Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Don V. told me he ran the Warpspeed on his Mission for a little while. He didn't really like it on the outdoor tracks we run on. I think he said it made the car too hard to get a good setup on and way too twitchy because of the extra stiffness. But since that's what you're looking for running on carpet, it may be the ticket. I know it's a lot of cash to drop but I don't know of any other chassis for the Mission.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the input.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jon Kerr
Don V. told me he ran the Warpspeed on his Mission for a little while. He didn't really like it on the outdoor tracks we run on. I think he said it made the car too hard to get a good setup on and way too twitchy because of the extra stiffness. But since that's what you're looking for running on carpet, it may be the ticket. I know it's a lot of cash to drop but I don't know of any other chassis for the Mission.
Actually I liked the warpspeed chassis outdoors on asphalt, really good, it didn't work at SoCal Raceway. Screwed itself into the ground.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok,,, started building my mi2 kit..and came to a question...
should I remove the shielding from the bearings and soak/clean/re-oil them with light oil, or just run them for a day or so the way they come?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:54 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They will free up a bit after a couple days running. You can clean and reoil them now and they will be a little better but will require more frequent cleaning and oiling once you remove the heavy kit grease. You may want to do the large diff bearings now because the seals will most likely fall out while running anyway. Mine did on the first few runs but with proper maintainence, they will still last a long time. Mine are about 8 months old.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks

Last edited by hogdaddy77; 12-09-2004 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Actually I liked the warpspeed chassis outdoors on asphalt, really good, it didn't work at SoCal Raceway. Screwed itself into the ground.

@Cornerspeed: What do you mean when you say it screwed itself into the ground? The tracks that it worked well on, where they smooth high grip or only carpet? Where is SoCal Raceway?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by IslandBwoy
@Cornerspeed: What do you mean when you say it screwed itself into the ground? The tracks that it worked well on, where they smooth high grip or only carpet? Where is SoCal Raceway?
SoCal is in Hungington Beach,CA. SoCal is high bite indoor banked asphalt track small in size. Car always develope increased steering throughout the run. So much that its like the car wanted to screw itself into the ground. Had tried many different set-ups for about 3 months with no success. It got to the piont of a undriveable car.
Now on outdoor tracks, mainly with lower to poor traction and bumpy, the car worked great with the warpspeed chassis.
Never ran it on carpet. We dont have much carpet around.
Switched back to the stock chassis then had 100% more success at SoCal. Car got to near factory driver fast there.
It may just be me as to why it is this way. On the MI2 I even don't like the thicker chassis. I have a seperate car with 2.5mm chassis, always go the the stock chassis car. Feels better. Probably my driving style.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

mo---you were right about soaking the absorbers....I didnt do that great of a job on one shock so i need 2 new foamies,,,,but other than that the kit sees fairly straight forward, and look easier to tune than my TC3
Old 12-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can anyone help me out with info on links to aftermarket bits for my Mission?... bottom chassis, cvd's and diff bulkheads to start with

I've seen warpspeed mentioned a few times on the couple of pages I've read here... whats the web address?

Personally I still prefer the Mission over the Mi2... so thats why I am looking for parts
Old 12-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

ShadowAu

you got pm
Old 12-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

I run the warpspeed chassis on asphalt and have good with it here in florida. Infact it is a p-dub designed chassis. It has alot of testing and designing by schumacher drivers. I dont think there is a concern with the thickness it all depends on you driving style!

Its worth the money either the p-dub chassis or the warpspeed version.!!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

shock question....
are the stock mi2 shocks good...or should I use my Associated threaded shocks?
Old 12-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

The stock Mi2 shocks are much better than the associated ones. But still not as good as Tamiyas.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

if you take your time and prepare them correctlly the schumacher shocks will perform better then the associated and aswell as the tamiya shocks. The reason a lot of people use the tamiya shocks is thier
ease of assembly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.