Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeh, I managed to find a pretty good setup for myself and I have passed that on to coolio. It worked for me at any track I've used it at and coolio seems to be happy with the pace that it has. If anyone has got any setups available, email me them at ckaabar(at)netspace.net.au

Thanks guys!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

yep, i liked the set-up of f. alonso. twas good for mod...havent tried running it yet in stock but will have a race next week. probably will have to use the same set-up. i used a c instead of the stock e for the rear camber. were being hit by a hurrican here in the Philippines!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
You running a GT3 type class with those Mabuchi type motors. I know our track is setting up what they will call a house class. Any car with stock Mabuchi motors and Tamiya type A rubber tires. Any body is also ok. Doing this to help with saving a little bit of money for the guys who don't have enough to run open stock with foam tires on the asphalt.
the mabuchi class we run is strictly out of laziness we like how its relaxing and laid back. collisions dont end up with broken parts and its easy on the tires and batteries. and of course.. NO CUTTING of motors

id suggest using CS-27s (preglued) to save on cost. if we go forward, we'll spec it out to those tires. not sure yet if we'll make it an official race series.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
the mabuchi class we run is strictly out of laziness we like how its relaxing and laid back. collisions dont end up with broken parts and its easy on the tires and batteries. and of course.. NO CUTTING of motors

id suggest using CS-27s (preglued) to save on cost. if we go forward, we'll spec it out to those tires. not sure yet if we'll make it an official race series.
Very cool. It is a nice relaxing class to run. It is fun sometimes to show up at the track and just have fun and not work too hard.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by wyd
Very cool. It is a nice relaxing class to run. It is fun sometimes to show up at the track and just have fun and not work too hard.
hehe exactly!

top 4 cars at the last mabuchi race was an evoIV, TRF415, pro4 and CGM and boy it was a blast!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like the idea of just going down and having fun, not working too hard on your car prep, etc. But.... i just can't get enough of the speed. Driving around a track with a piddly little motor does get a little boring, I Think everyone admits. And besides, why would we wanna do that when we have a car of the class of an Evo IV. We could use a TB02 and be champion in Mabuchi class by the sounds of it.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thats a nice mix of cars!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
hehe exactly!

top 4 cars at the last mabuchi race was an evoIV, TRF415, pro4 and CGM and boy it was a blast!
Chris, what race/track was this?
Old 12-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by madjack
Chris, what race/track was this?
November OC Circuit Race. (Behind the La Mirada library, second sunday of every month)

EvoIV - Ian Aquino
Pro4 - Jasper David
CGM - Paul Dabao
TRF415 - Me

TRF414SS - Kevin Cole and Terence Cole
Barracuda R3 - Bryon Kaholi

X-Ray T1FK? - Howard Hudson

lots of fun... come up Dec. 12th..we're racing again. not sure about mabuchi tho.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry, anyone knows the part# of the steel front drive shafts, also any online store sell them, thanks.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post EVO4 parts

Originally posted by caveman
Sorry, anyone knows the part# of the steel front drive shafts, also any online store sell them, thanks.
I have had great luck with SpeedtechRC.com

Steve is quick and has the "latest and greatest" parts stocked for the racer with obsessive needs.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Look at my evo 4

THe shaft holder L7 was broken on the race today, sad. have a look at it. does anyone know where to get the alum part for it? I think i saw it somewhere before, but cant remember.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution IV-100_0048.jpg  
Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Look at my evo 4

Originally posted by Superdate
THe shaft holder L7 was broken on the race today, sad. have a look at it. does anyone know where to get the alum part for it? I think i saw it somewhere before, but cant remember.
take a look at www.speedtechrc.com. you can buy the Tamiya cup or the Square cup. The Tamiya cup is a bunch cheaper, and both are of the same quality. I bought the Square one because it came out first!

The tamiya cup should run you about $7 USD

vic
Old 12-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Look at my evo 4

Originally posted by hierog
take a look at www.speedtechrc.com. you can buy the Tamiya cup or the Square cup. The Tamiya cup is a bunch cheaper, and both are of the same quality. I bought the Square one because it came out first!

The tamiya cup should run you about $7 USD

vic
Thanks man, that is the one i saw before, hehe, just cant remember it. how do you find the alum cup?
Old 12-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

bout the drive cup, thats too bad. had the same problem. you can buy aluminum replacements at rainbowten. its in japan though. what i did, I asked a local machine shop to fabricate an aluminum replica. cost me under 8$.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.