Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Solution for the stock class problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LMB
Yes, who really cares anyway, stock is such a sissy class!!!
Do I detect a hint of baiting for an answer here? No chance...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

my whole stand in this esc war is to sit on the sidelines and NOT BUY any esc's until next season starts up,,, a couple local guys just bought esc's to have them obsolete within the month, yikes!!!

maybe that or im waiting for a small enough/light enough VOLTAGE BOOSTER to make those turbo running guys wonder wtf that blur was that just scooped thier car and blew past em down the straight an the infield

the technology will get a lil better anyways, theres been a handfull of local guys who have wrecked thier stock brushless motors running a turbo boost settup, is 90$ for a motor really worth the extra 5' on the straight?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMB
Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stitchy
nahh...why? another will just spring up, haha.

You're right, Hebiki...it's all about agendas. I have a GTB, therefore we should have a spec class with only GTBs allowed. Or if you have an SPX, maybe we should limit it there.

In reality, I have two Tekins....no ban the technology!

let's go in circles some mo'

zzzzz....
you were right. see http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-opinions.html
Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
No
No what??? I was being sarcastic... the point I was making is the only way to make some of the people happy is to have a class of one, so they can win....

I like the idea of one TC class, if you are in the J main, running with a 21.5 because that is what you are comfortable with great... If you win the J main, you are a winner... of people with comparable skills... or if you are in the A main running a 6.5 great... Like Nitro.... skills base setup.... If you can handle it, bolt it on....
Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I like the idea of one TC class, if you are in the J main, running with a 21.5 because that is what you are comfortable with great... If you win the J main, you are a winner... of people with comparable skills... or if you are in the A main running a 6.5 great... Like Nitro.... skills base setup.... If you can handle it, bolt it on....
^^^^^ agreed, love it, bring it on - for all <insert governing body of choice> races.

Now, clubs need a cheaper class for new folks and seasoned folks to have fun with. A more true 'spec' class: Let the local clubs 'spec' what they want as what works in one area of the USofA will not work in all. A good example:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ere-socal.html

It also would be great if club organizers in the same geographic areas got together to discuss a common Spec so racers could race in other series with the same gear. This is the age of the globalization and social networking.

Heck, I even have a laptop to program my ESC!!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMB
Actually, with 17.5, err, stock, um what are we calling them, going as fast as mod, err, 8.5, what are we calling them?, you gotta know how to drive.

I think mod is the sissy class... What with no turbo or timing to program? Who could'nt make it go fast

Rob........
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a new solution for stock racing.. Its Magical

DELETING THIS THREAD! Its the new answer!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I have a new solution for stock racing.. Its Magical

DELETING THIS THREAD! Its the new answer!
It shall die not! You created a monster.(insert sinister laugh here)

Rob..........
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
^^^^^ agreed, love it, bring it on - for all <insert governing body of choice> races.

Now, clubs need a cheaper class for new folks and seasoned folks to have fun with. A more true 'spec' class: Let the local clubs 'spec' what they want as what works in one area of the USofA will not work in all. A good example:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ere-socal.html

It also would be great if club organizers in the same geographic areas got together to discuss a common Spec so racers could race in other series with the same gear. This is the age of the globalization and social networking.

Heck, I even have a laptop to program my ESC!!
I thought that is what VAT is for... low cost, the batteries, body and tires take the motor, speedo and chassis out of it....

But I agree, you point is clear, the experienced people need to TM the novice class, and HELP THEM....

But Here is a idea...
3 classes, only 2 run at the local level....

A open - spec tire, something HARD, what start with is what you run, the whole event. Tech is body and weight. I would love to see a person try a 5.5 on VAT tires... can you can just hear the sales ring up in the hobby store... If you run this you can B open

B open - spec tire, something in the middle, what you start with is what you run the whole event. Tech is body and weight. If you run this you can run C open, but NOT A open.

C open - Tech is body and weight, that is it. If you can hold on to it, you can race it. (Big races for the factory teams...) Show time...... You can NOT run either A or B open.

Worried about tires.. don't, just mix to make a color of two or three fingernail polish to make a special event color. Mark it and your done....
Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 AM
LMB
Tech Initiate

Turbo on an electric car, now that is just hilarious, does it have a special blow off valve to make that special hiss sound!!!

Hahahahaha, I still say stock is a sissy class!!! newbs the exception.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
No what??? I was being sarcastic... the point I was making is the only way to make some of the people happy is to have a class of one, so they can win....
But that's not what this argument is. What makes on road electric unique is the high level of traction. So any slight technical advantage shows up as a huge gain on the track. And today's motors are far more powerful than even the last generation of brushed motors. So what has happened is mod has become too difficult and expensive to run on a weekly basis, and the pro drivers now run the spec motor classes (note by pro I mean high skill level and highly invested racers). Racers that just want to have fun and don't want to invest that kind of time or money now have no class to race in. And newbies are so overwhelmed that they don't stay in the hobby very long.

The proof that we need some sort of dare I say a basher class is the existence of classes like RCGT and VTA. These classes are growing with people who have had enough of keeping up with the A mainers and want to go back to enjoying RC racing. Further proof is that Novak and Tekin are making speed controls without the advance timing specifically for the slow spec classes.

Racers will eventually decide which classes to run. 17.5, 13.5, and 10.5 should stay race classes, where any car or speed control can run. How the spec classes are structured will be based on what the majority of racers in that class want to run.

And racers are going to have to understand that sometimes things don't work out your way.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The proof that we need some sort of dare I say a basher class is the existence of classes like RCGT and VTA. These classes are growing with people who have had enough of keeping up with the A mainers and want to go back to enjoying RC racing.
Basher classes do exist! It's called mini racing. Unfortunately, when things get serious and people start caring about winning, you come full circle and talk about "fair" and want more classes so people have a "chance" to win.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Basher classes do exist! It's called mini racing. Unfortunately, when things get serious and people start caring about winning, you come full circle and talk about "fair" and want more classes so people have a "chance" to win.
I call that "racer" mentality. You start a class that is supposed to be free of technology, and someone wants to bring technology in. And that's when someone starts a new thread on RC Tech.

You see it in the Tamiya silver can motor classes. Everyone was supposed to run the same off the shelf motor but then someone figured out how to "tune" them and sells them for $50. Not what the class was supposed to be about.

I see it even worse in Kyosho Mini-Z. Brooklyn Hobbies put in a Mini-Z track and you have to see the 1/8 scale guys spending tons of money on 1/24 scale RC cars!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see it even worse in Kyosho Mini-Z. Brooklyn Hobbies put in a Mini-Z track and you have to see the 1/8 scale guys spending tons of money on 1/24 scale RC cars!
LOL I can only imagine!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.