Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

I like the USGT/Gravity tires , they are the most consistent factor in GT racing. The favorite body , motor , battery now will probably change next month.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
One tire to rule them all!
one glue to bind them....
NutDriver and gigaplex like this.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
I like the USGT/Gravity tires , they are the most consistent factor in GT racing. The favorite body , motor , battery now will probably change next month.
the usgt tires great ... you can’t even make any comparison to the vta tires . The usgt tires may swell but they stilll work great , they last forever. I actually bought five sets last year and I’m still using two rotating them. They seem to work great in all levels of grip and don’t require a ton of break in or tricks . Simple sauce and heat and the tires are good to go and with the new bodies the class looks even better .
team green and skater-deez1 like this.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tomcat125
No asphalt, only black carpet...
I've noticed a very small amount on my vta tires before, and very little on my TC tires. (rush) But hands down, the usgt tires are the worst for gumming up. I don't get it.
Usgt co.pound is .Of comparable to real race tires. Cleaning g with harsh chemicals is causing a chemical breakdown in the tire regardless of duration. I stopped cleaning g mine chemically and the swelling took four times.es as long to start. I use a file brush to get the gunk off, simple green on a rag to wipe. Sauce short with ext.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys... When you comment about USGT tires it would probably be best if one says the type of surface you race on (Carpet or Asphalt)…..
Billy Kelly and Bry195 like this.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I haven’t been able to test all the new bodies and don’t feel like wasting a bunch of money and paint . What have you guy came up with on all the new bodies far as steering, stability and overall balance .
Old 05-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR
Don't be overly dramatic lol. Reread this weeks posts. Nobody was putting down those who do not like the spec tires and the conversation was quite open and mature, pro and con. The memes only came out for one individual racer who doesn't race and posts suspect pit advice. Otherwise he is a nice guy and quite entertaining which is why he is still here
Even after going back and re-reading the posts, it isn't clear to me who the comments and memes were directed at. I haven't been here on this forum very long, so I'm not sure who you are referring to as giving suspect advice. To me, this is a great place for a newb to try to get some advice from more seasoned racers. But when the poo slinging starts, just from some honest questions being brought up, it can pretty well stifle any meaningful dialogue. I've learned a great deal from just reading through some of the threads here, but the signal to noise gets in the way when folks start (what looks like to me) talking crap about others who are commenting trying to help. Again, just my $.02, take it or leave it.
So from what I can gather after the brief tire discussion, maybe I'm using a cleaner that is causing excessive swelling. I'll try to just clean with sxt again or try some simple green on my new set and see how that works. Oh and hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day!
fanfor18, Billy Kelly and Bry195 like this.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Simple green will dry the tire alot more than necessary and cause loss of traction compared to the tuning hauss cleaning solution. I guess simple green might be good for front tires on super high grip black carpet, but it did cause my Tc to slide alot in corners...
Old 05-27-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Even after going back and re-reading the posts, it isn't clear to me who the comments and memes were directed at. I haven't been here on this forum very long, so I'm not sure who you are referring to as giving suspect advice. To me, this is a great place for a newb to try to get some advice from more seasoned racers. But when the poo slinging starts, just from some honest questions being brought up, it can pretty well stifle any meaningful dialogue. I've learned a great deal from just reading through some of the threads here, but the signal to noise gets in the way when folks start (what looks like to me) talking crap about others who are commenting trying to help. Again, just my $.02, take it or leave it.
So from what I can gather after the brief tire discussion, maybe I'm using a cleaner that is causing excessive swelling. I'll try to just clean with sxt again or try some simple green on my new set and see how that works. Oh and hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day!
Just to clarify a bit for you, what MikeR is getting at, is that there is a lot of info to take in, and that those that race USGT and have experience with the products in question are doing their best to provide the information others are looking for. The issue is, when those that do not race this class chime in, even if they race 1/8 buggy, or 1/5 TC, or 1/10 buggy, a lot of that does not pertain to this thread, and as such their experiences or postings should be taken lightly. If anything its always best to heed the advice of those whose names are on timesheets. Thats all he is trying to clarify. Its a great class, and very enjoyable at that.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Follow the advice of the guys that race the class, not the guys that race a Keyboard........

Johnn27, 1/8 IC Fan and NutDriver like this.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Follow the advice of the guys that race the class, not the guys that race a Keyboard........
Or those who only seem to run their mouths. :-D
Old 05-27-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Or those who only seem to run their mouths. :-D
Seek the wizard....
NutDriver likes this.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

That’s enough bickering about tires, let’s get back to beating the dead horse over bodies!!!
MikeR, Leester, team green and 8 others like this.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

I say this about the Ride tires. They were great and a god send when we couldn't get HPI tires or the other unicorns out there. The problem is that Ride needs to refurbish the molds. The quality has gotten so low that I am usually buying 3 sets just to get 2 sets of descent tires. I have a bunch of tires in a drawer, some of which suffer from over 3mm of misalignment at the seam. I have tried to sand them and get them to balance, but by that time they are so thin in 2 spots, they work terribly. The other issue is, buying pre glued, which I no longer do, I have had sets where only one side is glued, One tire in a set of 4 is backwards, beads breaking loose only to see that glue was only topically applied and the list goes on. If Ride could spend some money rebuilding and maintaining these molds, I would much appreciate it. Lord knows we USGT racers have bought 100 times more of these tires than they ever thought they would make of this style when they made the molds.
tomcat125 likes this.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Tamiya 54738 wheels as of yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.