R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Ultraspeed84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,072
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default mi4 or trf416?

Okay guys im getting into ELEC rubber racing i need to know the follow.
What are some pros and cons of each car. Id like to have something pretty strong. Which one will get better support? as well as where is the best place to buy parts for each car? and what hop ups would be needed to make them better ect.
Im also confused on speed controls i cant figure out what is top of the line right now.

is it Tekin Or is GM taking over? id like to purchase a GM speedo after watching hara but im not running mod just 17.5 so what should i do?
__________________
yokomo yz-2
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
jhock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 462
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

MI4
__________________
Team Driver Schumacher USA
SVR
SX3
Tekin
KO Propo
jhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
 
rc-racer-kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 33
Send a message via MSN to rc-racer-kirby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
Okay guys im getting into ELEC rubber racing i need to know the follow.
What are some pros and cons of each car. Id like to have something pretty strong. Which one will get better support? as well as where is the best place to buy parts for each car? and what hop ups would be needed to make them better ect.
Im also confused on speed controls i cant figure out what is top of the line right now.

is it Tekin Or is GM taking over? id like to purchase a GM speedo after watching hara but im not running mod just 17.5 so what should i do?
GM seems to be top in every class at the moment

I run the Mi4LP and I love it! I used to run Xray in the past and I am finding the Schumacher quicker, better to work on and loving the customer support from Schumacher.

The TRF416 looks like a brilliant car and I would love to try one though spares are very hard to get for me so I cannot compare the two.

There are very few faults if any with either car from what I have heard though.
__________________
Schumacher UK - Lite Modz - Gingapaint

Schumacher Mi4LP - Nosram Matrix Evolution Spec Racing, Speed Passion V3.0, GM 5400 50C, Savox 1251MG, Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz, TiR Screws, TiR CVD's, TiR Layshaft, Ti Turnbuckles.
rc-racer-kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Ultraspeed84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,072
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Which GM controller is at the top? and where can i buy them?
__________________
yokomo yz-2
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Both are good cars, but I drive a 416 so it's 416 for me.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Tekin is top dogg in stock racing and gm is top dogg in mod racing I think I would go with the 416x-416 we or the top photon.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Default

Is indiferent, the Mi4lp is a strong car, easy to work in it, and you can buy direct to Schumacher, great support, if you like GM, you can buy in Schumacher web, too.
Tamiya, is a great car, top performance car, the support is not the same.

Buy one you like, if you have a close circuit, see that there are more cars by
it will be easier to find help with problems and setups.
And for electronic, all are good today, i run with Nosram/LRP and Tekin, and i like the simplicity of Nosram/LRP, but a like the power of Tekin, too, the performance ? are the same, is limited to my skills.

Greetings, Luis C.
__________________
## NOSRAM ## YOKOMO BD5W ## BMI DB12RR+ ##
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 436
Default

British touring car championship.

Mod

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher

Pro stock

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher

http://www.redrc.net/2010/05/grainge...cher-btcc-rd2/

Build review
http://www.rcracer.com/on-road-elect...humacher-mi4lp
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
WildManDriving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Mi4 LP.
__________________
. . . - - - Now enjoying Proline tyres - - - . . .
Scale race models: RCHobbyzone, Mugen, Reds, Xpert, Contact, Neo+.
Toy cars: Xray T4'15, Hudy, Nosram/Muchmore, Protoform.
No longer defined as a Off or On-road racer, but simply a RC enthusiast.
WildManDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 AM   #10
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

As for ESC's, i've not used a GM of any type but not had any reason to, as the RS Pro does everything i need it to with a 13.5 motor.

With a 17.5 and the right gearing/boost/turbo settings using an RS Pro, you will see your motor work very well

If you do not plan to use faster than a 6.5, save yourself some $ and get the regular RS speed control, it will do everything you need it to that the RS Pro does.

The pro is if you want to use a REALLY fast motor for mod racing...
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #11
Tech Adept
 
nutsisneat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 101
Default

MI4 spares are extremely expensive,
416 spares are cheap, (if bought overseas)
nutsisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I've never owned the Tamiya, but do like Schumachers and have owned them. The shafts on Schumachers are a huge down fall because the bend like rubber, and you need the Parma bumper for the car. Tamiya is the world champion, and the car every car seems to be heading more and more towards copying. TCX, TF6 and so on. Tamiya is what's winning big races. Except for when Hara shows up

I know I would love to try a GM, but us americans can't get them. I dislike the Tekins for the fact that they are goofy in mod, and everybody runs them (for stock). Any other ESC are the LRP Sxx SS with the Lrp Stock Spec motor (I run the Sxx TC for mod and it's a awesome speedo) or the Orca Escs that I've heard nothing but good about from Korey H.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
British touring car championship.

Mod

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher

Pro stock

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher
And how many on-road IFMAR Worlds has Schumacher won? Tamiya has won three
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #14
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 127
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
I've never owned the Tamiya, but do like Schumachers and have owned them. The shafts on Schumachers are a huge down fall because the bend like rubber, and you need the Parma bumper for the car. Tamiya is the world champion, and the car every car seems to be heading more and more towards copying. TCX, TF6 and so on. Tamiya is what's winning big races. Except for when Hara shows up

I know I would love to try a GM, but us americans can't get them. I dislike the Tekins for the fact that they are goofy in mod, and everybody runs them (for stock). Any other ESC are the LRP Sxx SS with the Lrp Stock Spec motor (I run the Sxx TC for mod and it's a awesome speedo) or the Orca Escs that I've heard nothing but good about from Korey H.
What this guy said, shafts are just abysmal. Sold my LP for a 416x, dont get me wrong the LP handled really well but i did a lot of indoors and everytime i clipped a corner it was either snap at the joint or a massive bend.
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
Tech Initiate
 
rc-racer-kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 33
Send a message via MSN to rc-racer-kirby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
What this guy said, shafts are just abysmal. Sold my LP for a 416x, dont get me wrong the LP handled really well but i did a lot of indoors and everytime i clipped a corner it was either snap at the joint or a massive bend.
Lite Modz ( Titanium Racing ) driveshafts solve this problem. I myself have never had a problem with the Schumacher HD driveshafts.
__________________
Schumacher UK - Lite Modz - Gingapaint

Schumacher Mi4LP - Nosram Matrix Evolution Spec Racing, Speed Passion V3.0, GM 5400 50C, Savox 1251MG, Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz, TiR Screws, TiR CVD's, TiR Layshaft, Ti Turnbuckles.
rc-racer-kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
Clone Tamiya TRF416 World Edition QuangVuong Australian Racing 83 12-24-2010 01:20 PM
Mi4 CLONE Born2Run Electric On-Road 33 01-10-2010 08:10 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net