Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Jared.......to get a car that's a little more responsive you might want to try taking some of the kickup out of the front unless you are running a REALLY bumpy track. You should also get a little more steering by standing the front shocks up.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Foams on asphalt

Do you use traction compound on asphalt the in the same way you would on carpet? I have found that no traction compound works just as good as none. Maybe my setup is off, but it is what I have noticed. However, I did notice my tires are wearing heavily. Though, I don't know if that is because of my not using compound or not.

Also, the inside of the foams are wearing much faster than the outside. I changed my camber to 0 (front/rear) to compensate this (then trued the foam tires) and put more laps on, and they continue to wear in this manner. Should I be running with + camber? Should I just run the foams the way the are? Performance is best with 1 or so degrees of camber, with tured tires (inner, middle, outer diameters equal). I would think that maximum traction would wear the tire evenly across the wheel (its what I strive for in full scale cars).

I race on an open asphalt track which is blown free of debris, no compound added. rubber tires are not an option.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Foams on asphalt

new2xxxs

Traction compound does work on asphalt as well. It makes a big difference at the beginning of the race before your tires come up to temp. You should not have to use + camber. Try changing the upper camber link position around and see if that helps your tire wear.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Location: Time to put down the Golf clubs and poker chips and GO RACIN!
Default Garrett-

G I would have went to BB but it rained out I will be there this sunday.. I have not been able to find that part. I will take it off one of my other cars... BTW go back to the losi ...... Have you sold it yet? BTW I was joking whwn I saif $50 for it, I will pay more. do you still have it???
Old 04-23-2002, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

jared..first...put a 0f or 2f front arm mount in the car..... then try standing the front shock up to a 3 hole.....also, try moving the arm to the middle position...also i beleive if you slightly tighten the front diff, it should pull more.......i have also been told that adding spacers to the stearing arm will yeild more mid corner stering, try 2 golds washers......otherwise, i have two cars, i set one up with pauls nats setup, and one with rossettis standard....i like them both, however rons usually works better on parking lots......hope that helps....
Old 04-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Foams on asphalt

R/C Madness in Enfield has decided to allow foam tires this season on the asphalt track. Maybe this is the start of a trend?

Trips
Old 04-24-2002, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here in Columbus, OH we have been using foams on asphalt for the last 3 race seasons. Personally, I think foams are the better choice for touring cars no matter what the surface, but it would be nice if manufacturers came out with some different versions of rims. Having only two choices gets kinda boring.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

The conversion kit will take out 100 grams.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:14 PM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Oil weight

Is there an oil weight conversion chart? Are Asso, Losi, Serpent, Orion oils equal?
Old 04-24-2002, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRF414M
The conversion kit will take out 100 grams.
Hi,

Is it a measured number or estimated number ? I am thinking of getting the conversion kit, but I see a lot of places saying that the chassis only save 25grams. Which I think it is not significant.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

This is an estimated from RC World Magazine (Japan)

The Conversion kit is one of the best upgrade for XXX-S. I have two sets myself.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MIP Info

Hello all--

I've been trying to get onto the MIP website so that I can ask a question of them and I've had no luck getting connected. Is anybody else having this problem.

And since I'm doing a post, I will ask you fellow racer the question I was gong to ask MIP.

I recently purchase the MIP tweak station for my XXX-S and I find that the car barley fits on the tweak station. If I have, say the front tires set dead center on the side with the level, the rear tires our barley on the back side of the tweak station. Is this normal.

Thanx for all input sent my way

The GEEZER
Old 04-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Opps

I guess I deen to check my tsop a bit beter berofe we poost tham.
What I mean to tay was

I recently purchase the MIP tweak station for my XXX-S and I find that the car barley fits on the tweak station. If I have, say the front tires set dead center on the side with the level, the rear tires ARE barley on the back side of the tweak station. Is this normal.

and not : the rear tires OUR barley on the back---

What do you except for an OLD FART
Old 04-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MIP Info

Originally posted by Team R
Hello all--

I've been trying to get onto the MIP website so that I can ask a question of them and I've had no luck getting connected. Is anybody else having this problem.

And since I'm doing a post, I will ask you fellow racer the question I was gong to ask MIP.

I recently purchase the MIP tweak station for my XXX-S and I find that the car barley fits on the tweak station. If I have, say the front tires set dead center on the side with the level, the rear tires our barley on the back side of the tweak station. Is this normal.

Thanx for all input sent my way

The GEEZER
The station is wheelbase adjustable. The stationary end without the leveling bubble should be able to slide in and out on the silver round bar.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Opps

Originally posted by Team R
I guess I deen to check my tsop a bit beter berofe we poost tham.
What I mean to tay was

I recently purchase the MIP tweak station for my XXX-S and I find that the car barley fits on the tweak station. If I have, say the front tires set dead center on the side with the level, the rear tires ARE barley on the back side of the tweak station. Is this normal.

and not : the rear tires OUR barley on the back---

What do you except for an OLD FART
Unless MIP redesigned their station the car should fit just fine on there with room to spare. Do you have pics of yours that you can post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.