Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default MS Kit

looks like the only thing I'll be missing is the aluminum center brace. I wonder if it hits the battery bars like my Xenon's do?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There are other differences still:

5mm hex adapters
Lower portion of the bulkheads are one-piece
Also, the stainless steel shafts instead of screw pins for the uprights.

but yeh, not worth buying a new kit. I'll just get the bits seperately because no doubt they will release it seperately.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

i already have the 6 mm hex adapters, so one less thing to buy!! i'd like to see the gearboxes, but at $100, i'm not sure if they will be worth it. i like the screw pins, but i do think the stainless pins will be mighty helpful.

it does stink that it doesn't come with titanium hardware though. they went backwards with the aluminum screws, etc. good for bling though! like my buddy says, he has the best drifter out there! (his evo iv)
Old 02-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm selling my evo4 NIB kit only for 310$ any takers...let me know..
Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dang 310? i got mine for 276...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default EVO IV SOFT FRONT END

Has any one had a problem with the evo IV rear end being very stiff and the front end being soft, no matter what springs you run. Iam racing indoors on carpet with foam tyres at the moment, if any one has a good setup for 27t stocks in doors I would be glad for the help. Cheers
Old 02-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We have a pre-order setup for the EVO IV MS. The price is our best estimate right now (and it should be lower when the kit actually arrives here in the US) Click here to go straight to the car kit for pre-order

Steve Wang
Old 02-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: EVO IV SOFT FRONT END

Originally posted by Devon Racer
Has any one had a problem with the evo IV rear end being very stiff and the front end being soft, no matter what springs you run. Iam racing indoors on carpet with foam tyres at the moment, if any one has a good setup for 27t stocks in doors I would be glad for the help. Cheers
i had the soft front end problem with the kit springs but ever since i changed to asociated dark blue springs and screwing the top spinning thing down im able to achieve a more stiffer front end.

GUYS!!!
im keen on a evo 3 just for a fun car and was wondering if the parts are shared with tb-02 or the evo 4's? in terms of bearings and maybe the arms and hubs from the tb-02 can anyone of you true tamiya fans confirm this?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: EVO IV SOFT FRONT END

Originally posted by BrainTeased
i had the soft front end problem with the kit springs but ever since i changed to asociated dark blue springs and screwing the top spinning thing down im able to achieve a more stiffer front end.

GUYS!!!
im keen on a evo 3 just for a fun car and was wondering if the parts are shared with tb-02 or the evo 4's? in terms of bearings and maybe the arms and hubs from the tb-02 can anyone of you true tamiya fans confirm this?
most of the car is shared with a tb02, they are so somilar it's not funny
Old 02-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: EVO IV SOFT FRONT END

Originally posted by BrainTeased

GUYS!!!
Everything from the suspenion on the evo3 is the same for the tb02... from bearings to gearbox to shock towers and so on... the tb02 basically is a downgrade version of the evo3, thats all... as far as using evo4 parts, the only thing that can be used is prolly the suspension... if you plan to use it you might have to tweak the wheel base for a proper set up but im positive it will work...

ted
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks guys!!! ill get the evo 3 then since tb-02 will be around for a very long while and im sure most LHS will carry the tb-02 spares
Old 02-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone give me tips on how to CA glue the chasis? I tried using Super Glue (thick gel) - cyanoacrylate BUT I couldn't get it to be very smooth and also after it dried it had those annoying white marks from the fumes....am I suppose to use a special kind of glue? Also should I prepare the shock and upper deck edges as well?

Gary
Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by loosenut
Can someone give me tips on how to CA glue the chasis? I tried using Super Glue (thick gel) - cyanoacrylate BUT I couldn't get it to be very smooth and also after it dried it had those annoying white marks from the fumes....am I suppose to use a special kind of glue? Also should I prepare the shock and upper deck edges as well?

Gary
Use Q-tips to apply the CA. It's the fastest and easiest way.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Was there any Evo iv at snowbirds? How did they do?
Old 02-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by alien too
Was there any Evo iv at snowbirds? How did they do?
EJ Evans was at snowbirds. but im not sure if he was running the evoIV... might have been the old 415. not sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.