Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

How much does the one-way affect the handling of the XXXS? Ive had a Yokomo MR4-TC SP, and with that the one-way totally upset the handling and balance of the car on turn in, and i tried a lot of setups to try and get it right, but it never worked, always no rear end grip. I want to try a one-way in my XXXS, so im just trying to find out what setup changes to make going from a diff to the one-way.

Thanks
Trevor
Old 07-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

What kind a surface are you running on? Try this for a hige bite track
http://www.teamlosi.com/pdfs/setups/...xgbk_socal.pdf

The rear may swing a bit but for the most part is should stsy put, you also have to drve way diffrent with a one and that take time to get used to.,
Old 07-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

roborat - cool, i'll take a look at it.. We run on a 80'x40' ozite with foams, we've just been running stock this summer because the turnout isnt spectacular during the summertime.. it's ok tho, given me time to try everything 3 or 4 times

j. - I know exactly what you mean about the 6deg hubs, i havent had 6's on my car since ?.. had to run 1/2 rear hubs tonite because we are out of Zero o/s', so.. thx for the setup tho, not much different than what i ran tonite, but i'll definately give it a try next week..

LOSA3012 is the brown grease, have your lhs try the #, i have gotten them within the last month and still have a few on the shelf..
Old 07-10-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lars: cool. but just to reiterate, my set up is using rubber on carpet. not anywhere the girp levels of foam on car so dont know how it will work for you. you may need to play with droop and ditch the one way if you run foams on a very small track with extremly narrow lanes as well (ours is about 87'x37'). with my set up i ended up with 1 deg rear hubs to plant the rear. i could probably achieve the same effect using other methods but since we have a short main straight, i dint think id be loosing to much down the stretch in terms of speed especially since i run mod mostly. the car car goes from and to end in a wink ... hehehe for stock id go to 0 rear deg hubs.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Teamae,
I run on unprepared asphalt outdoors and in an indoor sports centre which is astroturf. I use foams on both those surfaces, sometimes rubber outdoors. A point though is that it is highly illegal to use traction additive here in New Zealand.

Thanks for your help.
Trevor
Old 07-10-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Post Roll-out

I just dropped a Trinity Chameleo 19T pro into my car with a 64P 128 spur. I have a 34T pinion on it right now with my rollout around 27.5.

What is the ideal roll-out for this car running it indoors? I know how to calculate it and I have a chart but I just don't know perfect roll-out should be. I've heard keep it at 26, some other people have even said 27 or 28. What are you guys here using?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

highwayman - bad part, they don't seem to hold up as well as they should. They should use larger 1-way bearings next time. If you ask factory team drivers, they'll officially say they have no probs, but in reality, they fail on them also.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone have a graphite front shock tower with the inner left hole molded inline with the other 3 hole on that side? Mine plus the the other 6 on LHS walls are off. Maybe this is why setups tend to not use the inner holes?

Or does slightly being off on that hole not make a difference?
Old 07-11-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rainblows
Does anyone have a graphite front shock tower with the inner left hole molded inline with the other 3 hole on that side? Mine plus the the other 6 on LHS walls are off. Maybe this is why setups tend to not use the inner holes?

Or does slightly being off on that hole not make a difference?
i have the G+ and the front shock towers are ok
Old 07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

TheBiggman- normaly when the track is big I use 128 36 but most of time on a tight carpet track I use 34 !
Old 07-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Roll-out

Originally posted by thebiggman9419
I just dropped a Trinity Chameleo 19T pro into my car with a 64P 128 spur. I have a 34T pinion on it right now with my rollout around 27.5.

What is the ideal roll-out for this car running it indoors? I know how to calculate it and I have a chart but I just don't know perfect roll-out should be. I've heard keep it at 26, some other people have even said 27 or 28. What are you guys here using?
I keep mine at 28mm. Very efficient, good top end and good acceleration. In your case, you can play with 34T or 35T pinion and take note of your tire diameter. My tire diameter is 62.5mm, so if your tire diameter is 62.5 and you are running 34T pinion, you should come out at 28.5mm roll out to be exact. But for indoor, you can also try 33T pinion. Atleast that narrows it down just to three pinions to experiment with. Check you lap times on each pinion used and you'll for sure determine the ideal pinion to use in your indoor track.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
J.FILIPOW:

was reading your carpet set-up... wouldn't the front low roll center and 2F produce zero kick-up?

Joe- i checked with todge on this...and you are correct, with the losi low roll center blocks, a 2F pivot mount would yield O kick as you pointed out. the losi low roll blocks are actually more of a mid roll center block. however, the trinity MF low roll center blocks used at the lowest position, in combination with the 2F pivot block would result in 2 kick. i use my own LRC blocks which duplicate the measurements of the MF ones...
Old 07-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Roll-out

Originally posted by thebiggman9419

bigmann- when i run 19T, with foams on carpet, i typically run a 128/32 combo with 57-58mm tires. the tracks i frequent are very tight, and this seems to be the ideal gearing for me. i also underdrive the car, which slightly alters the internal ratio. i have found that stock gearing tends to be very close/identical to this as well on the motors (GM3) i have run...
Old 07-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by J.Filipow
Joe- i checked with todge on this...and you are correct, with the losi low roll center blocks, a 2F pivot mount would yield O kick as you pointed out. the losi low roll blocks are actually more of a mid roll center block. however, the trinity MF low roll center blocks used at the lowest position, in combination with the 2F pivot block would result in 2 kick. i use my own LRC blocks which duplicate the measurements of the MF ones...

ok... i asssumed that you were using the losi low roll center...

what would say is the effect of the (MF) low roll center with 2deg kickup as compared with a high roll center and 0 kickup, as far as steering is concered?

i'm just wondering what's the more predominant effect... the increase in steering as the low roll center would "want to dump more" on the front tires or would kick-up offsett this?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Dont you run an R2..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.