Wiki Posts
Search

Solution for the stock class problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
.... But if you really want a Newbie class, great, but stop calling it Newbie or Novice or basher... call it something that they can be happy about saying. Let's show respect to the new people at the track and embrace them. Before everyone jumps on me, I'm not saying we don't show them respect, it is a perception issue, from the newbie's point of view....

This concept is rarely acknowledged and I like someone else has considered it. New guys need a little love too.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Company Representative

I got tired of posting responses on these "what are we going to do about speed controls?" threads and decided that Novak needed to put our money where our mouth is.

We proposed an overall program for cost-controlled racing, designed to encourage new racers to get involved in this hobby. Because, no new customers = entire R/C industry suffers.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
This is why I think we only need 2 classes in touring car.

One class designed specifically for newbies, bashers, and cheapskates (okay bad word but people who don't want to spend money). 21.5 motors, spec rubber tires, and realistic bodies that we know don't handle. You can even spec the SC to one of the spec speed controls from Novak or Tekin.

And then 17.5 for the true racers. Any chassis, any legal body, and any SC you want. That would pretty much cover everyone. And if enough people want to run 13.5 or 10.5 hey go for it, and now a racer can run 2 classes.

ROAR is trying to do something by making the 17.5 class a "sportsman" class at the upcoming nats. Biggest thing is no sponsored drivers, and you can't run one of the other classes (keeping out the sandbaggers). ANd rumor is ROAR will change this to a 21.5 class next year.
I thought the VA class is what you described above for new people.... Now they are running 25.5 motors....
Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Was it really? I have only been racing for a couple of years but have been in the hobby since I was a kid. I guess I always thought "stock" was the intermediate class....beginner, stock, mod (speaking in brushed terms)? No?

idk...
Yes an intermediate class, yor are correct, for people to refine their skill for mod, 27turn and timing locked motors the only restriction.

And you cannot make 17.5t a true racers class, for funny boy a few pages back, if it aint mod then i aint racing.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought the VA class is what you described above for new people.... Now they are running 25.5 motors....
VTA is not for new people, although new people are welcome. VTA is for old racers that have had enough of touring car and just want to have fun.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

let me complete your sentence,

.....and will push the limits within the rules for VTA just like THEY did/and everyone else does when they ran Touring Car.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot

.....and will push the limits within the rules for VTA just like THEY did/and everyone else does when they ran Touring Car.
That was good....

So you really need two VTA classes... Just like in life, you end up where you started. They have pampers for babies and depends for adults...
Old 02-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot

Actually there's a revolt going on in VTA. The USVTA (the first true sanctioning body for Vintage Trans Am) is going to 25.5 turn motors beginning September 1st. There are a group of racers who don't want to run the slower motors, so they're trying to do their own thing.

But you're right about one thing, put 2 racers together and one will start looking for an advantage. VTA is a little different because most don't consider it a serious class. Push the limit all you want you're only going so far with those HPI treaded tires.

"If it's worth winning, it's worth cheating." - W.C. Fields
Old 02-27-2010, 07:00 PM
LMB
Tech Initiate

That was good....

So you really need two VTA classes... Just like in life, you end up where you started. They have pampers for babies and depends for adults...
Yes pampers for stock racers!!! so very true!!!