Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Opens up fine on my PC.. just upgrade your acrobat reader.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

What drives me nuts is that this car never gets any props in and mags...I see the pro4, TC4...This car is way better than any of those...
Old 01-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Car is huge in Japan though where 23t is popular. R/C World magazine from Japan has done some articles on the car. You can tell a lot from the pics and setup sheets but it really helps to be able to read Japanese
Old 01-25-2006, 11:52 PM

Can anyone help me figure out what pinion to use? I'm planning to run my EVO IV with 19t motor at the Tamiya track and I was told to start with 32-33mm rollout if using 96t spur gear. I have no clue in calculating for pinion with rollout and spur.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scuad X
Can anyone help me figure out what pinion to use? I'm planning to run my EVO IV with 19t motor at the Tamiya track and I was told to start with 32-33mm rollout if using 96t spur gear. I have no clue in calculating for pinion with rollout and spur.
Go to gearchart.com This site has everything you need for gearing.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Terrell, here is that setup. Just do the changes I suggested and go from there...

Foam tire/Carpet Setup for Stock...

Don't forget, the Rebound stroke is Droop that I measure with droop gauge. Front is measure from the bottom of grub screw hole on caster block. In the rear it's the bottom of the aluminum 0degree hub.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution IV-evo4-jmac-carpet1.jpg  
Old 02-02-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys i just sold my 415 and bought a 2nd hand tb evo 4ms. It came in the mail a week or so ago and it was brand new it didnt have a scratch on it. i picked it up for $277aud and am using a tamiya tz 23t and all i can say is that this chassis and motor combo turns the car into an animal . just 1 question to ask. what do i need to do or buy so i can use my old shells that i used on my 415 so i can use them on the evo?

Cheers,
Pat
Old 02-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by *sil80*
hey guys i just sold my 415 and bought a 2nd hand tb evo 4ms. It came in the mail a week or so ago and it was brand new it didnt have a scratch on it. i picked it up for $277aud and am using a tamiya tz 23t and all i can say is that this chassis and motor combo turns the car into an animal . just 1 question to ask. what do i need to do or buy so i can use my old shells that i used on my 415 so i can use them on the evo?

Cheers,
Pat
I have quite a few of Hop-ups for evo4 and parts as well, send me a email if you are interested i can give you the list.
[email protected]
Old 02-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *sil80*

Cheers,
Pat
All my EvoIV shells and 415R2 shells/bodies fit each other. What I did was used the 415 rear body mounts. Upfront you have to modify the EvoIV front bumper. If you notice on the EvoIV bumper, your body mounts mount onto the upper bumber brace. Get rid of this and grind down the stubs up front on the bumper. Then drill holes where the stubs used to be so that you can mount up your body posts directly to the bumper just like on a 415. Simple and easy....
Old 02-06-2006, 01:01 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

hi there, ive just made a jump from a TC3 to a evo 4ms fully hopped up i haven't got it yet but its paid for how easy is the car to set up im running rubbers on carpet and i could do with a few pointers as where to start also will associated springs work on the shocks or will i need to buy new tamiya ones cheers
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hi again Adam,
I'm not following you around but , the best springs for tamiya shocks are tamiya springs If you shoot me a mail I will give you a list of all places you can get them shipped in for next to nothing.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

stalker (sean guy)
just what i`ve just picked up EVOiv

just fiddling with it
spring chart would help (anyone) ???
Old 02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

How you doing Colin,
Get back on your own link
Hope you and yours are well. I thought you were looking at the 415msx. As for spring charts , I will look out for one , if I can remember where I saw it.
I say its best to use tamiya spring as they are a much better fit around the collar and cheaper. I will be truthefull and say I dont feel there is a great deal of difference between the set of 4 which come on the card with "soft" "medium" "medium hard" and "hard" on the legs the springs are packaged on.
I have used other springs on the shocks but find to alter them drastically then just change the oil.
Where you racing yours Colin (carpet or tarmac)
Old 02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

is there racing down in cow land on feb 12th

i`m just borrowing other peeps cars (cheaper this way) then give them back when i`m fedup with it
carpet slicks

also got a surikin version coming aswell £120.00
waht is on this one compared to the other s?? apart from being red anodised instead of boring blue
Old 02-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
is there racing down in cow land on feb 12th

i`m just borrowing other peeps cars (cheaper this way) then give them back when i`m fedup with it
carpet slicks

also got a surikin version coming aswell £120.00
waht is on this one compared to the other s?? apart from being red anodised instead of boring blue
the surikarn edition is the evo3,it has the old type suspension,solid prop shaft and bevel gears that like to chew up.
also spares in red version are bad.
this car is quite old now and the evo4 and evo4ms is an updated version with LWT suspension and 3 piece prop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.