Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
A couple of more quick questions. Are you using Losi shock oil or another brand? Also do you know what the largest 48 pitch pinion will fit with an 86 tooth stock sour gear? Can't bring myself to pay $45.00 for a Matt Francis Trinity Gear adapter and haven't seen any 106 tooth 64 pitch spur gears on EBAY for awhile.

Thanks,
Losi Oil- 45wt all the way around on carpet VTA but I am running a 55 piston rear and 56 front. I run 108/39 64 pitch - house FDR 5.0 on a 25.5

Stormer has the Spur:

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...pl?pn=LOSA3950
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Well, I still have bunches of X parts, 1 complete car and 2 other chassis that need to be finished. I still think the X is a great chassis and was well ahead of its time. Honestly , I haven't been running it since I fell in love with the Team magic E4. The centralised chassis layout is just great for handling. Now that Tamiya has released the TA06, I may go with it since Tamiya has always been my first love.
That being said, a XXX-S will always be in my stable. Its proven and tough. Look back in this thread and you'll see some good setups by Paraletic. I used a combination of his and John Stranahans. 1.15 Pink Rear and 1.15 Silver Front springs. Shocks use 40-45 wt oil. 56 pistons all around. Use sway bars to tune turn performance (I haven't needed them in VTA although I probably should've tried small bars in front to take out some steering). Ride height 5mm. Droop 2-3. MF low roll blocks front and rear. Asphalt, technical, no traction compound on track or tires.
For VTA, the X is still a car I'd suggest to anyone.
I plan on using mine soon for a GT spec (silvercan) type class soon.

Do you have a spur adapter you would sell, or know where I can find one? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't think I've got any more of them but I'll check. Last I heard Jet Hobby still had them available. Here's a link

http://www.jethobby.com/Jet%20Racing...eam%20Losi.htm
Old 07-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Anybody have a G+ for sale?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Anybody have a G+ for sale?
I may have one, just not %100 sure yet... trying to use mine for a silvercan class locally but if the class doesn't take off I'm going to try F1, in which case I wouldn't need the car.

Ebay seems to have a few floating around most of the time too....
Old 07-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Ran the XXX-S yesterday, first time wheeling one of these in at least 5 years, felt like old times . Took the win in the main with it, sure was fun just quietly and smoothly slipping away from everyone else . Losi should keep selling this in one version or another.... perhaps a VTA ready version?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Ran the XXX-S yesterday, first time wheeling one of these in at least 5 years, felt like old times . Took the win in the main with it, sure was fun just quietly and smoothly slipping away from everyone else . Losi should keep selling this in one version or another.... perhaps a VTA ready version?
+1 agreed! Losi has a solid racing platform with the XXX-S. RTR or KIT they should bring it back...
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Oh HELL yeah !! Stll got 3 of them and still think it's a great chassis.
3dn it...did you ever see the carbon fiber prototype ?? Wish they would've produced it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Thread alive!

I'm switching mine over to VTA mode, I think the car will be perfect for it. Found 2 NIP MF spur adapters do I got what I need to gear it right. Not sure what shell to run.... racing indoor sprayed asphalt if it matters, not sure if there is one that works the best or if they're all abou the same. I know VTA guys are more about the looks than anything else.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

You can't keep a good car down !! I ran a XXXS in VTA and it did great. Pink springs in front and silver in back (Could be the opposite. Can't remember. Whichever spring is lighter goes in back),35-45w oil in shocks. Anti roll bars front and back. Get one of the IRS spool setups if you don't already have one. The Cuda, Challenger and Pro Line J71 are my favorites. Never seemed to handle right with the Mustang or Camaro bodies.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Been trying HPI gold front, silver rear, but with regular TC tires, this is on super-high traction. Not sure how it will be with VTA tires/body. Thinks I will go with the J71 it looks good. They are letting us run (last I checked/beleive) 21.5 or 27t stock brushed with around 4.20 FDR. I have an old p2k2 pro motor that was putting out 28k rpm and I want to see if it works well, if not I have a novak 21.5 also. I can't retire the car, it's just too easy to drive. I would like to get it a bit more rapid turning through the tighter stuff but as is I can run super consistent and smooth.

Losi (Horizon, whoever)... make this a RTR VTA CAR with a novak BL system, what are you waiting for ???
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can't keep a good car down !! I ran a XXXS in VTA and it did great. Pink springs in front and silver in back (Could be the opposite. Can't remember. Whichever spring is lighter goes in back),35-45w oil in shocks. Anti roll bars front and back. Get one of the IRS spool setups if you don't already have one. The Cuda, Challenger and Pro Line J71 are my favorites. Never seemed to handle right with the Mustang or Camaro bodies.
I have been running four purples and a diff on my VTA car!

Do you have trouble with the IRS spool being hard on the CVD's? I have one but I'm afraid to run it because that's the one part I don't have...
Old 01-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I have been running four purples and a diff on my VTA car!

Do you have trouble with the IRS spool being hard on the CVD's? I have one but I'm afraid to run it because that's the one part I don't have...
Never used the solid diff with the stock axles. I had the IRS ones with the pin cushions and it never caused a problem. You may be using to much steering. The X has a lot of steering and a pretty fair amount of Ackerman. Also, are you using the stock front hinge pin block ?? If so, try using a rear block in the front. It will straighten the axle angle and may help.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Never used the solid diff with the stock axles. I had the IRS ones with the pin cushions and it never caused a problem. You may be using to much steering. The X has a lot of steering and a pretty fair amount of Ackerman. Also, are you using the stock front hinge pin block ?? If so, try using a rear block in the front. It will straighten the axle angle and may help.
I did this with the MF toe blocks, ran the rear piece up front, works well. Still using the diff, though, just running it pretty tight. Mainly for the sake of keeping wear as low as possible. I think you can still get the IRS axles but not sure they are still being made...
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

I did this with the MF toe blocks, ran the rear piece up front, works well. Still using the diff, though, just running it pretty tight. Mainly for the sake of keeping wear as low as possible. I think you can still get the IRS axles but not sure they are still being made...
Love seeing the oldy xxx-s smoke the $500 plus newer touring cars...
What-up J....Next time your in town Wings and Beer are on you player...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.