Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAL
Just curious... what was the majority A-main body for VTA at the carpet nats?
30 GT cars
1 PF
2 MxStangs
27 Exotek

if I remember
Old 03-15-2018, 02:49 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
30 GT cars
1 PF
2 MxStangs
27 Exotek

if I remember
Was curious about VTA Thanks for the breakdown though.
JC3 likes this.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAL
Was curious about VTA Thanks for the breakdown though.
No VTA at the Nats
RAL likes this.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

30 GT cars
1 PF
2 MxStangs
27 Exotek

if I remember
So much for a class with diverse GT bodies. The "spirit" of the class has been destroyed as per usual.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

People race to win. Have fun and win. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, I race USGT and have tried every body out there and the P Zero is by far the fastest body for me and by judging by the body count must be the same for most. I just can't help but wonder if the content of some racers signature stops them from running a P Zero.
MikeR likes this.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
So much for a class with diverse GT bodies. The "spirit" of the class has been destroyed as per usual.
I didn't run it but didn't want to I was really out in left field most of the race. The traction there was hard to get my head around for the most part, that body may have worked for me. For me the spirit of these classes is to have people competing. If I run USGT I'll run what works best for me if it is a Pzero I'm good with that. I honestly don't care what others run as long as I can if I want. We don't have static models, we have race cars and at a national race, the point is to go as fast as possible. That's what people are going to do.
dawgmeat, simple and JC3 like this.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

"I just can't help but wonder if the content of some racers signature stops them from running a P Zero." To what are you referring? NOTHING stops me from running whatever body I want (except of course a McAllister DP body because those are illegal even though the P zero looks like a prototype). I would rather throw something different in the mix. If you want to race as fast as possible, race 17.5 or mod.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

"I just can't help but wonder if the content of some racers signature stops them from running a P Zero." To what are you referring? NOTHING stops me from running whatever body I want (except of course a McAllister DP body because those are illegal even though the P zero looks like a prototype). I would rather throw something different in the mix. If you want to race as fast as possible, race 17.5 or mod.
I dont desire to run 17.5 or Mod but will if it becomes necessary to race .... what is the point of racing if not to be as fast as possible no matter what the class. That's what you and every person that races is doing right ? Anyway no big to me we all have our opinions and choices to make. I race for the competition and chance to get better. As far as this class goes, the P zero is the hot ticket until the next one comes out....
JC3 likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I see your point its just that I had such high hopes for this class. Finally we'd be getting back to realistic bodies but its simply become another touring car class with spec tires and body of the week.
DARKSIDE and scirocco14 like this.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

bingo
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you were a Protoform sponsored driver, I am sure running a P Zero would not be an option.
mariob62 and JC3 like this.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Yeah I see your point its just that I had such high hopes for this class. Finally we'd be getting back to realistic bodies but its simply become another touring car class with spec tires and body of the week.
For me VTA is my real chance for no blob bodies, that class will probably never suffer from the "hot" body issue. Don't get me wrong I and the other guys talked about the body and I said I probably would never get the PZero, but only because I don't like it and I do like the Mustang and Corvette, as I have seen them raced in full size. I really wanted to run VTA at the Nats but it wasn't a class. So anyway for me and apparently you as well I'll run the bodies I like and try to make it as fast as I can, the spirit of any class is the racers that have a passion for it.
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

It's an unavoidable cycle. Some people get fed up with the status quo and start a new class to have something different. Then it becomes popular. Then the competitive people join (either because the "serious" classes start to wither in numbers, or because it's an easier class to trophy hunt). Then it becomes an arms race. Rinse and repeat.

Personally I think the only way to minimise trophy hunters in the "fun" classes is to just abolish trophies.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

30 GT cars
1 PF
2 MxStangs
27 Exotek

if I remember
If everyone is running the same body, then no one has an advantage. Seems like the 'real racers' would be looking for an advantage and trying something different.

I think this is more a case of 'monkey see monkey do' mentality among RC racers. I started in RC racing in 2014 and have seen the 'hot USGT' body go from PFM10 to the Cadillac to the Corvette and now the Exotek. The next "hot" body is just around the corner and the Exotek will be relegated to the closeout bin.

Mark C
Old 03-16-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Not disagreeing with anything you said, and this is absolutely not a shot at you, but the exact same thing happens in TCS racing too. NSX, BRZ, etc.

The thing here is that since there is a limited number of bodies by companies like Protoform, Exotek, etc. which you can get anywhere, you see less variety. I have pointed out many times, there are lots of bodies that are good, but sometimes they are scarce (any HPI lately), or hard to find, or at least not super easy to acquire (bluegroove, buildrc, deltaplastik usa). That's not to say 10 minutes on google will not get what you want, but it takes actual effort. Much easier to buy the new hotness everyone else uses (350Z, Caddy, etc.etc.)
No offence taken. I voice similar opinion to the TCS locals. There are many bodies that work.. Just figure them out. (the BRZ wouldn't be as 'fast' as it is if TCS officials didn't allow the rear spoiler to be trimmed.. FACT) so yeah.. very similar frustrations with TCS, unfortunately

... says the guy who races FWD in GT10.
robk likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.