Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569
Hey guys I finally got my Graphite XXX-S up and running. I have a Novak GTB Esc and a 3.5T velociti BL Motor. I know it is super fast. I was wondering what motor would be perfect for this car how many turn??? Also I would like to know what is everybodys favorite Spur and Pinion setups??(how many teeth) I would like to know please.

Also I was reading some stuff about bearings and to clean them and remove the shields??? It has been sitting for a while, what is a few things I should do and look at or into?? what are some new things that came out for this car?? its been about 6 years since I raced these little guys. I have 3 of them and selling 2 of them if any1 wants one or needs 1. Let me know

Thanx again guys
a Motor choice is all depend on the track you running at, not your car. XXX-S can handle all of modern Brushless motors.

you should check out your local track what class they offer and you should choose a motor according to that.

a biggest spur gear should be use on the car as long as desired final drive ratio allowed, usually for 5.5 BL or faster needs 128, 17.5BL use a 108 Spur in 64 pitch.

you can take 1 side of shield off from axle bearings and those large chassis bearings, install bearings back with with a shield facing outside, easier to clean and lube also little less friction.

I dont think any one makes any hop up for this car anymore, stock losi parts are plenty available for sure

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Right on, I bet once they saw it they were like WTF?! Old school fools!
OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-16-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
a Motor choice is all depend on the track you running at, not your car. XXX-S can handle all of modern Brushless motors.

you should check out your local track what class they offer and you should choose a motor according to that.

a biggest spur gear should be use on the car as long as desired final drive ratio allowed, usually for 5.5 BL or faster needs 128, 17.5BL use a 108 Spur in 64 pitch.

you can take 1 side of shield off from axle bearings and those large chassis bearings, install bearings back with with a shield facing outside, easier to clean and lube also little less friction.

I dont think any one makes any hop up for this car anymore, stock losi parts are plenty available for sure

OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!
thank you for all your help. I have a GTB with a Orion Vortex 7.5T and it is still tooo fast. I dont know much what gears this guy has on the car. But I know it could be changed, and this pinion maybe too big. Do you know where I Can get more info on this? That would be great thank you.

Are there any other things you should mandatory do to the XXX-s??? and where are these bearings I need to replace and look at?

Old school does rock, I still have my Brushed setup LRP V7.1 Holla
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think there are still a few ppl who have old new stock lying around... surf the net and have a look. I found some alloy knuckles, c-hubs and rear uprights about 4 months back.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Company Representative

thank you for all your help. I have a GTB with a Orion Vortex 7.5T and it is still tooo fast. I dont know much what gears this guy has on the car. But I know it could be changed, and this pinion maybe too big. Do you know where I Can get more info on this? That would be great thank you.

Are there any other things you should mandatory do to the XXX-s??? and where are these bearings I need to replace and look at?

Old school does rock, I still have my Brushed setup LRP V7.1 Holla
LRP V7 was my favorite on off road racing, so smooth~

what size pinion and spur do you have it on that 7.5?

there is no mendatory thing needed for the car, maybe a metal motor clamp?

Those Ball bearings are in the hub which is the part your Axle goes through.

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
I think there are still a few ppl who have old new stock lying around... surf the net and have a look. I found some alloy knuckles, c-hubs and rear uprights about 4 months back.

Yeah but IMHO they are all useless, inly thing worth it in metal part is red motor clamp by trinity one that vr6cj have pictured on his car.

My moto clamp by dynamite can be good if you dont crank it down with screws, they crack so easily.

Im having so much fun with my XXX-S can't stop talk about it!

meanwhile my JRXS type-R collecting dusts
Old 06-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

LRP V7 was my favorite on off road racing, so smooth~

what size pinion and spur do you have it on that 7.5?

there is no mendatory thing needed for the car, maybe a metal motor clamp?

Those Ball bearings are in the hub which is the part your Axle goes through.

Yeah but IMHO they are all useless, inly thing worth it in metal part is red motor clamp by trinity one that vr6cj have pictured on his car.

My moto clamp by dynamite can be good if you dont crank it down with screws, they crack so easily.

Im having so much fun with my XXX-S can't stop talk about it!

meanwhile my JRXS type-R collecting dusts
I dont know what size pinion or spur is in it. the spur is orange, and the pinion has no # on it, I know I have a 25 tooth pinion sumwhere, and I have other spurs to put on car ,just dont know much about the car. I have the graphite edition.

Yes ok, are theyre any other bearings on the car that need maintance?? also I do have the metal motor hold downplate, with heatsink built on.
I love this car, she is fast, and handles sexy. I even play Drifter with her, and put my custom subaru body on her. hehehe

as far as engine size what should I run on this car?? and how do I stop the car from grinding up the gears when i hit the brake?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Company Representative

I dont know what size pinion or spur is in it. the spur is orange, and the pinion has no # on it, I know I have a 25 tooth pinion sumwhere, and I have other spurs to put on car ,just dont know much about the car. I have the graphite edition.

Yes ok, are theyre any other bearings on the car that need maintance?? also I do have the metal motor hold downplate, with heatsink built on.
I love this car, she is fast, and handles sexy. I even play Drifter with her, and put my custom subaru body on her. hehehe

as far as engine size what should I run on this car?? and how do I stop the car from grinding up the gears when i hit the brake?
which spur is it? click below
http://search.horizonhobby.com/index.jsp?N=0&Ntt=xxx-s+spur&sid=121EEF263596

there should be a number stamped it on a pinion, if not you need to count them then.

to find bearings DL this manual from the Losi

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/losa0251-manual.pdf

if you not going to race with it then motor on it is just fine

if you only hear grinding when you appy Brake then that s not the gear, its a front belt skipping, that is kinda normal up to certain level but if you want to you can tight your belt tension just little bit.

if you havent then read the manual good for 3-5 times. it holds the key~
Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

which spur is it? click below
http://search.horizonhobby.com/index.jsp?N=0&Ntt=xxx-s+spur&sid=121EEF263596

there should be a number stamped it on a pinion, if not you need to count them then.

to find bearings DL this manual from the Losi

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/losa0251-manual.pdf

if you not going to race with it then motor on it is just fine

if you only hear grinding when you appy Brake then that s not the gear, its a front belt skipping, that is kinda normal up to certain level but if you want to you can tight your belt tension just little bit.

if you havent then read the manual good for 3-5 times. it holds the key~

I have the 86 tooth spur, and I will go count my pinion, but what are the ones I should use and have???

I am going to want to get into racing. So which motor do you guys reccommend???

and thank you again for the help, I will read that manual a few times tonite, while toking, instead of playing xbox
Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Company Representative

I have the 86 tooth spur, and I will go count my pinion, but what are the ones I should use and have???

I am going to want to get into racing. So which motor do you guys reccommend???

and thank you again for the help, I will read that manual a few times tonite, while toking, instead of playing xbox
according to The Orion you need to run 7:0 Gear ratio
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/produ..._infosheet.pdf

what you need is a 22 or 23 T 48Pitch Pinion gear for that motor.

for Racing I suggest to join a Stock racing class first which will required 17.5T moto but again check with your local track first before make any purchase (or best bet is buy from your local track to help em stay open!)

No problem

is it Sunday yet?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

according to The Orion you need to run 7:0 Gear ratio
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/produ..._infosheet.pdf

what you need is a 22 or 23 T 48Pitch Pinion gear for that motor.

for Racing I suggest to join a Stock racing class first which will required 17.5T moto but again check with your local track first before make any purchase (or best bet is buy from your local track to help em stay open!)

No problem

is it Sunday yet?
dont know where the local tracks are on Long Island NY.... So coiuldnt go or do that

Now how do they determine gear ratios and determining what size spur n pinion you need?

If there are tutorials about BL engines, gearing and so forth, point me that way. I read as much as I can , I love to learn
Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

www.gearchart.com
Old 06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Company Representative

dont know where the local tracks are on Long Island NY.... So coiuldnt go or do that

Now how do they determine gear ratios and determining what size spur n pinion you need?

If there are tutorials about BL engines, gearing and so forth, point me that way. I read as much as I can , I love to learn
They just closed the door at 360raceway in LI, NY in March of this year.

we race at Staten Island now

come to the forum

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/286841-brownies-hobbies-racing-again-staten-island-ny-14.html

we race Stock class 17.5 / 27T come join us!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the info, but it seems you can only run Taiyma there. And I dont own one.

Where can I find information about adjusting the camber, toes, and turnbuckles, suspension, basically the essentails for racing.
I hear my freinds say they spend more time in the pits then they do on the track. So I want to know why.

I love this XXX-S but if I am going to have to buy a car for racing I want a drive shaft driven car, and Im looking for 1/10 scale.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you for the info, but it seems you can only run Taiyma there. And I dont own one.

Where can I find information about adjusting the camber, toes, and turnbuckles, suspension, basically the essentails for racing.
I hear my freinds say they spend more time in the pits then they do on the track. So I want to know why.

I love this XXX-S but if I am going to have to buy a car for racing I want a drive shaft driven car, and Im looking for 1/10 scale.
Bunch of setups:

http://www.gm-racing.com/

Bamberg is quite universal.

Interesting for me is what feeling has JRS Type R compared to XXX-S? I think sometimes of jrs, but there are no spare parts here in Poland and I don't know how reliable car is...
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
the XXX-S is a fine car. It's the next marketing hype. The problem is new batteries will not fit in the car. Since Losi will continue to market the XXX-S in rtr kits, I would think the would continue to update the car. All those poor people buying the rtr can't use new loose made batteries packs.

Anyone know if 3800 STICK packs will fit into the XXX-S without mods?

I hope Losi will continue to keep the XXX-S around and update it. It's the best belted car for dirty tracks and street bashing.
Lol, five year old qoute here, but check out what he said. Now that we are using Lipo's instead the others we are reviving a old favorite. My new SMC 5300 40c fit perfect in this car after I dremeled those four tabs out. Took it out for a spin and man, this thing is quite and as quick as any my newer rides.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a cool website showing everything made for the xxx-s just about.

http://pegs.no/mod/rc/xxx-s-hopup-list/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.