Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockyMania
Hi Korey/Hiro,

Any idea why did Hara and the rest of HB team used 1.0mm shim under the front suspension blocks rather than the usual 1.5mm during the IIC? what effect does it have by switching 1.5mm to 1.0mm? cheers!
Smooths out the car on entry a bit. I've found sometimes it can give a little more mid-exit steering as well.

-Korey
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by transplantlife
korey~

you got a carpet set up yet? Thanx
My setup is pretty similar to the guys at the IIC actually. I run 1.5mm under the suspension blocks with 2.5 deg of arm sweep, and a 1.2mm swaybar in the rear. Other than that... check out the IIC setups. They are all decent starting points.

-Korey
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
My setup is pretty similar to the guys at the IIC actually. I run 1.5mm under the suspension blocks with 2.5 deg of arm sweep, and a 1.2mm swaybar in the rear. Other than that... check out the IIC setups. They are all decent starting points.

-Korey
OK...THANX
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DezSlash
You would say that Brett. Are you gonna be able to make it down to RC Riot?
BTW Its Antonio lol.
yes .ill.b makeing the trip all winter. the tc5 ull have a lot of support there if u no what i mean. but the tcx is a much better machine imo and ull have some support with it as well .It's pretty much its up to u on that choice. Also the xways t3 has a lot of support there as well. Sean runs that car. Ill be there with my tcx on friday night. come check it out.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockyMania
Hi Korey/Hiro,

Any idea why did Hara and the rest of HB team used 1.0mm shim under the front suspension blocks rather than the usual 1.5mm during the IIC? what effect does it have by switching 1.5mm to 1.0mm? cheers!
We lowered the front suspension block by 0.5mm because we wanted to have more roll in the front. It also reduced some tire pressure to the track surface so eventually less tire heat too. As a result It didn't make any push in the end of the race.

Thanks,
Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

any one switched from a xray t3 to the tcx and gone faster thinking bout getting a new car just wanted to no if its going to b better then the t3?

thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bret Pousson
yes .ill.b makeing the trip all winter. the tc5 ull have a lot of support there if u no what i mean. but the tcx is a much better machine imo and ull have some support with it as well .It's pretty much its up to u on that choice. Also the xways t3 has a lot of support there as well. Sean runs that car. Ill be there with my tcx on friday night. come check it out.
Yea I hear u about the as and X-ray. But having Steve-o and you will help as well. Now just have to see what classes they have that I can start in.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DezSlash
Yea I hear u about the as and X-ray. But having Steve-o and you will help as well. Now just have to see what classes they have that I can start in.
i think that they will be running 13.5 pro 13.5 spec and 17.5 open esc. The 13.5 spec would be a good class to start for your first time with on road.The 13.5 pro will be open tire and esc. last year i ran 10.5 and 13.5 with the same car with the tekin and an 13.5.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aITqizWYxfU
Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Figured I would let you guys know...

Xray spurs are a decent alternative to the HB/Xenon V2 gears. They have large holes in them for motor screw access, since the xray suffers from a similar problem. RW "xray specific" gears that fit great on our car, as does xray. RW just makes them in the smaller sizes you guys might want for 17.5 no timing racing.

Hope that helps a little bit!

-Korey
Old 09-24-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hara's IIC TCX rear body posts

Where can you get those purple body post additions that are shaped like the letter L and slide over the body posts? They are pictured on Hara's car in HPI Europe press release regarding his recent wins at the 2010 IIC. They have the word "Ride" etched on them. They would seem like they are for leverage for when the rear spoiler exerts downforce on the trunk lid of the car preventing the body from just bending and not applying downforce.

See images at hpi eurpoe "news"

Additionally, what is the purpose of the plastic body posts pointing off the back of the rear shock tower. Some kind of impact protection?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1999zr2
Additionally, what is the purpose of the plastic body posts pointing off the back of the rear shock tower. Some kind of impact protection?
Yes.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default gear diff for the tcx

I am looking to get back into TC and have had a pro 4 and a Cyclone in the past. The TCX looks great and I am wondering if they make a gear diff or has someone had any luck installing a gear diff.

I heard alot of buzz about gear vs ball diffs and many top drivers are switching to gears in the rear. how good is the stock rear diff?

Any dislike acros the board?
Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1999zr2
Where can you get those purple body post additions that are shaped like the letter L and slide over the body posts? They are pictured on Hara's car in HPI Europe press release regarding his recent wins at the 2010 IIC. They have the word "Ride" etched on them. They would seem like they are for leverage for when the rear spoiler exerts downforce on the trunk lid of the car preventing the body from just bending and not applying downforce.

See images at hpi eurpoe "news"

Thanks
I have Ride, but recently 3Racing also products something similar...

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=3964
Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

yeah racing makes a set as well...

got mine from rcmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.