Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

What set up do all you guys run for stock carpet (Tight)?
I have been experimenting with Bobby Flacks trackside and David Spashett Cleveland indoor chapms from 2001. Amy more sugestions?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by DavidAlford
Those bumpers break way to easy. Just set the droop by the shocks. Its a pain at first but once you get it down its really pretty simple. You'll never have a problem with droop after that.
Thanks, but i just bought the bumpers so i guss when they break i will try the limiters.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you set droop by uptravel your droop does indeed change.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

I know this is somewhat off topic but any one know where i can sign up for clevland 2004?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Reedy 19T Gearing

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Those Reedy 19t make you tink you are crazy for putting that gear on them but they work. I was getting 3 quality runs during practice at the Nats with that gearing (5.80). Think it will make your motor work a bit better for you.

Let us know how it goes with it.

Jeff
I must say that gearing works well for that motor even at the 2 tracks I run here in the Philippines... Seems high, but it makes the motor come alive!
Old 08-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yep, I thought Todd was crazy when he told me that gearing. The only problem was coming up with a 41 tooth pinion.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

For droop, just put more inner limiters than you need and adjust it by unscrewing the shock eyelet, much easier than changing limiters every time to get different droop.
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
stupid steering

I've been trying to fix this problem for about a month now, AND IT WON'T GO AWAY .
When I turn the wheels either left or right, there's alot of wheel chatter. I've cut back on my left and right steering throw, EPA and whatever else I could adjust on the radio, I did it. I mean, I turned my radio all the way down to 60 and I still get shake & chatter. I put on new RPM ball cups <----- didn't help a bit! The only thing that did help substantially is putting o-rings (the ones that goes in the stock RTR shocks) over the bstuds underneath the bcups as cushions . But as I later investigated, that did nothing but bind up the movement in my suspension . I absolutely love this car, but dealing with this problem for so long is making me think of moving on (like to my Yoke)
I don't know how the G+ is, but I should've gotten that in the 1st place 'cause this RTR..........

Can someone think of anything else before this car's a hasbeen

- JayBee
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Droop doesn't change with tire wear, ride height does and for that if you have threaded shocks that's a piece of cake to change.
The Up-travel will change as you crank down on the shocks! I normally use that method vs's the droop gauge!

Thanks everyone for your input, I'll limit the shocks...
Old 08-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Those bumpers break way to easy. Just set the droop by the shocks. Its a pain at first but once you get it down its really pretty simple. You'll never have a problem with droop after that.
Yeah I've broken 2 of those DAMN THINGS already

- JayBee
Old 08-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by JayBee
stupid steering

I've been trying to fix this problem for about a month now, AND IT WON'T GO AWAY .
When I turn the wheels either left or right, there's alot of wheel chatter. I've cut back on my left and right steering throw, EPA and whatever else I could adjust on the radio, I did it. I mean, I turned my radio all the way down to 60 and I still get shake & chatter. I put on new RPM ball cups <----- didn't help a bit! The only thing that did help substantially is putting o-rings (the ones that goes in the stock RTR shocks) over the bstuds underneath the bcups as cushions . But as I later investigated, that did nothing but bind up the movement in my suspension . I absolutely love this car, but dealing with this problem for so long is making me think of moving on (like to my Yoke)
I don't know how the G+ is, but I should've gotten that in the 1st place 'cause this RTR..........

Can someone think of anything else before this car's a hasbeen

- JayBee
Thats in your CVD's, not your ballcups. They are binding up and thats what causes the sound. Try rebuilding them and see if that helps. You can also glue a gold washer to the steering spindle to limit the movement.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Thats in your CVD's, not your ballcups. They are binding up and thats what causes the sound. Try rebuilding them and see if that helps. You can also glue a gold washer to the steering spindle to limit the movement.
Where on the steering spindle
Have you encountered this problem? And what's wrong with the CVD's-- are they too long, bent slightly, ???

- JayBee
Old 08-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default xxx-s

i think cutting every other tooth helped my car ,but i am looking to free it up more. are there any heavy friction points that i can free up.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default WHEEL CHATTERING

it is most likely to be the wheel hitting the shock this has been hapining to me since i have had the car put AE hexes on the front and rear, this should solve all your problems
Old 08-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with earlier assessments. If you grab your front wheel and turn it, you will notice that there is play on the inside wheel (generally quite significant). This play is what causes the CVD's to chatter. If you put the gold washer on the spindle, that play will be removed and you shouldn't get the chatter anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.