2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

I am trying to think of the best way to start this post and the best word I can think of is WOW! WOW summarizes the 2010 IIC. WOW what a great event. WOW what a great job our team did. WOW what a fantastic response from our Sponsors. WOW what a fantastic job Dusty did again with our shirts and I think the final WOW goes to all the racers for making this maybe the Best IIC to date! It was a great surprise to have 3 time World Champ Marc Rheinard there with Viktor and Pumpy. They told me all summer that they could not make it, but the joke was on me as everyone else knew they were coming. Nice one guys.

As I read all the wonderful posts here after the race, it makes me so very proud that so many if not all racers who attended feel it is the best event in the world and everyone looks forward to it each year. Your comments truly make all the sweat and hard work worth it. As I say each year, it is the IIC TEAM that makes the event what it is. I have tried to surround myself with the best team I could and it is because of them that the IIC is what it has become. Boomer, Jamie, Jeremy, Showtime, Rehberg, Kraig, Charlie. It is these guys that make the IIC the best!

Special thanks to the gang at Trackside for holding down the fort as we put on the IIC. Kenny, Buck, Sarah, DSP, for keeping things going.

As each year approaches for the IIC, there seems to be some new issue that faces us directly that we need to address and face. After last years Speedo situation, we were faced with trying to bring some sort of separation of the classes. Christmas day last year, I sent an email to the speedo companies stating my feelings of us needing to get some control in this quickly changing situations. I am thankful that all the companies worked together for the greater good to try and get some balance back into racing and they all came up with a profile for their ESC's to bring this all into check. I applaud them all for this. Next up for us was to arrange classes that fit all skill levels and and abilities. Last year the mid level class was the 13.5 which many of the Pro drivers participated in and it worked out fine, but now with the speed of the new ESC profiles, 13.5 is modified. So we needed to find a balance of classes to offer the racers both stock classes and faster classes. We did catch some flak when we posted our class structure for this years event, but I think as everyone looks back at the race last week. The breakdown of classes worked extremely well and gave drivers a choice to what they wanted to run be it Stock, Super Stock or Modified. The Super Stock class with 17.5 unlimited was spot on as the correct choice for this mid ground class between Stock and Modified. I will mirror EA's comments on the Pro's running this class, It was exactly what I had hoped for, the best Stock drivers and Mod drivers going at it. It was perfect!

I have read through all the comments and I wanted to thank each of you personally for your kind words, but It is to much to do, so I just want to say a heartfelt thanks to each of you for your kindness, support and for sharing the same passion I have for this wonderful hobby we all love so much. Thank you all for supporting the IIC.

But a few special thanks I need to say. To the Las Vegas hommies for what you guys did. I know that came from the heart and I am doing all I can to make sure that goes to the proper use it was intended.

Josh from Canada...ehh For the shirt and the kind words. That was a special thing and I appreciate what you said.

Of course to all the sponsors for without them, the IIC would not exist.
Jaco/SMC. The IIC is because of Jack Rimer and Danny Sullivan and their support since the beginning. You have heard it for 6 years and it still rings true. Thanks for believing in me!
TEKIN, THUNDER POWER, NOVAK, MUCH MORE, PARMA, CORALLY, SPEED PASSION, CRC, XENON, TEAM ASSOCIATED, RADIO POST, HOT BODIES, X RAY, PROTOFORM, SPEEDMERCHANT, TOP, YOKOMO, KO RADIO, SWEEP, RACERS EDGE, WWW.LIVERC.COM, RC SCORING PRO, McMONEY DESIGNS.

Shane Archer and the crew from AMP DRAW HOBBIES. 6 years of being a team with us and they again did a great job supplying the racers with everything they needed for a great event. Thanks guys.

The racing at this years IIC was second to none! after 5 years of the IIC, I did not think it could get better, but it did! Some of the best and closest racing we have ever had. Congrats to all the winners. You should be very proud of your wins. Winning a class at the IIC, That is about as big as it can get! And to those that think the Pro's don't take pride in their wins or that they don't mean anything to them anymore. I hope somebody got my interview with Josh Cyrul on video after his masterful win in 1/12th Mod. The emotion that overcame him amplifies the want these guys have to win and what a win at the IIC means to even the best drivers in the world.

2010 IIC Winners:
World GT 13.5: Brian Bodine
Expert World GT 10.5: Brian Wynn
17.5 1/12: Brian Bodine
13.5 1/12: Donny Lia
Mod 1/12: Josh Cyrul
Amateur 17.5 Sedan: Jerry Perez
Stock 17.5 Sedan: Dustin Layne
Super Stock 17.5 Sedan: Atsushi Hara
Mod Sedan: Atsushi Hara

So as the sun sets on the 6th year of the IIC, the talk is... will there be a 7th. As everyone knows the devastating set backs we faced the past 2 years with the theft of all our equipment forced me to decide this would be the final year of the IIC. But after some very encouraging words from our sponsors this year and a few changes we did this year to our system of the IIC, there is a chance that the IIC will continue. We are talking to the hotel to see if we can move the date to October 10-15th which will help move it away from the start of school and be in the heart of indoor season. But there are many issues that need to be worked out on all levels to see if it can happen. I will of course keep everyone up to date as soon as I can and I hope as many of you do, that the IIC can continue. So keep Oct 10-15th 2011 open and if there is a 7th IIC. We hope we can count on all of you for your support.

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words and I hope that no matter where you finished, be it first or last, you walked away from the IIC with a feeling of that is how a world class race should be run, fun! on time! and with passion!

Thanks and Best Wishes to all of you.
Scotty and the IIC Team.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Awesome news...I really hope this happens!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Beautiful post Mr. Ernst.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Scotty,

After being home watching almost the whole event on Live RC, I can tell you that this is the best it can get in the RC world. Everyone here on RCTech just has nothing but great things to say about the IIC. From someone who can't travel anytime in September due to work and children starting school..... I hope this can continue, not for me to watch on the computer but for any of the racers who can make the trip to this great event.

You and I have spoken on the phone regarding the situation here in my home town, for me this event is something that I look forward to every year. We have to travel to get some racing in because we love this hobby so much. I can for one tell you that, YOU have made this hobby what it is!

Thank you for keeping this going at Trackside, Vegas and all of the other events you graciously have something to do with.

We have a long road here in San Antonio but we'll get there! I'll be contacting you soon about some new developments that have come across recently. Take care and Thank you again for making me Love this hobby!

Sincerely,
Ronnie Pena (picco007)
Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Team Tekin

Long Live the IIC!

Everyone should experience the professionalism and level of world class competition at the IIC. You only think you are good until you throw it down in Vegas and really measure yourself against the best.

Cheers to Scotty and the whole IIC crew for putting on such a fantastic event!

Tekin Prez
Old 09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Best news EVER!!. Moving the date means I can attend!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi Scotty
you guys did a nice job keeping things going and making sure everybody is driving clean..I dig the layout...I'm glad hearing the good news hoping may be the 2011 IIC... If so I'm going to sign up for my first IIC .. las vega here I come...
Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can I get a: whoooo hhhoooo!!! ?

See, now all the guys at home want to come.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

I have two more racer that want to come. I'll tell them to start planning now so they can get their kitchen passes.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

Ok I'm getting the holiday booked this week, not missing out on the IIC again like this year. Fantastic news to hear about it again.

Keep up the great work
Luke
Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That is great news!!!!! I will be there!!!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
What to say in the post race thread? Great Race, Good Meeting new folks, awesome watching the pro's race, even better being able to have sit around and chat with them. A venue that is 2nd to None in all of R/C Racing, plus it's in Vegas!

I had a blast! Maybe too much Fun this year. I Love Steve Rossi for making me look good!
Steve drove fantastic and was able to put a Novak Kinetic Powered ride into the A final of Expert 17.5! Not bad for a guy that missed the whole first day of practice!

Thanks to the Oklahoma Gang for all the pit stories and company! Wes and Pat are great guys, I don't care what Monty says about them......

Thanks to the Canadian contingent, mainly Gary Lanzer for simply coming over and chatting with me. I was able to get some great testing done thanks to Gary, and we made some very posistive steps forward through out the weeekend. Got to chat with you guys all weekend, good Folks! Nice to Meet You!

Thanks to the CRC guys for just being you!

Thanks to Scotty for Flying me out and letting me get my Announcer Itch Scratched for another year.

Super Big Thanks to the IIC Crew. I know you guys just think they are the tech guys, but they do "a lot" more then that. Every Year I've helped with setup and tear down less and less and lesss, and this year, maybe the least, but these guys continue to Bust Hump late into the night. There's even that one guy, thats not on the crew, he doesn't even take breaks! Steve? Sorry I forgot again!

Thanks again Everyone, Vegas pretty much promises a Good Time every year and never breaks that promise.

See you 2011!

Thanks
you're too kind, lol. i said it once, ill say it again... Charlie=Awesome!

once again Scotty, thanks for all you do. it is truly impressive to see the drive and passion you have for the sport and the people in it!

here's hoping for a '11 race....

Wes Wood
Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Love ya man!

Absolutely, hands down, the best race I've ever been to. I meant every word, it is the best race because of how passionate you and the team are about the event, the racing, and especially the people.

See you in 2011!

Josh, ehh, Canada.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

good times
Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default woo hoo

Duncan and I are in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.