Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Wot rollout are you guys running on a 27turn Core? It's for a Mega Quick track with a long straight and a few twisty bits.
Cheers
XXXS
Old 06-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
STLNLST, what roll center were you using??
Regular roll center front and rear.
Old 06-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I have just bought the "Triniti low roll center blocks" for the rear end of my car. There are very small screws included. But how schould i use them. Have these screws a function?
Old 06-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anybody know of setup for tight, bumpy and dusty track?

Another question, how do get my car to have more punch? Gear down or tighting the belt>
Old 06-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey All.

My first race with my XXX-S went well. I only broke two parts Front and rear hub carriers. Seems the newer ones held better and I put the BRP bumper on so I haven't had a problem for the rest of the races. (broke during practicing) Anyway, here are some issues I need help with:

1) When racing I was running into the problem of traction rolling. My car would do cool flips and sommersaults but I really don't want to do that the next time I am running the following for my setup:

1) Tires: Purple Compound TRC foams all around
2) Springs: Blacks up front, silvers in the rear
3) Oil: 80 weight all around
4) Car is lowered fairly well, I don't have droop screws in the rear as losi didn't include them in my kit and I am waiting for that.
5) battery position: towards the rear
6) 41 tooth pulley in the rear (I am thinking of going back to the 42 tooth if this helps get rid of the problem)

What would help remove this traction rolling. I got used to it towards the end of the race by slowing down more into the turns.

As for batteries, I am in need of unmatched stick packs that can be any MAH rating. What would be great? I am leaning towards 2400s but I have heard the 3000s give more punch. What would be a good selection. I am running the following:

1) Chameleon 2 motor
2) Novak Explorer II ESC
3) 20 tooth pinion on 88 Spur (running low I think to get the hang of it all)

Let me know, Thanks!!
Old 06-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default STLNLST

ok man,

today I bought that brp wide front bumper (again) to give it another try. 3 out of the 4 races today I broke a front carrier. Once I really hit the wall hard.....due to a nice push from another driver . I am at my wits end with these #$%* carriers on the losi. I had the brp front bumper on the whole time today and the MF bumper with the MF bumper brace. I cant figure this out, I have broken both the graphite and the stiffenzel ones at least 10 times each. Before each race now, I have to go in and spend $7.95 on these stiffenzel ones just so I can make it thru a raceday. Our track is made of 2 1/2 Schedule 40 PVC. ANYONE WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:15 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: STLNLST

Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
ANYONE WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
My suggestion is don't hit stuff. I know im being a smart-ass, but you said "ANY" suggestions.

I've broken a total of 1 spindle, 2 carriers, and one suspension arm, and ive had the car since it came out. I personally dont see durability as an issue.

I had major car-in-wall problems last saturday ( mr losi and futureal will agree.. ) and i only broke a suspension arm, when the car caught an edge of a board on the backstretch... major ouch... but its all good.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well, it was a durability issue since I bumped the corner not even at half speed. So, your analogy is wrong. From what I can tell when looking at the broken piece versus the new one I installed it looked somewhat different material. I may be wrong but it looked a little beefier too. I have been told that when you install these triangular nerf wings you save the rear hubs. So I am going to get those ASAp.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have a question for ron rossetti....

ron...i am using you setup from the losi site....it is a great setup...i have made these changes, 2deg caster blocks, and a reg rear diff.....my question is, the car seems to wash out in the middle of the corner....the rear is driving the front.....it is not bad, but i is costing me time in the slower sections of the track.....any help would be great...thanks, matt
Old 06-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: STLNLST

Originally posted by TSR6

My suggestion is don't hit stuff. I know im being a smart-ass, but you said "ANY" suggestions.

I've broken a total of 1 spindle, 2 carriers, and one suspension arm, and ive had the car since it came out. I personally dont see durability as an issue.

I had major car-in-wall problems last saturday ( mr losi and futureal will agree.. ) and i only broke a suspension arm, when the car caught an edge of a board on the backstretch... major ouch... but its all good.
Cant be better said. The parts can take a strong impact. I suggest trying to drive center-of-lane, stay off the pvc and if your car feels like it is going to take a run into the wall - learn to pitch the car so it squares the impact.

Cain - the parts are no different, materials only.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by mr. losi
i have a question for ron rossetti....

ron...i am using you setup from the losi site....it is a great setup...i have made these changes, 2deg caster blocks, and a reg rear diff.....my question is, the car seems to wash out in the middle of the corner....the rear is driving the front.....it is not bad, but i is costing me time in the slower sections of the track.....any help would be great...thanks, matt
for the rear try 4/b or 3/b
Old 06-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have had my xxxs since they were relaesed and while its not as bullet proof as some other cars, I have had minimul breakage... mostly during practice when you run with all levels of driving skill... but I never fell out of a race because of a broken part...yet. I suggest (not to be a smart a__) that you find a car that suits your driving style better, its foolish to keep running a car that cost you that much in parts and aggravation.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

PorscheSuperCup, Is the car setup well? I find when the car isn't setup that great people tend to hit more boards simply because they are trying to force the cars around the turns.

Last edited by Jared Kirkwood; 06-02-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jared I feel I have a pretty good setup on the car for my track. I have asked others here at the track and they say the car is hooked.

I realize that I shouldnt hit stuff....that comes without anyone pointing that out... but the carrier should NOT break on a brush against a pipe. I break 90% of them just brushing along side a pipe on our track during a race. Our track is ALWAYS a tight and technical track with the lanes sometimes being less than 10 ft wide. I just cant believe that this should be happening.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: STLNLST

Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
ok man,

today I bought that brp wide front bumper (again) to give it another try. 3 out of the 4 races today I broke a front carrier. Once I really hit the wall hard.....due to a nice push from another driver . I am at my wits end with these #$%* carriers on the losi. I had the brp front bumper on the whole time today and the MF bumper with the MF bumper brace. I cant figure this out, I have broken both the graphite and the stiffenzel ones at least 10 times each. Before each race now, I have to go in and spend $7.95 on these stiffenzel ones just so I can make it thru a raceday. Our track is made of 2 1/2 Schedule 40 PVC. ANYONE WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I don't know where to go from here. I race at a track with some pretty hard boards and in mod I never break the parts that you have broken. Are there other people with the Losi at your track that are having the same problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.