Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This one?

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/produ...p?partno=H1032

You could click the buy button, call us on Monday or do what every other buddy of a factory driver does and have "The Dirty Egyptian" call us, say he lost his and order another one...lol!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats the one ill be calling you on monday thanks guys
Old 07-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hey guys whats the transmission ratio of the mi2. i gota now for when i race in the titles 2moz
Old 07-16-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Hey Bob...Check out the mounts on www.pdubracing.com The are a direct fit for the Mi2/TRF shocks
yeah was looking at them and they look good, how much would it cost 4 them and shiping to the uk in £s. and how long would it take ruffly to get them. and also can i just pay bye credit card? thanks bob.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hey guys whats the transmission ratio of the mi2. i gota now for when i race in the titles 2moz
1.8 if you're running the 20 tooth layshafe gear.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Mi2's internal ratio is 1.8 with the 20 tooth pulley, with the 17t pulley I think it's something like 2.12 , but someone should varify that.

I just got my Schue order in the mail yesterday with a couple cool things. First of all that purple aluminum camber gauge is awesome, waaaay nicer than the RPM one everyone uses. I also got the new Schue reamer, and it's definetly worth the money. Makes me want to get all the Schumacher tools now .

Jon - I tried offroad yesterday for my second time, lets just say I need a little practice with it .

-Weylin
Old 07-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

What did you run? 2wd buggy, truck, or 4wd? When they opened the off road track down here about 2 years ago, I had a big learning curve to get used to not having any grip anymore. It really does help to teach throttle control and finesse with the throttle finger. I immediately noticed an improvement in my driving on road when I started racing off road.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guy's I'm planning on getting the tamiya TRF shocks. One of the guy's that came over last weekend to race. mentioned that he had a set of Yoko's GT4 shocks. never used. Pretty good deal for them also. Just curious would these nitro shock work on the MI2.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
What did you run? 2wd buggy, truck, or 4wd? When they opened the off road track down here about 2 years ago, I had a big learning curve to get used to not having any grip anymore. It really does help to teach throttle control and finesse with the throttle finger. I immediately noticed an improvement in my driving on road when I started racing off road.
I ran truck stock. I'm used to not having any grip, our carpet track has none when we arn't running foams, so I have good throttle control. I was having more problems with the jumps . Mainly one roller which I had to slow way down over before it or I would nose in on the landing if I hit it wrong and flip over... but then I would get run over for slowing down . I'd practice more if it wernt a 45 - 60 minute drive, and I didn't like onroad more. But now we are getting off topic ! There must be no more discussion on how much Weylin sucks at off road .

Later,
Weylin
Old 07-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey guy's I'm planning on getting the tamiya TRF shocks. One of the guy's that came over last weekend to race. mentioned that he had a set of Yoko's GT4 shocks. never used. Pretty good deal for them also. Just curious would these nitro shock work on the MI2.

Thanks in Advance.
I think they'll work as long as they're close to the right length. You'll just need to figure out how to mount them. I'm not sure how Yokomo does theirs.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mini-dub
I ran truck stock. I'm used to not having any grip, our carpet track has none when we arn't running foams, so I have good throttle control. I was having more problems with the jumps . Mainly one roller which I had to slow way down over before it or I would nose in on the landing if I hit it wrong and flip over... but then I would get run over for slowing down . I'd practice more if it wernt a 45 - 60 minute drive, and I didn't like onroad more. But now we are getting off topic ! There must be no more discussion on how much Weylin sucks at off road .

Later,
Weylin
Off road really takes practice. At our local track, all that's run is modified. There is no stock class. But the track is really small. I've gone out before and TQ'd mod truck with a 19 turn because a lot of the guys are throwing 8 turn motors in an off road car on a track with a 70 foot back straight! I'm actually thinking about trying to get a 4wd class together when the new CAT4000 comes out. I ran a Losi XXX4 for a little while. I loved the way a 4wd buggy handles but I got sick of replacing the front end of the car every time it hung on a hose.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

BTW, anyone who runs Sorex 36R's on a regular basis, I think the latest batch maybe different than they used to be. Tire wear is way up. We used to be able to get a lot of runs, maybe 12-14, out of Sorex's at SoCal before they weren't even practice tires anymore. In fact the tires I practiced with last night had 10 runs when I started and I ran 5 practice runs on them and they were a couple months old. I ran and used the tires I just got on an order from Hong Kong in the race and after 4 runs they're dead! Everyone at SoCal has noticed the same thing with the tires for the last month or so. So you guys down in Florida that had the older ones die in one run, I doubt you'd get more than a few minutes before they're dead on your tracks down there. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

JON KERR: Many thanks for a WINNING SET-UP... I followed yours and woohoo I TQ'd and won my car had so much initial turn-in and on power throttle on the corners. the RIDE TSX gave it more stability on turns too. i'm really thinking of ordering the BMI chassis, would you suggest that i get the whole package? (lower-upper chassis, and shock towers?) i still have a teemu chassis at my shop, confused if i should open it check my website link on my signature... the Mi2's are starting to perform really well here in Manila, thanks for sending me your sheets
Old 07-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Glad you liked it. I ran it last night a SoCal again and it was great. I'm still learning to drive that track but my fast lap times are right there. I just need to string them all together.

I really like the BMI chassis with the high flex top deck. I tried it first with the standard solid top deck and it was just too stiff for asphalt. But with the flexible top deck, it was dialed. I like the BMI towers. You may have to lengthen the shocks a little since the top mounts are a little higher and the sliding mounts do take a little getting used to. I think the higher camberlink locations they have are perfect. I haven't run a Teemu chassis so I don't really have any way to compare the two.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

How did you end up last night Jon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.