Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho TF-6

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
That's stupid, they are bringing them into Australia and our market is tiny.

I'm pretty sure the kyosho is the best car for asphalt you can buy, go Vasco!
OK but how is it on carpet?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
What shop?
I think this is for the previous TF6, you'll need the TF6 SP version. Get it at RC Market, very nice shop, fast shipping and good pricing.

For spares... Get a set of arms and steering knuckles, that's all I ever broke The new kit is top of the bill, everything included, you won't regret it!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthijs
I think this is for the previous TF6, you'll need the TF6 SP version. Get it at RC Market, very nice shop, fast shipping and good pricing.

For spares... Get a set of arms and steering knuckles, that's all I ever broke The new kit is top of the bill, everything included, you won't regret it!
Dont worry im sold on this car already
Old 07-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

OK but how is it on carpet?
just fine, multiple setup options to make the car a bit stiffer, you won't need to buy other parts to change setup (hingpins with inserts to change trackwide, rollcenter, etc...). Buy some 0,5 & 1,0 and 1,5 shims for setupchanges and youre set.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:08 PM

Not too much experience with the SP car on carpet but since its basically the same as the TF6 it should perform very well.

Things I'd recommend for carpet:
- Get the TF6 suspension arms (for pro-stock, are little shorter then the SP one's)
- Use TF6 upper deck (stiffens up the car a little bit for better corner speed)

Outdoors I'm also using the TF6 upper deck and suspension arms instead of the SP's, I feel for pro-stock this gives a bit more aggressive/precise handling car with better corner speed. In modified Chrissi is using the SP arms and switches every now and then between the 'old' and new 'sp' top deck.

These are just minor changes to get the car to my likings, car seems to be very good straight out of the box though!

No real need for spares other then the usual stuff, the quality of parts is really good. Can't remember the last time I broke something, but it's always a good thing to have some spare plastics just in case..
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Ok thanks guys I just want to make sure because living in canada and wanting a kyosho tf6 sp is almost next to impossible since nobody in north america can get the car or parts lol
Old 07-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok thanks guys I just want to make sure because living in canada and wanting a kyosho tf6 sp is almost next to impossible since nobody in north america can get the car or parts lol
Used these guys to get my second car...

They deal direct with Kyosho for you so can get all the new parts as they are released.

Just email them the part numbers or the request they quote you pay via Paypal then mail it over take 3-4 days from Japan to Australia

Never once had any problems with them

RC Champ URL link
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

So I emailed rc champ and they told me there out of the kit and they dont know when they will get it back in stock...so im gonna scratch them off my list of suppliers lol
Old 07-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys anither quick qustion does the tf6 sp use different suspension blocks for rear toe or can u just shim to desired toe?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys anither quick qustion does the tf6 sp use different suspension blocks for rear toe or can u just shim to desired toe?
rear toe is adjusted using the A B C ...... blocks that are supplied with the kit and are the same as the TF6 chassis
Old 07-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
rear toe is adjusted using the A B C ...... blocks that are supplied with the kit and are the same as the TF6 chassis
Theres nothing I like to hear more then the term supplied with the kit ...awesome thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Theres nothing I like to hear more then the term supplied with the kit ...awesome thanks
BUT i have bought more of them because if you want to use C C front and then a C at the rear you dont get enough in the kit
Old 07-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
BUT i have bought more of them because if you want to use C C front and then a C at the rear you dont get enough in the kit
Oh great well who sells these blocks because my only supplier is rcmarket and they dont sell the blocks
Old 07-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

ya cant find those blocks anywhere online...its too bad i was just about to order this kit........Hey kyosho should learn and its a simple business strategy and if u make parts availible you make more money ...but i guess kyosho has enough money lol
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

ya cant find those blocks anywhere online...its too bad i was just about to order this kit........Hey kyosho should learn and its a simple business strategy and if u make parts availible you make more money ...but i guess kyosho has enough money lol
what !!!!

thay are for sale with the alloy blocks !!!!!

TF131 is the number , if this is the only reason for not buying the TF6 then it isnt a reason at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.