Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The body works very well...creates a very neutral feel in the car and allows for very consistent lap times. Plus it looks great on the track.

I hear people complaining that there are too many of one body but honestly that is just the way it goes in racing.

I have tried other bodies in USGT but I can tell you from my testing the P-Zero is the best I have run on black carpet. Outside could be another story.

Bodies should be available I bought a backup body a couple of weeks ago from Amain. Just too lazy to paint it up before Nats. Also the body is very durable which is always a big plus.
MikeR, Lone Drifter and massenb203 like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
I know Ive heard that , that body is really hard to get
I’ve got 4 to try this year. Caddy body still good. Corvette, Camaro and P Zero need to be painted. I’ve been skeptical about how much difference body really makes.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I’ve got 4 to try this year. Caddy body still good. Corvette, Camaro and P Zero need to be painted. I’ve been skeptical about how much difference body really makes.
It really doesn't. Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing.

Run what you like and have fun.

Mark C.
Billy Kelly and massenb203 like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regardless of what some people say about there being no differences in handing with GT bodies I recommend they drive with the Protoform Camaro (either one) then try the C7-R corvette or the Exotek P-Zero and tell us there is no difference.....there certainly is a very noticeable difference.

I used to use the ZL-1 Camaro, HPI BMW M3 and the Turbo Porsche and all have their own 'feel'. Now using the C7-R and it is far better than all the bodies I used to use....and I've heard the Exotek P-Zero is even better. I hope to confirm that soon.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
I know Ive heard that , that body is really hard to get
In stock to any shop that wants to stock it- we ship daily

https://www.amainhobbies.com/exotek-...xo1762/p690051
bertottius and NutDriver like this.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a question.....we we ran RCGT...the bodies were about looks and some performance ,depending on where you raced, then when USGT was born it was mostly about looks...some of the coolest bodies on the track along with VTA. I remember seeing every Fast and Furious car, every cool tuner with lights and small details like mirrors and pipes....and now its basically 1 body class?....what happen?

I just raced the ROAR Carpet Nats at my home track Apex, and was the with 2 other racers out of 30 GT cars that did not have the Exotek Body....and not taking anything away from Mike and Exotek, cause he is a great guy and co.....but where is the variety in bodies for the class

Just a question
CSeils and NutDriver like this.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I have a question.....we we ran RCGT...the bodies were about looks and some performance ,depending on where you raced, then when USGT was born it was mostly about looks...some of the coolest bodies on the track along with VTA. I remember seeing every Fast and Furious car, every cool tuner with lights and small details like mirrors and pipes....and now its basically 1 body class?....what happen?

I just raced the ROAR Carpet Nats at my home track Apex, and was the with 2 other racers out of 30 GT cars that did not have the Exotek Body....and not taking anything away from Mike and Exotek, cause he is a great guy and co.....but where is the variety in bodies for the class

Just a question
Spring is near, P Zero might not be the best on asphalt.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just a question
This is a very sticky situation/discussion. And unfortunately it happens to every 'fun class'

Tamiya, hands down, has the most realistic bodies. Followed by HPI. You can now throw Carisma high up on the list as well imo.

In an effort to attract a bigger following and add more variety we get lax on what is and isn't 'realistic'. So when the other companies who may not have as much funding/backing/support provide their offering they typically soften the 'lines' and 'design cues' as not to get into copy-write/infringement troubles. As a result of softening these lines and design cues you inherently achieve a more aero-friendly form.. More aero-friendly means better handling.. and so on and so on.. You can guess what then happens.

It transitioned from Replicas, to Looks-a-like or resembles. In the end we as racers will choose which performs best.

This imo is the gist $0.02
RAL and gigaplex like this.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just like NASCAR, What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday!
Old 03-15-2018, 10:03 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just a question
What body did you run?
Old 03-15-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

PF Vette and Camaro
Old 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

The P Zero cut it's teeth for testing last summer outdoors. I won the Big Fat Turkey Race and the CTS Series overall in CA last summer with it. Replaced a Mazda Furai that I thought was the best USGT body I've run outdoors... until the P Zero. Like Art described above it creates a very neutral feel with very good corner entry and allows for very consistent lap times. Those thinking about the P Zero for the outdoor season, you will not be disappointed! Mike does a great a great job keeping them in stock. Just checked the exotekracing.com website...they're in stock!

Photo courtesy Petite RC,. CTS Series2 @ Ripon,CA, July, 2017.
robk, RAL, godzukihop and 1 others like this.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:20 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just curious... what was the majority A-main body for VTA at the carpet nats?
Old 03-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
This is a very sticky situation/discussion. And unfortunately it happens to every 'fun class'

Tamiya, hands down, has the most realistic bodies. Followed by HPI. You can now throw Carisma high up on the list as well imo.

In an effort to attract a bigger following and add more variety we get lax on what is and isn't 'realistic'. So when the other companies who may not have as much funding/backing/support provide their offering they typically soften the 'lines' and 'design cues' as not to get into copy-write/infringement troubles. As a result of softening these lines and design cues you inherently achieve a more aero-friendly form.. More aero-friendly means better handling.. and so on and so on.. You can guess what then happens.

It transitioned from Replicas, to Looks-a-like or resembles. In the end we as racers will choose which performs best.

This imo is the gist $0.02
Not disagreeing with anything you said, and this is absolutely not a shot at you, but the exact same thing happens in TCS racing too. NSX, BRZ, etc.

The thing here is that since there is a limited number of bodies by companies like Protoform, Exotek, etc. which you can get anywhere, you see less variety. I have pointed out many times, there are lots of bodies that are good, but sometimes they are scarce (any HPI lately), or hard to find, or at least not super easy to acquire (bluegroove, buildrc, deltaplastik usa). That's not to say 10 minutes on google will not get what you want, but it takes actual effort. Much easier to buy the new hotness everyone else uses (350Z, Caddy, etc.etc.)
Old 03-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

what battery you guys use stick or shorty?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.