Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Old 04-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing
That would make a sick WGT body. I like the Gianna but I like that one better as far as looks go.
ROAR has a rule about "front-engined cars only" for their bodies...

But us in the UK and Europe have no such qualms, you still have the plug for the Mulsanne, stop teasing us, we'll 3D print the wing stands if we must!
Old 04-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

come on guys...I know everyone has a point...but lets be fair. GT in any version is a class full of cool looking cars that most of us can relate too....lets get back on track and enjoy the cool bodies and racing....trust me, the bodies on the new list will be just as fun as anything else
Old 04-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
come on guys...I know everyone has a point...but lets be fair. GT in any version is a class full of cool looking cars that most of us can relate too....lets get back on track and enjoy the cool bodies and racing....trust me, the bodies on the new list will be just as fun as anything else
You know we will.... I just wish it would happened a little earlier since I purchased the 2 McAliister Corvette proto and haven't even painted them. Maybe ROAR might say they are legal and I can use them there. I bought these before the Carpet Nats in StL. with intentions of them making it to my door in time; but Snowstorm in Denver had everything bound up. Wouldn't you know it, when the mail came on Thursday; the day I got to the track; the wife called and said my bodies arrived.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Dale
This would be a very cool WGT-R body

Old 04-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
The rule sets are different with GTLM and GTD but the body styles are the same. I dont think Im actually arguing against the McAllister bodies being included since the Saleen S7R is ok but not the Corvette DP? At first I was against the DP but you people and that silly logic of yours got in my head! The real problem was created when an "approved body list" came into being.
To me I thought the "spirit" of usgt was for adults to race toy cars that look like real race cars. So the silly logic to me is why would we eliminate bodies that are actual race cars, especially after countless posts by the "guy in charge" stated they were legal? If the dp bodies created an unfair advantage I'd be fine with their obmission from the body list but I have yet to see that from any event I've attended or results I've seen posted, this almost appears to me to be an attack on McAllister but I hope that's just me being silly as Gary is a great guy who makes a great product right here in the good ole USA.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No it's the end results of a bunch of complaints about how the DPs don't fit.

I get tired of all of this. If you really want to run the damn bodies just run them. I won't be coming to the track to stop you. I'm too busy twirling my mustache and planning more "attacks".
Old 04-29-2016, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk

I get tired of all of this. If you really want to run the damn bodies just run them. I won't be coming to the track to stop you. I'm too busy twirling my mustache and planning more "attacks".
Rob:
I for one really understand what you are dealing with. I used to be on the rules commitee for a local short track. You try to express the wishes of the racers, form a class with a clear direction, keep it affordable and all you get is grief. Chin up man. Some of these people don't understand that the DP type of cars are a different class at those "real" races anyway. lets keep the "GT" in USGT.
Good job in my mind.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk

"Grand Touring cars are part of the tradition of endurance racing. To be homologated, a GTE (E for Endurance) must be based around a production road car of which 100 examples have been built (25 for a "small manufacturer”, 300 for a carbon chassis). The "race" version must retain the shape of the road-going model from which it is derived. The engine must retain its original location, orientation, and its original position. However, it may be re-positioned for cars of which a minimum number of 2500 examples are produced in a consecutive 12-month period."

The spirit of GT racing is running production road cars. Last I checked, DP cars are not production road cars (if I'm wrong, please let me know where I can buy one and I'll be there with cash in hand).

Rob & Kevin had some tough choices to make, and not everyone is gonna like the outcome. For me, it's toy car racing and all about having fun and having a list of bodies to run for a class doesn't change that.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
I know it's been mentioned before (sorta tongue in cheek), but maybe the class should be called USSCR (U.S. Sports Car Racing) instead of USGT to keep everyone happy and be all-inclusive to GT and Prototype folks alike.
I like it. It's more true to life.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

subscribing.

Is this a class for someone to get into onroad? or should i concentrate on VTA? Word on the street is the VTA class is dying out.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger
To me I thought the "spirit" of usgt was for adults to race toy cars that look like real race cars. So the silly logic to me is why would we eliminate bodies that are actual race cars, especially after countless posts by the "guy in charge" stated they were legal? If the dp bodies created an unfair advantage I'd be fine with their obmission from the body list but I have yet to see that from any event I've attended or results I've seen posted, this almost appears to me to be an attack on McAllister but I hope that's just me being silly as Gary is a great guy who makes a great product right here in the good ole USA.
As a nitpicky purist, any sort of PROTOTYPE body should not be allowed since they are NOT GT cars. As a toy car racer, I say let em race. You're right, if it gave some sort of magical advantage, everyone would run them and there would be no Cadillacs or, in the case of Eric Epp, the Lexus body he ran at MHIC which looked awesome. Besides, everyone knows that its the anodized aluminum parts (especially purple) that make the car go faster.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
subscribing.

Is this a class for someone to get into onroad? or should i concentrate on VTA? Word on the street is the VTA class is dying out.
Yes.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

subscribing.

They are both excellent classes for someone with experience with RC, which you seem to be. My suggestion is race BOTH classes!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

subscribing.

Not sure which street your hanging out on getting your rumors...... Class is plenty strong around these parts.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here in the PA/NJ area, the name of the class should be changed to US-GM. All that is run are Cadillacs and Camaros. Thank God I showed up with my McAllister MX Stang and soon will run my Hot Rod, er, Morgan GT.
I was getting sick of the monotony.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.