Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Disappointed about the loss of the Mcallister Bodies. and for no reason
Old 04-26-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Ouch! Right in the feels! Paint work on this one was done by the excellent Todd Daly. Mounted on a VBC Ghost EVO. Wheels and tires were just for the photos. Sadly won't look nearly as killer with the zero offset Gravity's.

Beautiful car angrymelon.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Ouch! Right in the feels! Paint work on this one was done by the excellent Todd Daly. Mounted on a VBC Ghost EVO. Wheels and tires were just for the photos. Sadly won't look nearly as killer with the zero offset Gravity's.

Very Nice!

Unless I missed something again , only the Tires are specified from Gravity RC , and you may still use any 24-26mm rim of your choice ( I know we also allow 25mm rims, even though the rule spefically says 24 OR 26).
Old 04-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

How can anybody honestly say Angrymelon's Riley should not be in USGT???

I admit that our Hot Rod GT body is not your typical GT body and probably shouldn't be on the USGT list. But don't say it's not a scale version of an actual car. Besides it handles great, looks cool and is fun to drive at your local track occasionally.... Yea, we added a wing and front splitter....yatta, yatta, yatta....

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Gary make us a Morgan!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:10 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm

I admit that our Hot Rod GT body is not your typical GT body and probably shouldn't be on the USGT list. But don't say it's not a scale version of an actual car. Besides it handles great, looks cool and is fun to drive at your local track occasionally.... Yea, we added a wing and front splitter....yatta, yatta, yatta....
We are driving toy cars for fun. It's a scale version of a real two door car. I think it should be included.

Also, I guess I am not clear what the parameters are for USGT bodies. The Protoform 1542-30 PFM-10 is on the list but, the McAllister 289 Gainesco Daytona, McAllister 297 2014 Riley Daytona Prototype, and the McAllister 212 "Wildcat 3 are not. They are all very similar in design.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think the key difference between the PFM-10 and GTP bodies are the overall height. The PFM shape at least resembles a street-legal car, just my personal observation. There weren't any parameters given to the public that I'm aware of.

On a side note, I just discovered the McAllister Mercedes. Gonna have to try that one out.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've held back a bit so far, to see how other's opinions stacked up, but here goes:

If I were to get a vote, I would also vote to keep the McAllister Corvette and Riley DP bodies. I have a new Corvette here that I bought to paint for next winter, and I'm disappointed now not only because I spent the (very small amount of) money, but because I think it's absolutely the prettiest body for the class.

Why someone running a body that is a model of a real, purpose-built racing car should bother anyone else is strange, especially since the body has no particular advantage over the others. USGT was the last class available to me that used bodies like this. Now it's just another class that looks like my wife's car. (Okay, I'll admit that there are still some good-looking bodies in the list, but they won't be competitive since they weigh a ton, and won't get anywhere close to the new minimum weight on my chassis.)

I have no problems with the PFM-10, or the Hot Rod, or even a Volkswagen Beetle. Why should there be a problem with the Corvette DP? If you don't like a body, then don't run it. But don't tell me that I can't run it.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Gary, my local hobby shop/track owner was so excited when I bought the Hot Rod GT. He keeps asking me when I'm going to put it out on the track because he wants to see the reaction of the racers AND the kids in the crowd that show up (we race at an indoor flea market).
And isn't that what this hobby is about?
I race because I love it, but I also want to get the "Generation X-Box" interested.
The amount of looks, smiles, points and "thumbs up" that happen when I run my Couger body with a vinyl top are incalculable - because it's so unique and different.
In my opinion, it's never a bad thing to have a mint chocolate chip in field of vanilla ATS'.

Thanks again, Gary, for making products that let us few zig - while the lemmings, zag.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NutDriver
To all, please look up "benevolent dictatorship".
Okay...now what?...
Old 04-27-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the positive comments on our DP bodies. Hopefully they will be good feedback for Rob K and Kevin K.

I just want to say that I appreciate Rob and Kevin's efforts to create a cool class for RC racing. I know how difficult it is to create classes and promote events since I have produced many large RC events in the past. It's not an easy task and many times a thankless one.

I hope our Corvette DP and Riley DP bodies will be included. I know the term Prototype sounds different from GT, but keep in mind the term Daytona Prototype is just a name that Nascar uses for that class. The bodies are really no different than many others on the list that are "racing only" GT bodies. I really think many of the RC racers that follow current full scale Road Racing just want to use the current best road racing cars in the U.S. That was our intend for making the bodies. Whether you think they are pretty or ugly, I think they are well established as part of the USGT class and should remain.

Thanks
Gary McAllister
Old 04-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

You mean other than its a body of a Daytona PROTOTYPE and not a GT body (dont get me wrong, the Corvette DP is nice). Oh yeah that. Plus the PFM-10 is very similar to a McLaren GT-3 race car.

Last edited by SpeedySST; 04-27-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
You mean other than its a body of a Daytona PROTOTYPE and not a GT body (dont get me wrong, the Corvette DP is nice). Oh yeah that. Plus the PFM-10 is very similar to a McLaren GT-3 race car.
The approved Audi S1 Quattro, Type A Quattro and Lancia 037 are RALLY cars, not GT cars.
Your argument is invalid.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

So multiple wrongs make a right? Nope. However, I limited my argument to one body but agree that those bodies that are NOT somewhat recent GT cars should not be allowed. That is the spirit of the class. If a Daytona Prototype is allowed, then why not a LeMans Prototype? However, I wont lose sleep over it since its just toy car racing after all. Funny how I found a picture of a Lancia in a non rally configuration so oops! It wasnt just a rally car! Oh what about the Audi Quattro IMSA Camel GT Pro Series car? Oops, that would make it a GT car (the Audi's also raced in some touring car series).

Last edited by SpeedySST; 04-27-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Some of the bodies are also meant for those who want to run FWD, which is legal for USGT. Most of those quattro cars were also a fwd model. The R32 on there is also meant for a FWD driver if they want to compete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.