Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 03-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

I can't use a standard servo on my xxx-s. It's the standard one converted to graphite. I have to use a high speed servo
Old 03-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

OMG I didnt know that the Tower Hobbies one was a Futaba!!!!! Ironically, i have that exact model . The only problem is the receiver antenna needs replacing, which i think i can order off of tower too!! WOW thanks for pointing that out!

Mark: Thanks for the info! I dont think ill need to upgrade to a new servo just yet.

Wow! This means i have everything i need, minus some more crystals (already have some "futaba" or tower crystals!).
I have the TowerHobbies servo also, should i stay with a hitec servo and tower hobbies receiver? Or should i stick with a tower hobbies servo and reciever? Both the servos are "standard".
Old 03-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

One more question: On any servo, the speed and torque of the servo are listed in 4.2 v and 6.0 v. What voltage should i be looking at?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Well everyone, I ran my G+ for the first time today with the bumper mod in mod(13X2/GT7 profile 1) and our track is not forgiving at all, super heavy duty industrial PVC-four inches in diameter to be exact and no flappers on the corners. I took some pretty big hits today but I didn't shear off any shock shafts, I did manage to shear off my right front body post right flush with the upper bumper brace from the bumper mod and that's not all, the screws that are threaded from beneath the front bulkhead for the bumper brace mod were bent from the impact so I beleive it probally would have been best to just have left the bumper like it is stock. A pic is below but you cannot see the bent 4-40's as I didn't see the damaged untill I took off the upper brace to replace the body post. It's still a a fast car and the new belt is definalety more efficient. Anyone notice that is brakes faster?
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-losi-bumper-mod.jpg  
Old 03-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

wow, you've just convinced me to leave my bumper as it is.... what are corner "flappers" ? sounds like a good idea for pvc tracks
Old 03-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

SERVO INFO

Originally posted by KevanB
One more question: On any servo, the speed and torque of the servo are listed in 4.2 v and 6.0 v. What voltage should i be looking at?
You look at the info relative to the voltage (4.8v or 6.0v) you are using
Old 03-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Sleek the Elite, I would leave the bumper as it is.
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-flappers.jpg  
Old 03-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by proudwinner
Well everyone, I ran my G+ for the first time today with the bumper mod in mod(13X2/GT7 profile 1) and our track is not forgiving at all, super heavy duty industrial PVC-four inches in diameter to be exact and no flappers on the corners. I took some pretty big hits today but I didn't shear off any shock shafts, I did manage to shear off my right front body post right flush with the upper bumper brace from the bumper mod and that's not all, the screws that are threaded from beneath the front bulkhead for the bumper brace mod were bent from the impact so I beleive it probally would have been best to just have left the bumper like it is stock. A pic is below but you cannot see the bent 4-40's as I didn't see the damaged untill I took off the upper brace to replace the body post. It's still a a fast car and the new belt is definalety more efficient. Anyone notice that is brakes faster?

Hmmm - Just a thought here - the body post set goes for $9 while a shock shaft goes for $7...

An any case - After the original shock shafts broke and were replaced, I haven't had any problems with breakage... They were replaced with Ti Nitride shafts as well... I haven't made any modifications to the top plate either... What I would suggest to all who are breaking shafts, and body posts would be to purchase the original Losi Lexan front brace.... noone had problems while this piece was available - so rather than to keep spending money to have one piece work.... try the other one!!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: G+ question

Originally posted by JLMG1971
Hi guys
I have a G+, which by the way is an amazing car, I have a problem though, I run on foams and when the foams get smaller in diameter normally one compensate with chassis height (and rollout of course), well I had been racing TC3s for about two years and used to use my foams up untill they were 55mm in diameter witout problems. With the XXX-s G+ my problem is that i cann't get higher that 5mm with foams about 60mm in diameter. The shock collar hit the non-threaded zone and it is impossible to get the chassis higher, It means that as soon as my foams get to 59mm in dia. I have to get new tires? That is absurd. I use the stock set-up which works pretty good to me and don't want to change it untill I get very used to the car (I only have it for two months). Any ideas on how to use smaller dia foams (let's say 57mm) with 5mm chassis height?
First I would (as someone else suggested) unthread the shock end some to regain the lost travel, but rather than using the AE clips - take a 0.100" - 0.125" internal limiter, put it on the top of the shock end and put the spring retainer clip on top of that... it will give you the needed height on the spring itself, and not look ghetto (sorry to those who have used the clips... but this is part of the reason we have Losi)

Wilde
Old 03-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

sooo by the voltage you mean to look at even MORE torque than that! Because i use 7.2 volts 6 cell pack in the car?!?!
Old 03-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

What kind of High Speed servo should i be looking into later? Its for a xxx-s graphite. I am still a noob racer i guess, so i wont need to upgrade for awhile, but i want to know what servo i should look for a deal for.

The hitec servos seem ok, and the futaba and airtronics seem great, but they cost soooo much!!! (100 bucks!!)
Old 03-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

JLMG1971,

If you're having trouble getting ride height w/ 59 mm foams you have a problem. There's a couple things. Droop, are your droop screws all the way cranked in? If so that can really limit your ride height. Set your droop before you set your ride height---always. Two, and what i think is the reason, your shocks are probably too short. Run about a 61 mm shock in front (fully extended) and about 65 mm in back. I have my car like this and i am running some of my foams at 56 mm with no problems
Old 03-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

KevanB- you get what you pay for!! Alot of guys have had problems with the hitec servos in the past. Airtronics, JR, KO, and Futaba servos are where it's at. I personnally use Futaba 9402 servos which run about $100.

When your looking for servos look at the 4.8v specs even though most speedos put out 6.0v from the bec......

I would say no less than 60in.oz torque and .14 sec. transit @ 4.8v

Also there is no such thing as too inexperienced or too novice to benefit from a high preformance servo!!! The only excuse is too cheap if you are a racer!!!!

Once you have ripped thru your 3rd standard servo or standard servo gear set you will see what I mean!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You are never to inexperienced to not have a good servo. After you buy your first kit the first things you should get are

1: Good Speedo

2: Good Servo

3: Good Bateries

Those three things will make the most difference in your cars performance than anything else.

JR Z4750 is an excellent servo around $80, have heard good things and bad things about Hitec so venture at your own risk there.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Losi TC Spring Rates

Whats up All!!
Does anyone know where online I can find the Spring Rates for Losi Touring Car Springs by color??? If anyone knows them and wouldn't mind posting it would be much appreciated.
Thanks All!!!
Kevin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.