Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Anyone got much experience with or opinions on DIP?? I keep hearing it crop up, but don't think we can get it in the UK.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey PW, I was looking at that setup and am surprised...My first thought was that the car is going to have a ton of chassis roll. would you agree? Also does that seem to help vs a car that runs relatively flat?

Guys I run Paragon on everything. If I need more traction with rubber tires outside then I use Trinity's Red Dot. I will end up trying some other stuff later this spring. I just make sure I wipe the tires down with motor spray and a rag before putting anything on them.

Bob
Old 01-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default which springs?

Hey guys, which springs do u recommend to buy to run on my trf shocks on my mi2?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piorc
Hey guys, which springs do u recommend to buy to run on my trf shocks on my mi2?

Thanks
for asphalt Schumacher whites are a good starting point
Old 01-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Before White/WHite there was blue and silver (associated). I still use that combination and have had no need to vary from that.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

I even ran blue blue and silver silver. it all felt pretty good.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Does DIP = Bengay? I heard you guys talking about using that the other day. That stuff surely smells like it. Maybe we can lend that stuff to the RDX fan boys after we tear them a new one with the EC...
Old 01-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

No DIP doesnt equal to bengay lol.. Rashad when you see lil'b again ask him for his sauce he made its awesome.. I think its better than DIP
Old 01-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

PW,
YGPM
KT
Old 01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tire Tweak is pretty hard to beat. However its important you use it the right way.

I like to clean new tires with buggy grip and a blue paper shop towel until no more gunk shows on the towel when you wipe them.

Put Tire Tweak on 25 min before you race. Wipe it off really well 5 min before you race.

Some guys like to clean the tires with Buggy grip after wiping off the tweak.

Hybrid DIP is a little more agressive than Tweak. If you want more steering try DIP. Sometimes its faster...sometimes its not.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey PW, I was looking at that setup and am surprised...My first thought was that the car is going to have a ton of chassis roll. would you agree? Also does that seem to help vs a car that runs relatively flat?

Guys I run Paragon on everything. If I need more traction with rubber tires outside then I use Trinity's Red Dot. I will end up trying some other stuff later this spring. I just make sure I wipe the tires down with motor spray and a rag before putting anything on them.

Bob
Chassis roll is your friend in very high-bite conditions....Keeps the car smooth and easy to drive But what makes you think there would be a lot of chassis roll? Hinge-pin location?

As for Paragon on rubber tire outdoor....Gives tons of steering, but here in Florida you will roast the tires in 3 minutes DIP or Tweak is the way to go
Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've never really liked Paragon outdoors. Makes the car feel like the tires are dirty the whole run. It's been the only thing to use at SoCal for years but apparently there's a shortage of it so people are finally trying different things. Since I still have a lot of it left, I'm still using it there Depending on what track I'm on, I like Tweak, DIP is good, some tracks I simply clean the tires with Buggy Grip after the run and thats it. I'll even run them dry at some places only cleaning with motor spray. If the track is dusty, sauce can be the worst thing for the tires. All it does is pick up more dirt and make the car skate around.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

TQ Blue works well on parking lot tracks and does not make your car smell on the ride home.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Hybrid DIP is a little more agressive than Tweak. If you want more steering try DIP. Sometimes its faster...sometimes its not.
Thats the problem right there for me. I rather something that is consistant. During the first stickum error the stuff seemed to work while testing but I could never get through 5 minutes with it. It seemed to wear off somewhere is the final minute and a half.

If the track is dusty, sauce can be the worst thing for the tires. All it does is pick up more dirt and make the car skate around.
You are so right about that. Locally you can spend 2-3 laps trying to get dust off your tires if you get 'derailed', but i've never tried not using anything under dusty conditions. I'll keep that in mind next time and try to just prep the tire well in advance to see what happens
Old 01-31-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

PW - well the High hinge pin location combined with the lighter weight oil. I would think the car would roll when going hard into a corner. I have never been able to run well in really high bite situations...probably because I am trying to run too flat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.