Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wow, 1 pack out of a drive shaft is not cool. I'd really like to try the TCX but, it's scary with so many fragile parts and very little inventory everywhere it seems.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Guys do the mod i am about to do and you shouldnt have any problems with front driveshafts. I will be using Yokomo BD5 spool outdrives which are a direct fit onto the std spool with a litlle bit of sanding to get the pin hole to line up. Then use Tamiya/top/yokomo driveshafts. Should work sweet with no issues. Ill post pics when ive done it

Guys thinking of getting this car but are worried about driveshafts or weakness whatever, dont let it put you off, its a really good car and parts are now becoming available again at most shops. ALL of the touring cars on the market have a weak spot were they are designed to break in a crash Theres one solution... Dont

Cheers,

Antoni
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Guys do the mod i am about to do and you shouldnt have any problems with front driveshafts. I will be using Yokomo BD5 spool outdrives which are a direct fit onto the std spool with a litlle bit of sanding to get the pin hole to line up. Then use Tamiya/top/yokomo driveshafts. Should work sweet with no issues. Ill post pics when ive done it

Guys thinking of getting this car but are worried about driveshafts or weakness whatever, dont let it put you off, its a really good car and parts are now becoming available again at most shops. ALL of the touring cars on the market have a weak spot were they are designed to break in a crash Theres one solution... Dont

Cheers,

Antoni
You beat me to it Antoni. I should have my spool cups by friday i hope ( with your sway bar mounts). Yoke CVDs are in my car now. I am going to go Yoke CVDs front and rear.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz
You beat me to it Antoni. I should have my spool cups by friday i hope ( with your sway bar mounts). Yoke CVDs are in my car now. I am going to go Yoke CVDs front and rear.
Sweet thanks Dan. I have already sanded down some outdrives so ill do a test fit now. The internal diameter is a perfect fit onto the HB spool were as Tamiya spool outdrives need to be drilled out. And the Tamiya ones are a much weaker material and wear/snap way quicker.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Sweet thanks Dan. I have already sanded down some outdrives so ill do a test fit now. The internal diameter is a perfect fit onto the HB spool were as Tamiya spool outdrives need to be drilled out. And the Tamiya ones are a much weaker material and wear/snap way quicker.
Yeah i tried them last night and thought i would wait for the new ones before i started to sand.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Aaaand Presto

I went a lil too far when sanding the inside hence the small gap, but its all good The Yokomo outdrives require less shimming that the Tamiya ones also which is always a plus These outdrives would be similar in material to the POM Hotbodies ones.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hey Yokomo ANT 3

Where did you get those purple hex screws from, they look smart
Old 01-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Where did you get those purple hex screws from, they look smart
The purple screws are made by Square from RCMushroom
Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Tech Rookie

The turnbuckles look a funy color
Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

I'm not entirely clear on what the benefit is of using the Yokomo outdrives.

Is it just that the Yokomo outdrives are longer, and you can us the 44mm HB drive shafts, or is the intention to completely remove the HB outdrives, drive shafts, and axles, and replace them with Yokomo parts?

I too have had problems with drive shafts breaking and bending, so I'm looking for a solution. I've ordered a bunch of replacement drive shafts, but I'm looking for a better solution.

Other than avoiding running into things, that is
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
I'm not entirely clear on what the benefit is of using the Yokomo outdrives.

Is it just that the Yokomo outdrives are longer, and you can us the 44mm HB drive shafts, or is the intention to completely remove the HB outdrives, drive shafts, and axles, and replace them with Yokomo parts?

I too have had problems with drive shafts breaking and bending, so I'm looking for a solution. I've ordered a bunch of replacement drive shafts, but I'm looking for a better solution.

Other than avoiding running into things, that is
The diameter of the pin on the Hotbodies driveshafts are much bigger, so u cant use other driveshafts with the std spool cups unless u dremel them out and use a blade. And obviously the same reason vice versa so you need to change both items if you want to use a steel driveshaft of another company. The bones all fit the Hotbodies Axles. Those are the only parts you need to change and some shimming is required for the spool.

Hope that helps

Antoni
Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by starman
The turnbuckles look a funy color
Those are the Titanium Turnbuckles and because of the material they cant match the colour perfectly
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

The diameter of the pin on the Hotbodies driveshafts are much bigger, so u cant use other driveshafts with the std spool cups unless u dremel them out and use a blade. And obviously the same reason vice versa so you need to change both items if you want to use a steel driveshaft of another company. The bones all fit the Hotbodies Axles. Those are the only parts you need to change and some shimming is required for the spool.

Hope that helps

Antoni
Yup, sure does.

Which Yokomo drive shafts did you use? I see that there's a 44mm and a 45.5mm version. And, you're using these outdrives, correct?

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=17327
Old 01-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Yup, sure does.

Which Yokomo drive shafts did you use? I see that there's a 44mm and a 45.5mm version. And, you're using these outdrives, correct?

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=17327
Those are the ones. You just need to sand the bottom lip off a bit for the hole to line up. Im using Tamiya 46mm but 45.5mm are the Yokomo ones to get if you get Yokomo driveshafts.

Cheers,

Antoni
Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Hello Everyone,
I just got a few questions that i cant find any answer ...
I went racing today ( not a race day, just went to the track for practice ), the track was very litle wet ( humid ), there were a few leaves on the track, and it was 4° celsius outside .
When I was going slowly, the car would handle well, but most of the time, when i would accelerate mid-exit of corner, the back end would slide out
When i would go 80% throtle and 20% steering, it was ok, but as soon as i was steering a litle too much, the back would go lose .
Is it a setup problem, traction problem or driving problem ? Could i higher front droop for more weight transfer at the back, or streignten the rear shocks ?
Thank you for any help
PS : Im runing 13.5 BL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.