Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Losi white ball bups

Originally posted by John L
someon told me that's normail ball cups with no deying color on.
Nothing special on performance just for look.

I could be wrong
They are redesigned now, not tight...not loose...just perfect. They are backordered right now so you would have to buy a new MF2 kit to get them.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Losi white ball bups

Originally posted by James Nguyen
...so you would have to buy a new MF2 kit to get them.
Those are some expensive ball cups!!
Old 06-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
hey guys, tore down my XXX-s RTR completely, just rebuilt it tonight with some upgrades, especially the black belt kit. but i'm planning on running stock with a monster stock motor. i'm still going to run the 88t spur that comes stock, but what pinion should i run being that the RTR comes with an 24t pinion. The track that i'm running on is a fairly tight and technical one with a 40- 45ft' back straight?

THANKS-

JayBee
Old 06-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

For pinon gear size I usally have to test it out and if i hit top speed to fast on the back straight I gear up, if I hit it to late I gear down.

But because I'm not the best driver I like to gear down becasue a lower gear helps my slow down in the turns with out breaking.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Losi white ball bups

Originally posted by James Nguyen
They are redesigned now, not tight...not loose...just perfect. They are backordered right now so you would have to buy a new MF2 kit to get them.
Found it LOSA6015

I just placed on backorder @ horizon

Thanks james
Old 06-19-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default KO servos

anyone know of a good KO servo that would fit in a XXX-S G+ and would work good with a helios/302f receiver? preferably high speed digital.
and preferably something on this page

im at work and need to send off my order in the next hour, and dont have access to the info i need to work out servo sizes etc.

last servo i bought didtn seem to fit into the chassis properly

Last edited by Jaybo; 06-19-2004 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I currently run the PDS-2123 in my xxx-s. It's the one with the little extra wire that runs off your speed control. Fits perfectly. The PDS-2144, PDS-2343, and PDS-2344 al are awesome servos and will fit in the xxx-s. I guess the DS 2343 and 2344 have some special tuning options when connected with the helios....

-Sushi Boy
Old 06-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default E-Clips

Are there 2 different sizes of E Clip on the xxx-s or are they all the same?. Only part # ive found for them is LOSA6100. I tend to lose these things and would like to replace them with the right ones
Old 06-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: E-Clips

Originally posted by NVisible
Are there 2 different sizes of E Clip on the xxx-s or are they all the same?. Only part # ive found for them is LOSA6100. I tend to lose these things and would like to replace them with the right ones
On the chassis' outer hinge pins, you have the smaller e-clips (3/32") to hold these hinge pins in place. Many people leave the e-clips off and only use the set screw to hold these pins in place. They are part no. LOSA6103.

On the shocks, you have the e-clips (1/8") on the top and bottom of the pistons. This is part no. LOSA6100.

You are right. The smaller ones are not in the manual.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 06-19-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JayBee
hey guys, tore down my XXX-s RTR completely, just rebuilt it tonight with some upgrades, especially the black belt kit. but i'm planning on running stock with a monster stock motor. i'm still going to run the 88t spur that comes stock, but what pinion should i run being that the RTR comes with an 24t pinion. The track that i'm running on is a fairly tight and technical one with a 40- 45ft' back straight?

THANKS-

JayBee
For the 88 tooth spur, start out gearing it a little on the high side, like a 20 or 21 tooth pinion. It's always better to start out gearing too high than too low. That way you don't risk burning up your motor.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rookie XXX-S observations June 2004

Last week there was no Novice class so I had to run in the regular stock class. I finished 7th out of 9. (one car broke down and one was being driven my someone's girl friend). So basically I finished dead last and was lapped by the field 3 times.

I finished 15 laps the winner 19 laps most of the other cars 18 laps. The track was a relatively large out door asphalt track with a very long straight away.

What I found encouraging was that the acceleration of my car was equal to most of the other cars. On maybe a dozen occasions, I would enter the straight away side by side with another car, we would both punch the accelerator and the cars would acelerate down the starightaway side by side and my car would stay even with the other car. This leads me to believe I am getting the motor, batttery, gear ratio drive train part of my setup correct.

It appeared I lost most of my lap time because because I lacked the driving skill to negotiate the first series of turns after the big straight away, without slowing way down.

It seemed that in the slow speed, twisty part of the track every one was going slow and I was not losing much ground to the better drivers.

I am fairly confident that my chasis setup is pretty close. Certainly close enough to not be holding me back that much.

I can see my driving improving from month to month. My control is way better, I am not hitting things and breaking my car as much any more.
The two obsticles now are; throttle control, getting my trigger finger to cut back on throttle enough to maintain control but not to much so I lose all my speed. I have been following peoples advice and emphasizing control over speed.

The other problem is my over shooting my turn points, going so wide on a turn I have to cut back on the throttle too much.

In general I think I have hit the law of diminshing returns when it comes to improving the car and the only thing which will close the gap between me and the other drivers is practice driving and improved driving technique.
If you have any advice in this area of improving ones driving skill besides practice, practice, practice or advice on how to get more out of my practice time I would appreciate it.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi imjonah,

Wow! An honest self-appraisal. Sounds like me a few months ago.

You will go far...

Bill
Old 06-19-2004, 10:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ya just gotta keep practicing, and considering you can build the car well, you can go from there.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: E-Clips

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
On the chassis' outer hinge pins, you have the smaller e-clips (3/32") to hold these hinge pins in place. Many people leave the e-clips off and only use the set screw to hold these pins in place. They are part no. LOSA6103.

On the shocks, you have the e-clips (1/8") on the top and bottom of the pistons. This is part no. LOSA6100.

You are right. The smaller ones are not in the manual.
great thanks!. Yea i had thought of not using the eclips at all, but the last thing i need to do is lose a hinge pin too. I still bounce off the walls, so id imagine that could knock em loose.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have never lost a hingepin and I only use the set screws. Bouncing off the walls would propably be more likely to bend a hingepin than knock it out..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.