Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would actually have to disagree with you on this one. I run the servo saver because I don't wish to replace a servo should something bad happen. Sponsored guys get stuff for free most of the time so if they break something it's no big deal to reach for another. At the state champs race who besides a sponsored driver could have replaced 4 oneway's at one race???
Old 04-26-2003, 04:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Not me,thats for sure.Thats why I ran the TC-3..I had parts for it.. I never could get my xxxs to "get" into the corners like I wanted it to with the stock servo saver,thats why I just run a servo horn..no damage yet,and I do hit stuff.I tore up a few servos in nitro truck with a servo saver,I just had my LHS send them back and had them repaired.Hope to see you at the "cup" race Clint,..Mike
Old 04-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

You really need to hit something real hard and at the right angle for it to mess the gears up in the servo. And if your running stock just do. Have you guys tried a high end servo ?
Old 04-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

The game- I have the top of the line Ko servo's but I still don't wish to test the gears toughness that way.

xxxkat- My car had plenty of turn in at the state champs. I had a good run at that event. Too bad I only took home 3rd. If you plan on coming up for the cup race you'll see me. I only live like 5 min. from the track The TC3 is a dying car up here. There are only three fast guys running the car and one of them only runs stock. We have a huge core of Losi cars out here and 2nd would be the Yokomo. With the release of the new car yokomo might try to make a push to be #1 in sales around here but the Losi is still the most used car at the track. Yokomo has 4 driver's in the area that should help promote the car pretty well while Losi only has Matt Francis out here which is not bad at all but he isn't here on a weekly basis should a racer need some help. That's where I have tried to step up to the plate.
Maybe one day I'll get picked up by Losi
Old 04-26-2003, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

STLNLST what track do you run at in cal ?
Old 04-26-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

I run at Ripon and Speedworld in the summer and in the winter I run carpet in Stockton.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Have you ever raced in socal ?
Old 04-26-2003, 08:30 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The game- This is STLNLST @mo's house......I haven't made it down to so cal as of yet but I do plan on it sometime in the near future. Is this your home track?
Old 04-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

STLNLST,I just run a xxxs now,I have my car working real good,at least on our "small" track.I'm understanding how the car works and I'm alot better at making the small changes now.I just needed a good starting point..thanks for that set up to get me in the ball park..I'm trying to race off road this weekend,Dammm Loyd is fast this weekend..representing Sac.I now know why I like on road way more than off road!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

No but i know all the big boys race there like bk, hodge and baker.
I race in Md on indoor carpet. how about you ?
Old 04-27-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

we have Matt Francis, Llyod Dassonville, Jason Moberly. There are other sponsored driver's at the track but no big names like in So Cal.

xxxkat- I'm glad that everything is working out for you. That set up I gave you should be a good starting point at most of the tracks you may race at. I working on something new right now and it looks to be slightly better than the last set up I gave you. I will get it to you once it's perfected.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

With the XXX-S G+ is it pretty much ready for top level racing out of the box or does it require the odd option or two?

Does it come with optional springs and sway bars?

cheers
paul
Old 04-27-2003, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

It comes with some tuning options (to change the roll centre) but you will need different springs and possibly anti-roll bars.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried putting the Novak Brushless Motor and ESC on the G+?? Does it just fit? does the motor touch the chassis and the two little screws that hold the receiver wires in place? Did you have to mount the esc in the middle or at the rear of the car?

I will probably be getting one with my next paycheck if it fits without any problems?? Thanks for any info....

Last edited by Ortiz; 04-27-2003 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ortiz
Has anyone tried putting the Novak Brushless Motor and ESC on the G+?? Does it just fit? does the motor touch the chassis and the two little screws that hold the receiver wires in place? Did you have to mount the esc in the middle or at the rear of the car?

I will probably be getting one with my next paycheck if it fits without any problems?? Thanks for any info....
Ortiz, a friend of mine has the Novak BL in his G+, fits perfect. He put his at the rear of the car, motor does not touch the 2 screws that keep the rx wires down.
He is geared 1 or 2 teeth up from his 12t double setup.
Have fun with yours!!...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.