Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I have been running the Foam Spec car on asphalt, and it just keeps on getting better every time I run it.
So what is the ticket on the blacktop, Foam spec or Regular version? Talk to me order time is nigh!!!

Rod
Old 01-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RKeasler
So what is the ticket on the blacktop, Foam spec or Regular version? Talk to me order time is nigh!!!

Rod
The the standard EC is best for 99% of all asphalt tracks.

If you are traction rolling on asphalt then maybe the Foam Spec would work.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just wanted to know if I am making a misktake. I have built the Ec as per instructions using the Teemu setup out of the book. And after several runs at 2 different tracks (both asphalt outdoor and indoor), the car seems to be extremely stable and easy to drive, to the point where it is 'pushing' through the corners (especially entry and mid corner). However, since I did not understand how to measure droop the Teemu way I just used 3mm frt and 4mm rr droop (using ride height).

I have since learnt to measure droop the Teemu way (thanks to Jon Kerr!), but have not had a chance to run it. Also, I have noticed that the Teemu setup on the net (Schumacher website) is different to that of the instruction book. Which one are you guys using? Or are you using Paul W's latest setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leonard.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Adrian which kit did you and PW ran at speedline for the state race?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
with all the posting you've done on this thread and what you saw today....I'm sure PW wouldn't mind taking your order for two EC's....
Na, I'm done messing with new cars for carpet anyhow. ....but I'll trade you a car with an all new patented tweekfree multiflex technology chassis system
Old 01-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whao ...I think STLNLST's whole ordeal here was just a marketing ploy!! Look what I found at amazon.com click here
Old 01-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
We ran the standard Rubber EC car.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's just wrong Harsh.

My car was pretty good yesterday too. I started out with what PW ran except with different pistons and oil. Then made a few changes throughout the day. By the maind it was right on pace. I'll have the setup posted in a bit.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
I just wanted to know if I am making a misktake. I have built the Ec as per instructions using the Teemu setup out of the book. And after several runs at 2 different tracks (both asphalt outdoor and indoor), the car seems to be extremely stable and easy to drive, to the point where it is 'pushing' through the corners (especially entry and mid corner). However, since I did not understand how to measure droop the Teemu way I just used 3mm frt and 4mm rr droop (using ride height).

I have since learnt to measure droop the Teemu way (thanks to Jon Kerr!), but have not had a chance to run it. Also, I have noticed that the Teemu setup on the net (Schumacher website) is different to that of the instruction book. Which one are you guys using? Or are you using Paul W's latest setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leonard.
We are running the Kit set up.

Make sure you hit every point of the setup exactly. If you fudged one setting it could make the car not work as expected.

Make sure all shock have equal rebound, all suspension arms are completely free and that you car is tweaked.

The only time that I had a push last weekend was when I forgot to sauce my tires properly before a qualifier.

If you have every detail of the setup exactly and you want more turn in move the rear arms forward 1mm. This will make the car rotate more on corner entry.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All I am going to say is Jon Kerr's car looked ubber dialed last night....

Very aggressive...
Very impressed...

Keep this up and peeps will be beating down that door Adrian...LOL
-Shookie <><

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 01-29-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:55 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.gearchart.com/setup/setup...mo-carpet1.pdf

OK, my setup is posted on www.gearchart.com ^^^^
Old 01-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would agree with Adrian on this one. My local outdoor track has more traction then 99% of any other track. I went with the foam spec car becuase of this.

Originally Posted by RKeasler

Rod
Old 01-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All I can say is WOW! This was the best car I've ever had at SoCal and I only had 8 runs total last night! The 19 turn class was like the typical SoCal Nationals 17 guys in 19 turn. Tosolini TQ'd and the top 12 were within 10 seconds of his time. I was 10th after some inconsistency due to nerves Unfortunately they cut off the A at 9 dues to the tight track I did run away with the B running the car in cruise control.

Donny- I did try the roll center adjustment you suggested and it did work, but too much. Made the car flow through the corners but made it too free. It was even more nervous like that. I went back to where I was when I talked to you and played with the wheelbase position a little. I also took that one last brace between the steering posts out of the top deck. That helped too. It was a little frustrating because the car was SO good but I was about .2-.3 off Toso's lap times and didn't know where to get it from the car. It had to have been all driver
Old 01-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Mi2EC Rubber Spec http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=114895 Dialed outdoor

DirtyDog3375....Several changes I made from Teemu's setup to get a more reactive car; 5wt lighter oil front & rear (25wt/30wt), raised the front camber link to the upper hole, shorten the wheelbase 1mm using the rear arm. Lowered front & rear hinge-pins .5mm. Please make each change one at a time

Great report Jon!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.