Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I bought the Ride pre mounts from Dynmite and they were the C02 and the rear started washing out after 2 mins into a run. I didn't get a chance to do some tweaking but I think they will be ok. I just like deferent off sets as well, but I know there a lot of 24mm wheels out there.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Looks like HPI discontinued all there 24mm wheels

Ordered a set of Rides today and also got the six spoke wheels, guess they are 24mm
Old 10-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waltss2k
I bought the Ride pre mounts from Dynmite and they were the C02 and the rear started washing out after 2 mins into a run. I didn't get a chance to do some tweaking but I think they will be ok. I just like deferent off sets as well, but I know there a lot of 24mm wheels out there.

Originally Posted by Kevin K
We were told in the past that the tire that is sold by Dynamite was discontinued and that the tires now sold by Ride is a new compound while using the same mold for the tread pattern. The Dynamite tires were softer and wore out alot faster that then Ride tires when we tested them early on. This was almost 2 years ago things might have changed but we were also told that the Dynamite tires were being discontinued...might be the reason they are marked down on their site now not sure?

As far as going to a spec tire I would think that with the cost of the tires that if you go to a larger event that they could do what they do for like 17.5 sedan. Where you show up with tires in the package and they get marked to be used or you get a set with your entry. This way there is no mistake that everyone is on the same tire for that event. Now when you are club racing again your club would need to find a "happy" rule to use for its local racers.
Again, as far as we know the Dynamite tire is not the same. The Ride tire for sure is a very good tire.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucknuts
I like the move toward spec tires for this class, like VTA. Can't argue with VTA success.

Now how about spec motor like Spec GT they ran at IIC?

..and battery limit like VTA would be nice

Otherwise it does become another 17.5 stock class and we all know stock class is the most expensive to run
The whole reason for the rules being the way they are structured when Rob and I reworked what was RCGT rules was to help bridge the gap between VTA and Stock TC. This class is structured in a way that allows people who dont want to race 17.5 but want more options that VTA does not allow. I think if you start to spec the motor and the battery you will now start to turn people off the class. With this class people are able to use a car and electronics and move up a class with really only a motor change outside of body and tires. Once you start to spec too much the class becomes too restrictive and really if you like that type of format VTA is that class.

Racing is only as expensive as you want to make it. Truth be told you are in control of your own check book/wallet even when it doesnt always feel that way at times...lol. Just because the guy next to you has some new trick part or some new motor hits the market it does not mean you have to buy it. Racers need to just have fun and not get so concerned with what new hot part is out there.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Anyone ever try Associated 2405 tires ?? Any good ??
Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Anyone ever try Associated 2405 tires ?? Any good ??
yes and I like those as well...haven't ran over a long period yet, but plan o giving them the full test at the Halloween Classic this weekend

and for the price around $12 retail for set of four..

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Amain has them for $10.99 set
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
yes and I like those as well...haven't ran over a long period yet, but plan o giving them the full test at the Halloween Classic this weekend

and for the price around $12 retail for set of four..
Building my first USGT and ordered some tires, ordered AE 2405 (love the price) and 31444 tires, HPI 4490 and the Rides from GravityRC, should have plenty for a while

Did you run the 2405's on carpet or asphalt ??
Old 10-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

carpet...w/ HPI rims
Old 10-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'm posting a comment for an old man who has supported USVTA and USGT but doesn't have an account

spec tire in USGT is stupid
Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Now posting for myself.

why are some of you referring to this ride tire as a "spec" tire ? I just read the rules and there no change.
I can understand offering the tire as an option and letting people know about it, as the same has been done for all the other tires that have been used. If it's a better or faster tire no need to mandate it "spec" for everyone to use.

what was wrong with the tire rules that have been used for the last few years?

I don't see a certain tire leveling USGT playing field. There guys with newer car, older cars, and guys with alot of experience and driving tuning experience and guys with very little. You know a tire will not fix that.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miket3
I'm posting a comment for an old man who has supported USVTA and USGT but doesn't have an account

spec tire in USGT is stupid
Originally Posted by miket3
Now posting for myself.

why are some of you referring to this ride tire as a "spec" tire ? I just read the rules and there no change.
I can understand offering the tire as an option and letting people know about it, as the same has been done for all the other tires that have been used. If it's a better or faster tire no need to mandate it "spec" for everyone to use.

what was wrong with the tire rules that have been used for the last few years?

I don't see a certain tire leveling USGT playing field. There guys with newer car, older cars, and guys with alot of experience and driving tuning experience and guys with very little. You know a tire will not fix that.
The reason for the spec tire is that the tire situation for GT is not very good. X patterns are expensive and there are 3 varieties, not to mention HPIs other tires. The Ride tire we selected is very good on cost - a little more than $20 with rims and inserts for 4 tires. It also performs, as we used them for the USVTA Scale nationals 2 years ago, and had a lot of positive feedback. They were also used to Tq this years Southern VTA nationals in an "open" tire environment.

This is not trying to level the playing field but rather making entry into the class cost effective and EASIER.

The rules will be amended to reflect the use of a spec tire, but this will also not be effective until JAN 1 2014.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've just bought a set of those AE tires and used them on an outdoor concrete track. They are wearing pretty quick right now and the grip isn't super, but OK.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I like the spec tire idea, looking foward to it.

RobK, would there be any chance to make the rules more clear on what bodies are legal and not legal? The way its worded now kinda leaves the door open for
Wedge/Lola style bodies.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default USGT

Originally Posted by robk
The reason for the spec tire is that the tire situation for GT is not very good. X patterns are expensive and there are 3 varieties, not to mention HPIs other tires. The Ride tire we selected is very good on cost - a little more than $20 with rims and inserts for 4 tires. It also performs, as we used them for the USVTA Scale nationals 2 years ago, and had a lot of positive feedback. They were also used to Tq this years Southern VTA nationals in an "open" tire environment.

This is not trying to level the playing field but rather making entry into the class cost effective and EASIER.

The rules will be amended to reflect the use of a spec tire, but this will also not be effective until JAN 1 2014.
thanks for the reply Rob. My "level the playing field was a reply to Travis S post where he said the "spec tire would do that. Sorry for the confusion there.
I also appreciate the effort to find a useable cheaper alternative. that's great, but why does it then need to be Mandatory.aka "spec". Why couldn't it be listed as a "recommended" tire for the class in the rules ? What about the guys who already have 3-5 sets of the pevious allowed tires ? They are now wasted money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.