Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ljohnson
For those of you wondering, the setup changes between the MS and not MS version:

Std blocks are A,A in front A,E in the rear with the plastic uprights (3 degrees toe)
The MS version is built with 1A,1A in front and 1XB,1D in the rear, but with 1mm spacers under all of the blocks. This is equivalent to A,A and XB*,D, so I don't really see why they didn't use the evo blocks, unless it's to give us the option to lower the blocks. Have any of you tried this ?

The rear toe is the same 3 degrees but the MS is narrower in the rear.
In the stock settings the roll centers are the same - same hinge pin height and camber link height.

The rear sway bar is different - narrower in the MS and it mounts on the balls on the out side front of the arm rather than the inside. Is this how the 415 is?

*XB doesn't exist as far as I know

"X" series blocks only appears for the 415/415MS series cars. Kilruf mentioned above it is 1mm lower in roll center. and also allows you to narrow the stance a little bit.

here are the blocks from narrowest to widest from the 415/evoIV

1XD
1XC
1XB
1XA
1X | X
1A | A
1B | B
1C | C
1D |D
-- | E

so it looks like they duplicated the evoIV set up on the evoIV MS BUT the narrowed the width of the car in the rear.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

any ideas on a battery brace? or just conyinue with the tape?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by todb
any ideas on a battery brace? or just conyinue with the tape?
Your chassis has been modified so that you can use the long '04 xray battery brace if you need to.

I preferred tape, that's why I took it off.

yes, it came with the lightweight suspension out of the box.

Tim
Old 09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Hi
To all that have that have kindly purchased Cool-Can-Fan's for their cars. We now have a NEW L K website
Cheers Malc (The-Cool-Can-Fan-Man)
www.coolcanfan.com
Old 09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

thanks tim. just looking for what extra parts i shouldget for it. i need to get that rear swaybar mount and links, some diff parts, and springs for it. also the suspension mounts. it drives good though thanks to you. did not change a thing yet.

todb
Old 09-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good carpet setup for stock/foam?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

thanks tim. just looking for what extra parts i shouldget for it. i need to get that rear swaybar mount and links, some diff parts, and springs for it. also the suspension mounts. it drives good though thanks to you. did not change a thing yet.

todb
Check the spare parts box for the swaybar mounts. I swear that I had a full set in there. They were the clear blue ones. The links should have been mounted on the red rear swaybar. If you can't find the parts, I will look in my box.

The only thing I had issues with was front diff halves. I could only get the cheap plastic ones around here.

Good to hear that it is working for you. I miss the car, but it went to a good home.

Tim
Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

the clear blue swaybar mount is the only part not there. and the red bar only only has the blue anodized stops on it. the ball ends that go on the swaybars and one linkage between the swaybar and arm is missing. not that big a deal really as i was going to buy them anyway. i can understand missing that car though and i am thankful that i was able to get it at all. the rp30 work good on carpet just so you know. all i did was paint a new body, solder in the brushes on the motor you sent, add elecs and drive it. those look like asc springs on the car, true? any ideas onmaking the gear mesh quieter, lube type maybe. it is so different from a belt car is all. once again thanks

todb
Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tim S.

Hi,

I thought you did too. at least you did when I saw the car. (drool, drool) Todb. I'm jealous Tim S. brought the car over to show me and I about went nuts. what a sweet ride. in fact you bought the car while it was at my house!!!!!!
hope you like it.
it was Tim's baby
Old 09-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

every time i look at the car i cant believe that i have it. i always wanted a kai car and at this price i could not say no.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

the clear blue swaybar mount is the only part not there. and the red bar only only has the blue anodized stops on it. the ball ends that go on the swaybars and one linkage between the swaybar and arm is missing. not that big a deal really as i was going to buy them anyway. i can understand missing that car though and i am thankful that i was able to get it at all. the rp30 work good on carpet just so you know. all i did was paint a new body, solder in the brushes on the motor you sent, add elecs and drive it. those look like asc springs on the car, true? any ideas onmaking the gear mesh quieter, lube type maybe. it is so different from a belt car is all. once again thanks

todb
The only way I was able to make the car quieter was to run a RW spur gear. Kinda soft though.

Yup, asc springs. That's what I seem to run on all my TC's. I know the rates by heart.

Tim
Old 09-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

I too use Associated springs for this car and they work great. I have never had gear mesh noise and my car is completely silent. I use RW/Yokomo spurs and coat/dry the bevels in White Lightning.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the tip on the white lightening. i used it on my mtn bike chain for years. i got third in expert stock with the car first time out. too easy to drive the car fast. easy to put it where i wanted it on the track. 2 little errors cost me.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Front Sus Blocks

What does running Sus. Block A on front side & Block X on back side of the front suspension do vs. A/A?

Any carpet setups for foam?
Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Just ordered the MS!!!! I can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.