Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i just raced mine this past weekend at West Coast RC. i did manage to break a steering knuckle and castor block when i clipped the sweeper island and slid into the retaining 2x8 wood wall. the alum. cvd is fine.

i also had a few mishaps of hitting the same retaining wall square with the side of my car. no broken parts, alum. cvd is fine.
Since the TCX uses the same knuckles as the normal cyclone. The weak point of the car in crashes will be the knuckles and c hubs. Other wise the car is flawless
Old 10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Since the TCX uses the same knuckles as the normal cyclone. The weak point of the car in crashes will be the knuckles and c hubs. Other wise the car is flawless
nah.. weak point was the nut behind the wheel.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 PM

Talking

kinky! page 69
Old 10-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Exclamation rs4 rally upgrades

i know this will be a little off topic but this forum is pretty active so im gunna ask-

hey anyone know where i can find upgrades for my rs4 rally?
im mainly interested in the heat sinc motor mount and woven graphite chassis parts
Old 10-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Seriously man, use the forum search bar....

If there's nothing there then start up a new thread, but please try to stop spamming the TCX thread up even more.

Luke
Old 10-08-2010, 06:18 AM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
nah.. weak point was the nut behind the wheel.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

All kidding aside. I have been been going to my local track once a week to work on understanding what the car is doing and making the proper adjustments. A side effect is that my driving is improving. I might still tap the boards once in a while, but it is more my BAD driving and not setup.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Yea, you better get some spares:
#73507 - CARBON GRAPHITE BLOCK AND HUB SET
idbdoug
Old 10-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Seriously man, use the forum search bar....

If there's nothing there then start up a new thread, but please try to stop spamming the TCX thread up even more.

Luke
This is what's wrong with these forum formats. 1) there doesn't seem to be any moderation in that there's a lot of "senseless drivel" (admittedly, like mine at this point). 2) why don't they just start a complete section for specific cars so that the forum threads would actually be specific to a question. This way, you don't have to read through thousands of completely worthless posts (check out Tamiya 416) to get to that "one sensible post" that applies to your question. This issue seriously degrades the quality of the threads and forums in my opinion. But hey, it's better to have one than none!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
am
Tech Master

ok, looking into getting a TCX but evry were i look there seems to be difficult getting spareparts. Suspension arms, castor blocks steering knuckles and so on i out of tock evrywere. I need it shipped to europe, even A-main and stormer is out...

Has HPI/HB a parts problem at the moment?..
Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
ok, looking into getting a TCX but evry were i look there seems to be difficult getting spareparts. Suspension arms, castor blocks steering knuckles and so on i out of tock evrywere. I need it shipped to europe, even A-main and stormer is out...

They seem to have a parts problem in general. I tried for months to get a few parts through my LHS for a sprint 2 and they never were able to get them. I bought a Photon shortly after and gave up trying to fix the sprint 2. Now it sits on a shelf. It was just a basher that handled poorly anyway, but it's pretty bad when you can't get parts for a car that is still in production.

I really like the look of the TCX and if I could spare the cash, I'd seriously consider buying one, but it seems like you might need to buy 2, just to have a set of spares handy.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default hpi/hb parts

Originally Posted by am

I used the xray t2 steering blocks and had much success with them on my Cyclone. More durable and same ackerman in the 1st hole. The HB blocks were spliting right at the molding mark with a light board tap or graze if I cut a corner too sharp or rubbed an opponents car.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Exclamation stock-market crash!!!

hey!!!!! whos seen that massive stock market glitch??? im ausie... and the asu doller just reached 1 us doller!! the conversion programs shat-themselves and listed a shitload of thing online a AUD$0.00!!!!!!! tamiya-shop.com was heavily effected! shitloads of hpi hop-up part are sold out at AUD$0.00!!!! i wish i noticed last night at 2am anyways, yyyyyewwwwwwww!!!!!!!! get onto the web shops if ur ausie and try to find something thats not sold out!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default SPAM

Dude seriously! Go start your own thread about whatever you want to talk about other than HERE. This is the TCX thread and Im sick of seeing s... that you write that is of no value to the TCX thread. Please p... off

Last edited by ark; 10-08-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: got mad my apologies
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Easy Ark...

I am also needing the front hubs. Had been gluing my cracked pair for a week and finally broke the last one tonight, broke the first hub last week in the Main. I had a single spare so it is on the car now but will replace left/right with XRAY hubs till the HB hubs arrive.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

HB just does not support their cars with enough parts. Too bad, Photon was my latest choice as a result. Great car--good manufacturing support--easy to get parts.
FWIW
T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.