R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JPHRacer
I have been using traction action for about 2 months now. I have found that It works just as good as anyting else out there that I have tried.

I do race mod oval, but if it workes for me, it should have no problem working for you in TC. I have tried it in 1/12 scale, but I only race it once a month, if even that.

I dont race at tracks that make me run oderless compound, but I really do like the Paragon TA stuff. It works better then Jack the Slipper, and is on par with Stick-Et, and regular Paragon.

The only difference that I have found, is that the Stick-Et, seems to grab harder the first lap then anything else out there, but can fade away a little faster then paragon at the end, but that depends on how you drive it and how much motor you have in it.
How does the odor compare to normal Paragon and other 'oderless' traction compounds like Jack? Glad theres someone out there with first hand experience with TA.
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:00 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Default Re: Paragon Traction Action

Quote:
Originally posted by psbarger
Has anyone tried this stuff? My local track is opening up their carpet track soon and due to their location (in a mall) Paragon Ground Effects and the like aren't going to be allowed cause of the smell. Ground Effects has worked awesome for me, but as you all know, its just a 'little' bit of a strong smell. Has anyone used Traction action? Does it work well? How strong is the smell? The track hobby shop is pushing Trinity Zip Free, but it still has at least a light smell, so if the Traction Action isn't at least knock you over strong it should be ok....
I kinda like the smell of the Paragon, just a little of it. Too much and I start to get a headache! lol
asimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to piorc
Default paragon site

Please, someone has paragon site?
Thanks.
piorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #19
Tech Regular

What process are you guys using with TQ orange on rubbers (cs-22's)? I've tried it recently bt the car felt like it was on an ice ring with the stuff on.

Cheers
Crashmaster
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink TA vs FXII

I mainly use Paragon FXII but I have had some time with the TA also.. it seems to have all of the same proporties as the FXII but with less bite... so I would say its a milders version of FXII ... and I have only tested this stuff with Rubber tires... don`t have any time with it on Foam.
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashmaster
What process are you guys using with TQ orange on rubbers (cs-22's)? I've tried it recently bt the car felt like it was on an ice ring with the stuff on.

Cheers
Crashmaster
put it on then wipe it off good.. make sure there isnt a film left on the tires..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Cheers burbs, I'll have another go with it nxt time i'm racing.

Thanks
Crashmaster
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

With foam tires, I feel like traction Action tends to blow out a bit quicker. Jack is good, especially when everyone has to run it. I think TQ is excellent when you have multiple odorless additives on the track. I like TQ in the red or purple can for foam. Blue was always good for rubber tire.

Paragon is always the best in my book, but if you do go to something else at your track, see if you can get everybody to use the same thing. You will build more consistent and greater traction. If everybody is using a mish mash of stuff, it tends to be a lot harder to build traction.

At the 2003 ROAR nats in MN, and at last year's Novak, everybody used Jack the Gripper. I think you can ask anybody who attended, and they would tell you both events had tremendous traction. I imagine at lot of it was due to everybody running the same stuff.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #24
Tech Adept

i used traction action at this past snowbirds and it work unbelievably well i put it on about a half an hour before my race and then wiped it off before my race and i had plenty of traction
teammidget1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Paragon Traction Action

Paragon Traction Action smells like a wax for your real car. Almost like Mother's Carnuba Wax which I like the smell of. It's not quite pleasant like that wax but like a wax type smell. It should be a big improvement over Jack and TQ which I think don't have anything near the Paragon Ground Effects ability.

I can't wait to try this out.

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #26
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Traction Action is the "new" prefered traction compound at my track. When I say prefered, it's the only thing the store will sell and pretty much let you run. Before TA we were all using TQ and Jack the Gripper compounds. This is an indoor, tight carpet track where everyone runs foams. The drivers using the TQ products were always running some mix of the TQ compounds (1/2 bottle of orange, 1/4 or red and 1/4 of blue...stuff like that). The majority were running Jack the Gripper. Well when the track imposed the Traction Action mandate we all tried it for a month and no one seemed to like it or get it to work as good as Jack was working. After some complaining, we can run Jack on the track but the store refuses to sell it. Needless to say, 90% of the guys run Jack

Personally, I tried everythig tto get it to work on the track. Everything from letting it soak in for several minutes to 45 minutes. Putting the car on the track with the tires wet with the stuff to drying the tires off several minutes before running. It never came close to Jack the Gripper.

If the carpet had been brand new when we started running TA, the results may have been different. But since we were running Jack and TQ stuff on the carpet for about 6 months before running TA on the same carpet, the other compounds on the carpet could have adverse effects on TA causing it to be not as effective.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #27
Tech Adept

whats intresting about Ground Affects(sP) is that however it might smell strong its a smell of straight wintergreen, other than the smells its the healthiest,safest, and cleanest(as in contents) traction compound, the fumes won't effect you any other than the strong smell that you get from it
Charles Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Traction

Quote:
Originally posted by Yokomo Aust
What about racing on an out door trach does any of this stuff work on foam tires outdoors. Does anyone have any expreience with it in these conditions.
I used to run foams on asphalt, and I found that trinity Red dot applied to the tire about 2 or 3 days before racing worked very well, then just clean them with WD-40 at the end of the day. Found it worked pretty well on speedMind's and Ellegi's.

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:27 AM   #29
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Traction

Don't you think Oderless products are worst than the ones you CAN smell. Think about it for a little while. Insideline your right on the money.

Coxy.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Michael Lufaso, PhD.'s comments on traction additives

http://home.sc.rr.com/mlufaso/rc/Paragon.html

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote