Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Simon, are you going to start racing mod again?? You might find the xxx-s goes quite well out of the box.... :-)
Old 09-04-2002, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Are there any pics online that show the front sway bar mounted? I'd like to check it out if you have a pic or know where they can be found. I checked losi's site but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TeamPRP
Um, duh. . . I just realized the hardware that you need is already there, on the car!

The only thing you would need to get that isn't stock would be a few 4-40 nuts... And if you need to space out your rear upper shock mounts, just add another 4-40 nut on there.

I'll let you guys know the shock tower pricing any day now.
The correct aluminum spacer would be nice so you wouldn't have to scrounge up extra 4-40 nuts hoping that they provide the correct thickness to make the shock angle right....but then again it's up to you and how you want to price the towers.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:15 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

prp - old pic, and its not a close up, but it might work.

http://www.shearracing.com/tsr6/xxxs/losi12.jpg
Old 09-04-2002, 07:25 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sigearhead: I will be running on a permanent outdoor track with smooth asphalt but the track is kind of bumpy in some areas. I believe purple rears and double purple fronts are the way to go on that track.

Thanks,
Danny
Old 09-04-2002, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TSR6
prp - old pic, and its not a close up, but it might work.

http://www.shearracing.com/tsr6/xxxs/losi12.jpg
Anything closer?

The reason I ask is because I'm doing a "floating" carbon fiber bumper brace.

I'd like to have the brace screw holes fitted with rubber grommets to allow some give in the bumper. The screws would slide into shoulder washers, and then through the grommet within the graphite bumper- the only problem is that the top of this fitting would be about 1/4" higher than the top of the plastic bulkhead cover.

At any rate, I'll have to run to the shop and pick up a sway bar set myself and we'll have to test out these designs, but I thought I'd ask first It may turn out to beperfectly fine with a direct "rigid" bolt on.

Thanks again, guys!
B
Old 09-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Update on car handling

Thanks for the input from everyone on my car setup (a couple weeks ago). I/you seemed to have solved my "lazy" turn issues...I had to tweak the setup some more as the conditions where different (much cooler...also a night race)

Raced it again on saturday (club I've been racing at races every other sat...) and it handled much better.

Here's what I ran on sat.

Front:

rideheight 4.5
1deg toe in
Camber -1.5
0deg caster
no sway bar
droop 2
2F pivot support
Arm - MDL
Diff std
Shocks #3 mnt pnt
40W with green - orange piston
camberlink #2

Rear:

toe - kit std
rideheight 5.0
camber -1.5
no swaybar
droop 1.5
pivot 0R
arm space mdl
shocks #3 top, outside mnt bottom
camberlink #1, A
40W silver springs

Other:

Takeoff CS27's all around
Car - full graphite conversion, fantom factory p2k2 stock motor (118/34 gearing)
Body - HPI Celica

Changes from last race - primarily moving to 0deg caster on front, and reducing droop settings. Car was loose at first in practice (had blue springs all around) so I changed the springing to adjust the handling.

Car was very fast and hooked up - I was 1st in the A-main until the last minute or so (popped a rear shock off - had the shocks mounted with rpm ballcups rather than the stock captured ball setup - changed it back after the race :/). Even not running the last minute or so of the race, I still finished 4th - only 1 lap off of the leader....same lap as 2-3 finishers.....and this was in the dark (overhead lights went out right before the race started. We decided to go for it with what light was left ~9pm in a parkinglot...)

Cheers,

Rich
Old 09-04-2002, 02:30 PM
RCTech Member #2

PRP - If i get a chance, ill see if i can charge up the Digicam and take a new shot for you.

I have bent my fair share of the Lexan braces, so keep me updated.

-Troy
Old 09-04-2002, 02:31 PM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

Shipping to England is only $6.00
I'm not from England!!! SCOTLAND!!!

Old 09-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

OBY, Let me be more broad, shipping anywhere in the world is $6.00

TSR6, I will probably be picking up the sway bar kit this evening to see what can be done up front for the brace.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 09-04-2002, 05:45 PM
RCTech Member #2

TSR6, I will probably be picking up the sway bar kit this evening to see what can be done up front for the brace.
Ok cool.. I needed to charge the Digicam for this weekend anyways.

Thanks for reminding me, btw.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by nzxxxs
Hey Simon, are you going to start racing mod again?? You might find the xxx-s goes quite well out of the box.... :-)
Ohhhhhhh yes, back to modified for the "New year". Just need to decide what to buy.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Man oh man, if Losi would just come out with a Worlds Edition XXX-S, I would grab one in an instant...I just like Losi, and I like the car. Of course I like my Yokomo too, but I want a change.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Danny, the setup I'm giving you is for a similar track, decent traction smooth with some bumps.

Front:
Toe: 0
Ride Height: 4.5mm
Camber: -2
Caster: 2degree
Arm spacing: std
front Diff
droop: 2mm
Pivot support 2F
Shock Tower: position #2
camber link: position #2
Piston #57
Oil 60wt
Spring Losi black

Rear:
Toe std 2degrees
Ride Height: 4.5mm
Camber 2mm
arm spacing: std
droop 4mm
Pivot Support 0R
Shock tower position #2
camber link #1 on the tower B on the hub
shock on the outside hole on the arm
piston #56
Oil 50wt
Spring Losi green

This should be a good starting point. The fron diff is used, oneways don't work well with foams, faster laps are achieved with standard diff. I would recommend Purple rears and Plaid fronts but double purples will work as well, the steering might feel a little more aggressive with the double purples as the orange ring around the plaids allow the car to turn smoother and not grip as hard. If you don't have enough off power steering place the camber link on position #3 on the tower. Also, 2 degree caster will give you a mild steering setup but if you like more steering going into and through the middle of the turn use the 4 degree blocks. If you have any questions let me know and I'll be more than happy to help. As for gearing, let me know the size of the track and I'll let you know what rollout you should be running depending on what stock motor or what wind mod motor you will be running. Later

I almost forgot: battery placement is forward.

Last edited by Sigearhead; 09-04-2002 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

hey ben, master of designs sir, try using poly carbonate about 1/8"thick. my homemade bumper is still holding strong. mine is mounted rigid, i used a couple really long screws from the bumber. along with the TMF red foam bumper, i'm a wrecking force. ahhh its all so clear now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.