Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by anthony390
can the xxx-4 belt or anything else fit on to the xxx-s?
xxx4 belt do not fit xxx-s do the fact that xxx4 is slightly longer than xxx-s. the only belt that fit would xxx-s is the blue, yellow and upgraded black belt from team losi.

hope that help..
Old 01-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

then wouldnt it act like a black belt
Old 01-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

then wouldnt it act like a black belt
actually no. cause the chassis for xxx4 is slightly longer than the chassis for xxx-s..
the black belt for xxxs parts # [LOSA3280] is longer than the normal xxxs belt ( both blue and yellow)
black belt and it would fit the xxx-s cause it would come with a bigger pulley..
now cause overall chassis of xxx4 is longer the belt for it is would obviously longer.

hope that explain it.. I used to run xxx-s for carpet..
Old 01-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

today i had a mis hap

i was drving and i hit some interferance (from my phone i think b/c as soon as i said hello the car was twichy) and then next thing i know, i hit a gun ball abd BAM! there goes my right axle carrier and i think my a-arm

does anyone sells alum. parts for the xxx-s?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

what ever you do, dont get aluminum arms or hubs or steering carriers. The reason for, is though they are stronger in stead of breaking something else will bend or those parts will bend instead. Plus it makes ur car lighter. If your doing it for bashing then go ahead and get plastic, instead of aluminum. Thats my opinion. If ur into racing and really care then get graphite. Ive learned from people telling me so thats why i dont have aluminum arms or anything, just the aluminum steering arms.
Hope this helps you out.

Chris
Old 01-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvilDriver
actually no. cause the chassis for xxx4 is slightly longer than the chassis for xxx-s..
the black belt for xxxs parts # [LOSA3280] is longer than the normal xxxs belt ( both blue and yellow)
black belt and it would fit the xxx-s cause it would come with a bigger pulley..
now cause overall chassis of xxx4 is longer the belt for it is would obviously longer.

hope that explain it.. I used to run xxx-s for carpet..

what if i had the bigger idle pulley and the tension arm that goes with it?

also while i have my car open any tips or methods on freeing up the drivetrain?

Thanks

Last edited by anthony390; 01-04-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks
You will have to consider limited space between Spur gear and chassis bottom (+ belt ribs height) if you want to make a bigger idler pulley

with black belt kit (+ special alum (longer) tensioner arm) actually the original size idler almost touching belt running under from front pulley,

always clean up all drivertarin bearing about every 10 run, then clean up dirt that may lodging between pulley gears (although xxx-s have enclosed

Do not ever run without original tiny ring (part of LOS A-9933) placed between wheel bearing A-6916, pin A-6401 and wheel hex A-3260, this ring ensure the hex surface only press on inner race surface of wheel bearing and not rub directly to outer race of bearing/hub surface,

IMO, free is relative terms due to xxx-s nature as its a belt driven car, shaft driven car will ALWAYS feels 'free' than belt drive.

Last edited by Faiz; 01-04-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

well thanks for the info

and all i need to do for a clean smooth drivetrain is to clean the bearings and diffs and oil or lube everything right?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

well thanks for the info

and all i need to do for a clean smooth drivetrain is to clean the bearings and diffs and oil or lube everything right?
did u plan using one-way front?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Faiz
did u plan using one-way front?

nope just regular ball open diffs
Old 01-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

nope just regular ball open diffs
I tried drift tyres before with one-way then diff, and find one-way front is much fun for driftin'
Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Are the rummors true that Losi's considering going...

back to the XXX-S one belt design with a cut out for the belt on a cf chassis version, new chassis flex design features and with a future updated molded chassis for the rtr kits. Boy, I hope!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks
when I was running my xxxs Competively on Carpet. I cut the teeths on the belt, not all of them just any other teeths.. ( I cut on teeth, then left the next one alone, then cut the next one after.. like that)..
I notice that i freed up the belts but I have to warn you that this would limit the age of the belt... and with the new black belt kit.. I noticed that you don't have to put a lot of tension on the belt, which in turn would automaticly free up the drivetrain.

hope that help..
Old 01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

actualy it did

and well i herd about cutting teeth off but ya i wasnt really interested it that method

maybe i can do some chores and get some money to buy a black belt kit...by the way how much is it?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Faiz
I tried drift tyres before with one-way then diff, and find one-way front is much fun for driftin'

LOL well ya dont have money to buy one-ways but i made my self a spool for myself and learned how to drift with it... i guess thats how im so good in drifting without the worry of changing set-ups but ya i just mostly drift with open diffs but if you give me any midship 4wheel drive car with a spool in the front or back i can drift it like a dream also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.