Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Blue Servo posts & Blue motor clamp

Hi guys, can you help me find blue servo posts and a blue motor clamp??? i need a shop that is through internet....
Thanks guys...
Old 12-12-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Harris

Search for XXX-S on E-bay and you will find about 50 Blue Aluminum THings for the XXX-S.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you think that if they have the same final drive ratio, they will produce same acceleration and top speed?
senna-I have been going back and forth between my TC3 and XXXS with the same motors, rollouts, tires, speed controls, servo, RX!!! Only thing different is the chassis!! And I can tell you the lap times are very similar-but they "look" totally differnet on the track. The TC3 Looks WAY quicker, but I can stay with all the TC3 I used to stay with with my TC3. SO I am theorizing that the Losi carries a little more speed and accelerates smoother, but hits the same terminal speed. The TC# is a tad slower in the corners, but accelrates better to catch the Losi.

Also-my big buck-graphite, carbon fiber Losi is over 2 oz. heavier than my stock FTTC3!!! MY TC3 is 50oz. exactly!!!! Losi-52.3 oz.

One thing for sure right now-the same rollout in my Losi gets motor much hotter than in my TC3!!! If thats set-up or drivetrain-I am not 100% sure yet. I am going to have to put a fan in my already heavier Losi to combat that!!!

I am blabbing-but I think if I get a better set-up on car that allows me to be on throttle less in corners, but still carry the speed-maybe motor wont be as hot.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Foam tire help

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Having not ran foams before, what is the chance of tearing up a tire? I would assume the fronts would be more suseptable to chunking. Would a spare set of fronts only be advisable if you were on a budget?
Before your run the tires make sure you thoroughly coat the sidewalls of all four with CA. I use a medium viscosity so it doesn't run all over place. This is the only method that has worked for me, if I don't do it I'll chunk a tire to pieces in one qualifier. The fronts and rears are both suseptable. Maybe the fronts take a little bit more but not much. The chances increase with a tighter track and higher number of hack drivers hehe..
Old 12-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

I_GhostTown_I

Are you putting a good bevel on the edges of your tires? I rarely chunk tires and don't do anything special to them other than cutting them down and bevelling the edges. I've had this experience with electric and nitro sedans.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I_ghosttown_I-- The CA trick works great and also-be aware that your body often times cuts the tire, then it gets ripped off later. So make sure you cut body out well so it doesnt ruin all your tires!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hmmm.... we spend all this time and money dremeling, drilling, sanding, purchasing the newest lightest pieces just to put CA all over the tires and increase rotating mass

I agree with rayhuang... true the tires to at least 60mm and bevel those edges. Make sure your wheel wells are sanded and smooth with enought clearance... and you gold..

Well, unless you have hacks that tear your foam apart with there 2 ft body posts and cracked front bumpers ...
Old 12-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Keep an eye on the camber.
Too little negative camber can render the tyre vulnerable to chunking. On asphalt we usually run about 2 degrees, I'm don't know how much you'd run on carpet.

Rear tyres tend to chunk more, usually due to a combo of inadequate camber and clipping kerbs/Barriers etc. The cars tend to slide around more, hence clipping the barriers

Frewer included a set of stick on sidewall protecters with the foam tyres he was shipping, Ellegi donuts also have them.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll have to do some of my own testing with my TC3 vs my XXX-S G+. So far my TC3 has the edge over my 414M2. Perhaps this weekend I can get some test laps in with the G+.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've been racing TC's for a few years, mostly asphalt, all on foams and have only chunked one tire. It was from the body hitting it...

But I've seen other pretty fast guys chunk tires all day long... I guess it's your driving style. I would just trim the body good and see what happens for you.

Tru the tire down to 59 if your on carpet, but leave it full height outdoors on asphalt. It'll last longer and roll the corners better.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I found that the new TRC foams are around 64mm when new. I true them down to start at 62mm. If I'm going to chunk a tire it will happen when my tires are about 61mm. After I get below 61 to 57mm my foams never chunk. My car is also faster after the first week of 62mm. I loose a 1mm a week with 3 practice runs, 3 heats and the main. I then true them even and at they should be at 61mm. If I lost more than that my car is not working right. If you are chunking it is normally from flipping or smacking the walls and then flipping. Keep to a negative camber from -1 to -2 seems to be good. I normally run -1 in the front and -1.5 to -2 depending how my foams are wearing.

I run foams on indoor asphalt and in the summer I normally run outside on asphalt as well. I'm not too experianced with with rubber tires as I run them maybe once a year or so. I like foams because they are faster and for me I normally get 4 to 5 weeks from and set and they are fast from new til the end of their life. Bad thing for me is the ride height and gearing changes all the time. I use roll out so gearing is not a problem and I check the ride height often.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the great info!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the reason I frequent this site. It is so nice to be able to obtain info without being flamed. Losi racers rule.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

As for the motor mount, you can find it on ebay sold by a guy called serpentvector. Its a combo motor mount heatsink.

Anyone with setup suggestions on the PRP shock towers? What will I notice running the bottom most holes vesus the upper most holes, etc, for the camber rods, shocks, etc.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What differance does the new rear A arms & rear hubs make ?Would it make that big of a change in the car?I'm new to touring cars,not new to rc racing.And should I run the sway bars?The track I race at is a tight,smooth, med. traction track. Was not sure if I need sway bars.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cain
As for the motor mount, you can find it on ebay sold by a guy called serpentvector. Its a combo motor mount heatsink.

Anyone with setup suggestions on the PRP shock towers? What will I notice running the bottom most holes vesus the upper most holes, etc, for the camber rods, shocks, etc.
check tis website...it explains lots of stuffs
www.competitionx.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.