Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mi4 or trf416?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Tekin is top dogg in stock racing and gm is top dogg in mod racing I think I would go with the 416x-416 we or the top photon.
GM is top dog in everything here in the UK, it realy is a monster.

The car leading the British Touring Car Championship is a Schumacher Mi4LP with the new GM120 ( Chris Grainger )
Old 05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc-racer-kirby
Lite Modz ( Titanium Racing ) driveshafts solve this problem. I myself have never had a problem with the Schumacher HD driveshafts.
I never got round to buying those as various people i know have purchased things from TR and had problems with quality / crap service so i cant comment. If the HD ones were as standard on the LP then they bent like bananas..
Old 05-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
I never got round to buying those as various people i know have purchased things from TR and had problems with quality / crap service so i cant comment. If the HD ones were as standard on the LP then they bent like bananas..
TiR is now in administration but have been bought over and now called lite modz, service was a problem but seems much better now the company is under new management. There realy are no quality issues except for the spool but that is in the middle of being improved
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I've never owned the Tamiya, but do like Schumachers and have owned them. The shafts on Schumachers are a huge down fall because the bend like rubber, and you need the Parma bumper for the car. Tamiya is the world champion, and the car every car seems to be heading more and more towards copying. TCX, TF6 and so on. Tamiya is what's winning big races. Except for when Hara shows up

I know I would love to try a GM, but us americans can't get them. I dislike the Tekins for the fact that they are goofy in mod, and everybody runs them (for stock). Any other ESC are the LRP Sxx SS with the Lrp Stock Spec motor (I run the Sxx TC for mod and it's a awesome speedo) or the Orca Escs that I've heard nothing but good about from Korey H.
The GM is available from www.racing-cars.com ( Schumacher UK )

I do not believe Hara had the best car at the MACH but I feel Jilles Groskamp was best in the infield but just did not have the power, Hara was using the GM and just had a huge advantage over everyone.