Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho TF-6

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
The guys from rcmarket just told me they wont be getting the kyosho tf6 sp back in ever sooo that kinda killed my plans .....does anybody know where else you can get this kit at around the same price range of 625 usd i wont be spending anymore then that on it.
try http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/home/a...customers.html

Another option is to ask Christopher Krapp's dad (Joachim) to ship some parts allthough shipping costs will be quite high I guess. The email adress of Joachim:

RC Point Krapp
[email protected]
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthijs
try http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/home/a...customers.html

Another option is to ask Christopher Krapp's dad (Joachim) to ship some parts allthough shipping costs will be quite high I guess. The email adress of Joachim:

RC Point Krapp
[email protected]

thanks dude well im getting this kit one way or another ...rite now i got red star hobbies getting me a quote and i found this place in germany which i need google translator for lol but they got the kit priced well.......and i will definately contact chritopher krapps dad as well.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 AM

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys,

I currently own a SP version of the TF-6. Instead of the front spool, I would like to run the gear diff. But when I assemble it together, the front swing shafts seemed a bit long. the balls on the swing shaft bottoms out in the drive cups. Do I have to get the TF222 swing shaft inorder to have the gear diff fitted? It would be a waste not to use the double jointed swing shafts.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oosh123
Guys,

I currently own a SP version of the TF-6. Instead of the front spool, I would like to run the gear diff. But when I assemble it together, the front swing shafts seemed a bit long. the balls on the swing shaft bottoms out in the drive cups. Do I have to get the TF222 swing shaft inorder to have the gear diff fitted? It would be a waste not to use the double jointed swing shafts.
I've got the gear fitted in my sp and it fits fine. But I do have the short arms fitted and the D blocks with the hole outside and 1,5 degr camber. Did you use the shim near the bearings in the knuckle? You won't be needing that.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:20 AM

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've got the gear fitted in my sp and it fits fine. But I do have the short arms fitted and the D blocks with the hole outside and 1,5 degr camber. Did you use the shim near the bearings in the knuckle? You won't be needing that.
I was following Krapp's setup and used C blocks inside. I guess that's why the gear diff don't fit. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys just another quick question....have any of you guys ever dealt with www.cmc-versand.de the reason i ask is because there selling the tf6 sp for 419 euros...which is substantially cheaper then anywhere else ive looked so just wondering how they are to deal with etc....
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys just another quick question....have any of you guys ever dealt with www.cmc-versand.de the reason i ask is because there selling the tf6 sp for 419 euros...which is substantially cheaper then anywhere else ive looked so just wondering how they are to deal with etc....
not when i check , 499 euros , Chrissies dad does them cheaper ;-)

http://www.cmc-versand.de/Kyosho/BK-...r-8-30025.html
Old 08-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

maybe he won't have to pay taxes at the european shop as a canadian ;-)

new option parts, steel shafts for the DJsystem, front and rear

No.TFW114 Steel Swing Shaft (Ball-Type/Universal/L=41/1pc)
No.TFW115 Steel Swing Shaft (Ball-Type/Universal/L=37.5/1pc)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

maybe he won't have to pay taxes at the european shop as a canadian ;-)

new option parts, steel shafts for the DJsystem, front and rear

No.TFW114 Steel Swing Shaft (Ball-Type/Universal/L=41/1pc)
No.TFW115 Steel Swing Shaft (Ball-Type/Universal/L=37.5/1pc)
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH i need them !!!!!!!

hahaaha , there will be a new rear belt coming soon also , then i will run mod with my old chassis ;-)

got a set up in my new car that i like ;-) lets see if i can get my track record back ;-)
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
not when i check , 499 euros , Chrissies dad does them cheaper ;-)

http://www.cmc-versand.de/Kyosho/BK-...r-8-30025.html
YES its 419 euros it says 499 but take 16% off....for fun put one in your cart and cash out and you will see the price changes from 499 euros to 419 euros ...try it......anyways are they a solid company?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

YES its 419 euros it says 499 but take 16% off....for fun put one in your cart and cash out and you will see the price changes from 499 euros to 419 euros ...try it......anyways are they a solid company?
yep, a solid company indeed, but really, wait for Herr Krapp first, he will make you a good deal if not, checkout at CMC!

@phil, how was the setup?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

yep, a solid company indeed, but really, wait for Herr Krapp first, he will make you a good deal if not, checkout at CMC!

i used part of your set up but dont like the idea of cutting my alloy ,

Groningen is a difficult track to set up for , bumpy and can be dirty , i am happy now though , just need to raise my body a bit now
Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

I talked to a guy named Joachim Krapp ....he quoted me 469 euro which is still a good deal but he doesnt take paypal....so my bank would charge me even more to do a bank transfer.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:40 PM

Hey guys,

Finally found some time to get my setup sheet done from the ETS race in Apeldoorn.

A few notes:
- I run the original TF6 arms on my car (shorter ones), please take note of the suspension holders fitting (do not use C-C inside like SP std setup)

- I used the old TF6 upper deck (2.25mm) with the rear carbon link removed for better flex on the rear-end of the car

- At the ETS I ran very little rear toe-in, this requires a smooth(er) driving style to make it work and increases corner speed. When having problems with rear traction just add more toe-in.

- At Apeldoorn I used HPI pink-silver springs, this is a specific setting for that track as the chicane after the straight has rather extreme camber change and 'holes' in the asphalt that your car gets 'sucked' into if you hit the apex right. For regular tracks I use HPI silver-silver for 90% of the times.

- The long front camber links are a Apeldoorn special as well because of its flowing/big layout. On shorter more twisty tracks it could help to run them in the middle hole on the upper bulkhead instead of the longest option to get quicker change of direction.

- On the sheet you'll notice there's no spacer underneath the front-front suspension mount and 0.5mm underneath the front-rear suspension mount. This is again an Apeldoorn setting, most of the time I use 0.5mm underneath the front-front block too.

This setup should work pretty much everywhere (asphalt), it's what I use 90% of the time.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Does the tf6 sp offer different degrees of caster blocks...im pretty sure they would just having a heck of a time finding them or getting part numbers for them. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.