Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Khador12 - The front shock tower has an additional position on the outside to stand up the front shocks a little further but I removed two positions from the very inside. The rear shock tower is about the same on the positions but the body mounts are further out so you can run the body posts on the back side and not end up going through the wing mounts on the body. This way there's a little more safety for body tucks but also I think it improves the downforce/responce from the car a little.
With the body posts being spread farther apart is an additional post needed around the winsheild for support? If one was to do this how would it effect the flex of the top plate?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

The front body post positions are still the same as the Photon, it's the rear body post position which is farther apart so no additional support is needed for the windshield.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cpatel - I haven't talked to Shawn or Jeff in a bit. Thanks and yes I have been working!!..lol..

Ryo - Thanks! Actually, I've been doing further work on the Evo from the origional images that were sent out. There will actually be 4 positions for the bell crank (I will explain them later and you will see why). As far as the carbon - no - We will use something different.

Basically, isotropic is commonly refered to a "quasi" or "standard grade" graphite. This is where the panels have the core layers in 0, 45, 90, 135 angles so the panel is stiff in all directions. "Bi-directional" or "component grade" is where the layers are 0, 90 without the 45 and 135 degree lays to stiffen the panel in twist. The origional Photon foam kits were quasi and the rubber ones were bi.

The Evolution chassis, front plate and rear plate are all bi-directional 2.5mm but the graphite is a totally different graphite. Even though it is bi-directional it's sort of in between the quasi and bi from the other mfg that most of the r/c companies use. I've been testing the quasi version on our 1/10 oval cars and it's really stiff and looks awesome. Really, after looking at this stuff for a while I can't stand to look at the older style graphite - To me, it's just ugly...lol..

Today, I cut up some first production run parts and put together the first Evolution. I have to wait for Angel to get home (out running around with the girls) but when she does I'll fire off some pictures of the production parts. Tommorow, I'm going to finish buiding a few of the cars I cut for myself an then take more pics. It's really nice to see all this coming together so nicely....

Back to work - Pics soon!!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I noticed that you have a rear belt in the upgrade kit, what about the front belt?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Get back to work Josh! Who said that you could take a break? We are waiting for you to ship out the Evo when it is ready (even though its a little under a month away). haha. Your work is pretty awesome.

BTW, I used to live in Plymouth, MI when I was in high school (almost a decade ago). My younger brother worked at Rider's Hobby in Canton with Shawn and Jeff. Still keep in touch with those guys?

Chi
Any chance he drove a 300zx and you had a 3000gt VR4? I recognize the name. I worked in Livonia and Canton back in the day.

BTW, design looks great Josh. Cant wait to see the conversion on all of the Photons here.

Tim
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh:

Hi,

Thanks for bringing te Evo's by MSI today. I myself can't wait to get one under my Photon. everything looked awesome. Graphite, bulkheads everything. you really did your homework on this chassis. I can't wait to see what else you have coming up for CEFX!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Tim
Old 04-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

C'mon Josh, quit holding back on the pics...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank You Very much Josh for your reply.. Now PICSSSS!!!

Ryo - Thanks! Actually, I've been doing further work on the Evo from the origional images that were sent out. There will actually be 4 positions for the bell crank (I will explain them later and you will see why). As far as the carbon - no - We will use something different.

Basically, isotropic is commonly refered to a "quasi" or "standard grade" graphite. This is where the panels have the core layers in 0, 45, 90, 135 angles so the panel is stiff in all directions. "Bi-directional" or "component grade" is where the layers are 0, 90 without the 45 and 135 degree lays to stiffen the panel in twist. The origional Photon foam kits were quasi and the rubber ones were bi.

The Evolution chassis, front plate and rear plate are all bi-directional 2.5mm but the graphite is a totally different graphite. Even though it is bi-directional it's sort of in between the quasi and bi from the other mfg that most of the r/c companies use. I've been testing the quasi version on our 1/10 oval cars and it's really stiff and looks awesome. Really, after looking at this stuff for a while I can't stand to look at the older style graphite - To me, it's just ugly...lol..

Today, I cut up some first production run parts and put together the first Evolution. I have to wait for Angel to get home (out running around with the girls) but when she does I'll fire off some pictures of the production parts. Tommorow, I'm going to finish buiding a few of the cars I cut for myself an then take more pics. It's really nice to see all this coming together so nicely....

Back to work - Pics soon!! [/QUOTE]
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Sorry for me delays. We've just been slammed with a decient size Shepherd order that arrived. We had to check it in and box a lot of it back up to head out the door. Nitro season is definatly starting to pick up!!

Ok, here are pics!!!

I built up two cars mainly because of the requests we've had - The majority of the requests have been to make a Tamiya version of the Evolution. Basically, with a few TOP parts you can hang Tamiya suspension and shocks on the Evolution. I had an old 415 here on the shelf so I decided to throw it together - of course most of the parts were missing or stolen (like the front tie-rods..lol) from guys back at CEFX Raceway so it was a bit of a struggle to get it all together but here it is!!

We already have plans for several more items that are going into production as soon as this first batch of cars are finished. Hopefully, we'll have more of that in time for the Reedy Race!!

Back to work!!
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-1.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-2.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-3.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-4.jpg  

Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

More...
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-5.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-6.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-7.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-8.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-9.jpg  

Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

and more.....
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-10.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo1-11.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-1.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-2.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-3.jpg  

Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

and more and more and more....
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-4.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-5.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-6.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-7.jpg   CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-8.jpg  

Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Looks awesome....Both cars!

EA
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

last one...

As you can see, we are using a different type graphite with a 1k weave instead of the 3k that is normally used. I actually cut two different sets of parts to test out of this graphite and I think the production graphite is really about perfect on the flex. The other material I cut is really stiff (boarder line foam car). You can also add/remove standoffs (4) up the center to stiffen the flex as well as remove the rear screws in the motor or mount plate. All these things make it really easy to tune the stiffness of the car.

CEFX Evolution includes:

Chassis
Front Top Plate
Rear Top Plate
Motor Guard
Bulkheads (4)
Motor Plate
Mount Plate
Top Plate Mount
Steering Post
Pulley Post
Pulley Post Mount
Rear Belt
Standoffs (8)
+ Hardware that you would need additional from a Photon

We are also making:

Front Shock Tower
Rear Shock Tower
Camber Link Plates
Foam Front Bumper
Foam Car Stand
Lipo Locators (for packs without bumps)

Other drawings are being worked on for more production parts now. As we finalize those and get them into production we will release more news on them.

Back to work!!
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-evo2-9.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Stamper
Any chance he drove a 300zx and you had a 3000gt VR4? I recognize the name. I worked in Livonia and Canton back in the day.

BTW, design looks great Josh. Cant wait to see the conversion on all of the Photons here.

Tim
Tim - Small world! Yes, he did drive the Z and I did have the VR4. Wow that feels like it was ages ago...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.