Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by nubs
While I agree that the motor of the month things is something that can get tiring. I also have seen the truth in that some motors are significantly faster than others. One of the thoughts on fixing this problem is in creating spec motor classes. In Ripon there is talk of starting a 13.5T Reedy fixed timing class. You could do something similar with USGT.
Originally Posted by gigaplex
Sigh. This comes up every time. The point isn't to make the fast guys slow. It's an attempt to reduce the cost of frequently buying new motors because they're perceived to be faster.

Also, you said that running a faster motor would magnify the issue even more, then said the solution is to run the fastest motor class, mod. It's the slower motors that increase the need for a horsepower advantage.
Again, nothing would change:
spec motor, now everyone thinks they need a special battery, spec battery now everyone thinks they new a special esc, spec esc, now everyone thinks they need a special charger, spec charger,now everyone thinks they need a special radio, spec radio now everyone thinks they need a special chassis, spec chassis, now everyone thinks they need a special body.. Nobody ever thinks they need to learn how to drive, everyone's a winner.....

Gravity Dodger likes this.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
spec motor, now everyone thinks they need a special battery, spec battery now everyone thinks they new a special esc, spec esc, now everyone thinks they need a special charger, spec charger,now everyone thinks they need a special radio, spec radio now everyone thinks they need a special chassis, spec chassis, now everyone thinks they need a special body.. Nobody ever thinks they need to learn how to drive, everyone's a winner.....
Sigh, this response comes up every time too. The people spending money to get any advantage they can get are already buying the best batteries, ESC etc they can.
jiml likes this.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Man, I gotta update my stuff, again.
Looking around, soo many have everything mentioned above, gotta pay to play, then update again
After I have all that top of the line stuff, I should look to hire a driver, or at least attend a driving school.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I have run in the VTA/USGT/F1 national points series since its inception. Their rules are very specific about motors for their classes. My concern about events run under the Can Am rules and referred to as "USGT" and "VTA" may not qualify for national points due to this difference.
If you aren't Rob, Kevin, or Hanulec, feel free to keep your conjecture to yourself.
No feelings here ... So I dont know why points would be withheld or not given based on motor ...
If I was to chiose to partisipate in the usvta southern nationals with a 25.5 motor in my usgt car I would still be eligible for points right ?
So if the entire field is handout motors I dont see how that would change anything (since the speed is nearly identical to current usgt speeds) in terms of points ... Usvta nation knows theirs a problem with the 21.5 game which is why the 25.5 idea is even being batted around ...
And yes motor matters when your running near the front of the pack ... If I had been abke to purchase a 2nd new motor (first green mootor failed tech ) I would have been 2-3 seconds faster than I was with brand X motor I ended up running putting me 2nd/3rd on the grid vs the 7th i was at ... .1 a lap makes a difference after 33 laps .... Handouts would have possibly got me closer to a W for me and one other that was behind me that didn't have green motors ...

iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Some of you guys must sleep like babies at night. The things you are able to convince yourselves of is amazing.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

IF you're getting smoked in a drag race down the straightaway, not due to entry onto, but flat out drag race, then you will need to have top drawer stuff, motor, battery, charger, discharger...and will need to keep up on it.
As mentioned earlier, maybe if too much horsepower is available to begin with, all you would need is skill to make use of it as the electronics wars are easily met with average motor, charger... too much motor, remember.
Then get your tire and replacement parts sponsor or a platinum credit card and you're all set.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:26 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
No feelings here ... So I dont know why points would be withheld or not given based on motor ...
If I was to chiose to partisipate in the usvta southern nationals with a 25.5 motor in my usgt car I would still be eligible for points right ?
So if the entire field is handout motors I dont see how that would change anything (since the speed is nearly identical to current usgt speeds) in terms of points ... Usvta nation knows theirs a problem with the 21.5 game which is why the 25.5 idea is even being batted around ...
And yes motor matters when your running near the front of the pack ... If I had been abke to purchase a 2nd new motor (first green mootor failed tech ) I would have been 2-3 seconds faster than I was with brand X motor I ended up running putting me 2nd/3rd on the grid vs the 7th i was at ... .1 a lap makes a difference after 33 laps .... Handouts would have possibly got me closer to a W for me and one other that was behind me that didn't have green motors ...
At the Southern Nationals you shouldn't even be passing tech with a 25.5 in your car for USGT. The rules are very specific. The rule isn't written implying a 21.5 is the maximum allowed. It's written and implies ONLY a ROAR approved 21.5 motor and rotor can be used.

Theories and Can-Am rules do not factor in at all in the given example.
NutDriver and gigaplex like this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You guys can "bat around" 25.5 USGT all you want, but it's not happening.
MikeR, Kregger, hanulec and 11 others like this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dietDrThunder
That's because there isn't one.
REALISM, son, realism.

(waiting for snarky comeback in 3,2,1.....)
Old 09-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
You guys can "bat around" 25.5 USGT all you want, but it's not happening.
Thank you.

How about a 17.5 Supercar class for the PZero and Ford GT bodies.... just kidding

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 09-12-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Thank you.

How about a 17.5 Supercar class for the PZerp and Ford GT bodies.... just kidding
Ok, that's it. We need "mod sports car." :-)
Old 09-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

if you run USGT, its 21.5 unless its changed by the USVTA....and since its not...there you go.

Now IMO, Can-am GT isnt USGT, so I dont think points are allowed....cause if thats the case Spec GT at Vegas should be able to get points too?...but they dont

also, I caught that Robk...LOL, you got me....so whats the body weight?...95g?....and driver figures ?
NutDriver and gigaplex like this.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'll let you in on a secret
The the Can-Am u.s. GT motor
It's a 21-5
Old 09-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Somebody needs to ask if the Can/Am 21.5 motor is on the ROAR list of approved motors for USGT. I would but I kind of promised that I would refrain from participating in the Can/Am cluster frock so they wouldn't pick on my choice of timing system or my little race track..
Old 09-12-2018, 08:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by mleemor60
Somebody needs to ask if the Can/Am 21.5 motor is on the ROAR list of approved motors for USGT. I would but I kind of promised that I would refrain from participating in the Can/Am cluster frock so they wouldn't pick on my choice of timing system or my little race track..
Bert?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.