first things I was considering To make myself. Yours will save a lot of work.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Oooh weee, mine are in the mail. I can't wait!! Thanks Kev
Old 05-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i see a few running 3a fwd and 0b rwd on front arm is that giving anti drive or kick up
Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jay m
i see a few running 3a fwd and 0b rwd on front arm is that giving anti drive or kick up
That is anti-dive used in Keven H. setup.

I used that Keven Hebert setup as a guide to how much movement, plus looking at Xray blocks they go the .75mm each direction as well. I measured out the difference from the A to B hole and then the 0-3 blocks and came up with .021 anti-dive, the new blocks will go 30% + beyond that while staying mounted to the B hole.

Took some time after building the set gage to re check my initial build which was after a long day. In the rear if you use the factory C shaped plastic shims as I had, those shims take on a bit of a form, and actually squeeze a slight angle into themselves. I could loosen the pin blocks and back screws off and still had troubles moving them. The fronts didn't do this, so looking at the difference being the shim I replaced the plastic shims with hard washers and this made them move mush easier. Personally I never liked seeing the gap of the block bottoms using washers as the seat contact area is about 50% of the block which is an eye sore for me....maybe thats just me though.

One of the goals was to make this direct bolt on with all stock parts including stock pins. I had a spare pack of pins and trying to determine my bore diameter was ugly using those as a guide. They were out of round up to .0015, and size varied almost .002....way more then any decent dowel quality pin should be, by apx. 10X . thats another story for another day, I'll just say the blocks are .001 over for 3mm dowel for slip fit, and the set screw will take care of the remaining difference in pins.

On the 0 set gage. I changed my mind in selling those, they are only useful once on the initial build to set correct, once mounted they do no good...BUT a thin shim set / feeler gage will tell you exactly where each block is in relation to chassis. This is good practice anyway since the slightest bend in a screw will move them (or any block) dramatically. My stock blocks with 3 race days and 1 practice were out .018 at the worst, this is almost the equivalent of the Keven H anti dive just in slop and mis-alignment. so I believe this is one real good reason to check these, I also believe this is a huge reason why 2 cars with the exact same setup can handle different...only now there is a way to deal with this.

Lastly people are excited by another tuning option and solid mounts, rightfully so, but I'm not taking any money until these have some track time in and they are just making it out this week for that, so patients please. My car is an hour away from the track and I plan to hit that tomarrow, and I have the heartbreaking task of beating the crap out of it and trying to find a flaw in the system, honestly this makes my stomach turn as I took pride in this build.

7 sets went to Reedy and they are all accounted for none for sale, sorry. On the plus side my day employer gave me time off to build more so I may have them in supply past the 15 sets mid next week...we'll see.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
I forgot to mention that my car is pretty balanced side to side. Without getting into the #'s, its just a 'tic-tac' heavier on the batt side. And with the car all suited n booted, it weighs in at 1345 grams. Here's pics (provided by the HTC Thunderbolt)....

Paint provided by Roly
Can you post any pics with weights? Maybe taken from up?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
Can you post any pics with weights? Maybe taken from up?
Sorry bud....I don't have any pics with the car on scales.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Gear Diffs?

I have a few quick questions on Gear Diffs.

1 What are the benefits?
2 What is the benefits if used F/R
3 What is the benefit if the rear is gear diff and the front ball(and vise versa).

I have 2 Spec R diffs any help would be great.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Dial-a-Grip Severe Force testing Complete!!

Weather for later in the week looked bad so I took half the day off and hit the track.....HARD!.

Good news and Bad...Starting with the Bad... 6 full 10 minutes packs--pulled 1 Speedmind wheel right thru the hex, busted 2 blades, destroyed 1 outdrive as the result, ruined body, and the grand finally that ended the day...a busted servo saver. Twice on the lid, twice over the pipe, and prob. 20+ impacts from all angles.

Had to be done, and I guarantee nobody at Reedy that I gave to test these will put their cars thru what I did today. Just one of these runs would have severly loosened the stock blocks, no doubt in my mind.

Now the good starting with the TC6 after what I put it through it did awesome, and no broken plastic parts (other then blades).

The Dial-a-Grip lock blocks were checked after every round, They were checked for loosening and developing play from twist, and they were checked for movement along the slot axis and changing the roll center angle. ZERO, and I mean ABSOLUTE ZERO movement....!! You can quickly check if they moved up along the slot axis but simply checking the small amount of tension in the set screw. If they moved there would no longer be tension and you'd feel it. Then they were double checked with a dial indicator on the PitBoss, and confirmed... absolute dead locked and solid.

We have a winner here coming real soon. Just waiting for feedback from the
other elite test animals on running with various setups to ship the batch 1 parts, and batch 2 is in motion.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

good work verndog hope the time you put in pays off i think your on a good thing here and cant wait to get a set downunder to play with well done champ

Last edited by jay m; 05-25-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

"Dial-a-Grip Severe Force testing Complete!!"

Great News!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TC6

WTT MY TC6 Factory Team for a SC8E
text me @ 951-514-6695 its on craigslist
Menifee Ca
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

verndog are you taking pre orders yet?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Castradamus
verndog are you taking pre orders yet?
I'm in the process of sending out invoices to those that pre arranged the Batch 1 parts via email. Mid next week we'll have another 440 ready to go, and yes I'll open up shipping to my buds in Australia and UK as they are great customers and love the TC5 and TC6 there.

Update: Batch 1 Sold Out, Those that received invoices are still covered and reserved.

Last edited by Verndog; 05-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Question:

My tc5 needs a new dif and having trouble finding parts. Will a tc6 dif work in the tc 5? Are the outdrives different size for the tc6? Tried to convert one dif to spool and murdered the locknut trying to put it vack together.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by valk
Question:

My tc5 needs a new dif and having trouble finding parts. Will a tc6 dif work in the tc 5? Are the outdrives different size for the tc6? Tried to convert one dif to spool and murdered the locknut trying to put it vack together.
Amain Hobbies has parts

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...Associated-TC5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.