Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just dont loan Sushi Boy any of yer stuff, he went home with both my motor AND pinion gear . I blew up the 7x2 saturday, timed at 22 degrees trying to dump. I couldnt dump if I tried (which I did). I'll just get the cobalt when I see you next but I should have my DC stuff soon. No more 10 turns ! It blew up before I could get an 8.9 though... I got 1 friday and that was it. My car was pretty good though, I was all 9.0's - 9.3's. You be at the track this week?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Mini
Did you get a chance to try the new cantaliever suspension at the Nats? How was the car?
Oh and another thing, how how many bags of fish did you eat there?
Later
Jim
Old 10-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Help Needed!!

Guys I have big understeer issues with my Mi2 I have just moved up to modified and the thing flies in a staight line but I can not steer it I have just about tried everything camber,castor,springs,shock oil,ride height,shock angle,front one way,front spool,standard diff,battery forward,battery back and so on and so on and every time it pushes going in either under power or off power and comming out under power.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Guys I have big understeer issues with my Mi2 I have just moved up to modified and the thing flies in a staight line but I can not steer it I have just about tried everything camber,castor,springs,shock oil,ride height,shock angle,front one way,front spool,standard diff,battery forward,battery back and so on and so on and every time it pushes going in either under power or off power and comming out under power.

Thanks
try this one
http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/image...ew_asphalt.pdf
Old 10-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That setup should give you massive amounts of steering.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

I have tried somthing very similar but my track is low grip and bumpy asphalt and it is difficult to get it to grip up and not have it bouncing through the turns. i currently have the softest setup I can grey springs and 4 hole piston and 25wt shock oil on the front and it will not turn in or hang on comming out I use a peak 10/1 motor on foam outdoor track and I have used just about everyones setup I have found on the net for my tracks characteristics and none have worked so far .I have a Teemu chassis on the way I hope this will help.

Thanks
Desperate
Old 10-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have tried somthing very similar but my track is low grip and bumpy asphalt and it is difficult to get it to grip up and not have it bouncing through the turns. i currently have the softest setup I can grey springs and 4 hole piston and 25wt shock oil on the front and it will not turn in or hang on comming out I use a peak 10/1 motor on foam outdoor track and I have used just about everyones setup I have found on the net for my tracks characteristics and none have worked so far .I have a Teemu chassis on the way I hope this will help.

Thanks
Desperate
Do you guys treat the track with anything? If not running foams on that track sounds lke it would be hard to do with any car, do you have to run foams? The setups that you will see on here are usually on rubbers for at least med traction tracks. If foams it's usually carpet, we had some guys try foams at our track and it was a no go.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

We have an open tyre rule here and everyone uses foam I have tried rubbers but it was worse we are changing to rubbers next year so i supose it will be difficult again.My teamate reckons I should of bought a Losi he runs one and it flies he broke the lap record with his GTX having no drag brake (stuffed) so I guess its back to the old drawing board.

Thanks
I will keep trying
Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've seen cars run on low grip parking lot tracks before and it was never pretty. I'd go to rubber tires and put PW's setup on it to a T. Don't deviate from it at all to start. Then fine tune it from there.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

What rubber tires will you run? Your friends Losi If it is a JRXS is not rolling very much and is probably more stable with as soft a setup as you have it may just be "jacking" the car around that coupled with foams on a low grip track sounds like trouble. Try what Jon says "he knows" and that should get you close. After that I have a couple ideas that may help, my track while not a low grip parking lot surface doesn't have the grip that some of the guys on here have. Also my car is probably a little closer to stock like I am assuming yours is.

Rod

Last edited by RKeasler; 10-17-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Hey you guys think we can get a setup sheet designed for the BMI chasis; more specifically the shock mount towers/positions. I'm trying to follow some of the later setups that have been flying around and never know exactly which position (I wont say hole :-0) to put the shocks in or the camber links.

BTW. Where is the latest setup at? I looked on gear chart but the ones listed under PW are not the ones. At least i dont think so.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

JON KERR/Paul Wynn: do you have any new set-ups for the BMi2? have a 19T race coming up.. kinda need PLEH!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

We have an open tyre rule here and everyone uses foam I have tried rubbers but it was worse we are changing to rubbers next year so i supose it will be difficult again.My teamate reckons I should of bought a Losi he runs one and it flies he broke the lap record with his GTX having no drag brake (stuffed) so I guess its back to the old drawing board.

Thanks
I will keep trying
GTX is gas off road right??????
Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rbboy
JON KERR/Paul Wynn: do you have any new set-ups for the BMi2? have a 19T race coming up.. kinda need PLEH!
PW last set up that he posted on here with the white springs is by far the best set up to date with the BMI chassis and towers. You can put Masami a lap down with it

JON- u coming up for the carpet regionals this weekend? PW will be in cali this weekend I think but I don't expect him to pass thru
Old 10-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STLNLST
GTX is gas off road right??????
GTX is Novak speedo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.