Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ok ok ok, dont read me the riot act.....
Old 05-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

yes i have talked to him also, so lets just leave it at this.....he is not running a losi any more, and he is still a great guy.....
Old 05-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Brian....first of all I cant read....so I cant read you the Riot act and second of all....I forgot.....Oh yeah I remember now I just dont want there to be any untruths going around about this and its bound to happen when people start spouting off at the mouth about something they know nothing about.....so like Mr Losi said hes not running a losi any more and leave it at that.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
Hey guys Im not trying to pounce on anyone about anything but no one knows for sure why Paul left and lets not sit here and play Monday quarter back about it. This is how nasty rumors get started so just leave it at he left Losi and is playing with a TC3 now. Paul's a great guy so Im sure he has his reasons so until we hear them from him lets not start anything that can snowball and tarnish his good name....like the way the interent can do to people. When Paul resurfaces again the truth will come out and Im sure RCCA will be camping out at his front door waiting for the TRUTH............so we can all get the TRUTH according to Car Action
You ever stop to think that we know him and are just curious? I now have the story so I guess I'll stay off the topic so the a "nasty" rumor doesn't get started.

Matt H- see what your comment started
Old 05-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Im sure that a lot of you guys know him but there its more then likely more that dont and then things can start to be said that just get outa hand. Thats all Im trying to say and this can all turn into a bad game of telephone.

And Im glad everyone has the story maybe we should all get together and write the tell all book and make about 10 bucks a piece on it.....
Old 05-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

So if you had a choice (assuming your car has grip to begin with), would you rather run a stiffer setup or a softer setup? Talking abot springs/shocks mostly. Many months ago I thought stiff was the way to go and I was running blue/silver springs all around with 50wt. Granted silver really isn't all that stiff compared to green/black springs.. One night the track was loose so I ended up with yellow springs and 30wt and I haven't been comfortable whenever I went to a silver or stiffer spring, even though our newly resurfaced track has tons of grip.

I guess the main problem is I don't have a lap timer for practice, and with only 2qual and a main per week, I don't want to waste it by running a setup that might not work. Anyways, just curious if you prefer a stiffer/heavier spring/shock setup or a softer one. What kind of differences to sway bars make? Sorry for the vague questions.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Phoenix- You have mail!! I sent you the setup I ran last week in the main... it worked well, but it is a little unorthodox! Are you going to race at SRS tonight? If you are - bring your TC too!!

Wilde

Last edited by tufferwilde; 05-09-2003 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

has anyone hade trouble with the belt coming off almost every time i run my car my belt comes off i can not find out why
Old 05-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Do you have the tensioner on the tensioner bushing? (little black thing) If not the belt will not have enough tension and will come off....

Make sure the tensioner is in place on it and everything should be fine. Even with the least amount of tension (when installed properly) the belt won't come off, it'll just skip when you brake.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Has anyone had the opportunity to test the different wings now available from Losi?? Just curious to see what the opinions are on the two avail.

Wilde
Old 05-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

The Alfa wing produces a ton of rear bite. If you are on a slick track or on carpet it might be the ticket. I really like the Lexus wing on the Alfa for the other type tracks. It provides a nice balance and great stability. The Lexus wing lets the front of the Alfa retain its great steering characteristic. Wilde, I would like to see your setup too.

I am glad that Paul did run a Losi. He has provided us some great info/setups to work from and I would like to say, even though I have never met him he has offered to help me with my car at an upcoming race in Tulsa,OK. That is a class act in my books. A racer is a racer no matter what make of car they are driving. Most people I race with are willing to help any make of car if they have an idea of how to help make it better. Lets just race and have fun. I dont think any of us are getting rich at doing this anyway.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by phoenixR34
So if you had a choice (assuming your car has grip to begin with), would you rather run a stiffer setup or a softer setup? Talking abot springs/shocks mostly. Many months ago I thought stiff was the way to go and I was running blue/silver springs all around with 50wt. Granted silver really isn't all that stiff compared to green/black springs.. One night the track was loose so I ended up with yellow springs and 30wt and I haven't been comfortable whenever I went to a silver or stiffer spring, even though our newly resurfaced track has tons of grip.

I guess the main problem is I don't have a lap timer for practice, and with only 2qual and a main per week, I don't want to waste it by running a setup that might not work. Anyways, just curious if you prefer a stiffer/heavier spring/shock setup or a softer one. What kind of differences to sway bars make? Sorry for the vague questions.
I use purple springs up front, blue in the back and 60wt oil all around. Our track has tons fo grip though, this is with a dual diff setup. It works good on carpet too.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well there is no "perfect" point blank.... on guy may feel great with a very soft set-up, and another can only drive the car super stiff..... it's all a matter of feel, will say this though, if the car works well with a softer set-up your tires will last longer than with a stiffer set-up.... I used to use an almost carpet set-up on my cars and wore out foams left ad right (no chunking)
Now I use a softer set-up on asphalt and my foams last a good bit longer.... It's a matter of where you are building traction, in the suspension or forcing your tires to create the extra grip.......
Old 05-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, personal preference is key to how a car is set up.

There are 2 local tracks that I race at, one track I run blue/silver, the other track I run green/blue, same suspension positions, same tires, it's all in the grip of the track.

Just make minor adjustments, one at a time, and eventually you'll find the right one, it won't happen over night. In fact it's taken me 2-1/2 months, racing 3 nights a week, to get it comfortable.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Doug... I will have to repost the setup later, in editing, I apparently erased it!! Thanks again for the wing information

Last edited by tufferwilde; 05-09-2003 at 03:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.