Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Adrian or anyone else, Is the optional gear adapter used on the Axis 2 the same as the one for Mission? Thanks.

John Vincent
Old 12-15-2001, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Can anyone tell me if the Integy threaded shocks will work on my Axis 2? Thank you to anyone who answers my question....
Old 12-15-2001, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

yes, the gear adaptor you use for the axis 2 works great in the mission,,,just dont forget to use the plastic spacers that comes with the mission spur gear tho
Old 12-15-2001, 10:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi everybody!!!

Hey everyone, just saying hello, I didn't even know about this site untill a couple days ago! Schumacher Rules!!!:
Old 12-15-2001, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

pmccarson- Good run today.........
.........Dominic was still faster

See you next weekend!
Old 12-15-2001, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

JohnnyV, the gear adaptor is the same as for all of the sedans. Anyone breaking bumpers on their Missions. I'm going to try boiling my next one to stress relieve it.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I had my first race meet with the Mission and it went better than expected. We race at a fairly large open track it was quite war,. Everyone but me had oneways and they really are a necessity but I tuned the Mission to get quite a bit of steering. previously it had kep understeering badly. Tried Take off 27 and 32 and Sorex 36 and all understeered. I then just went nuts and stood the shocks up one hole in the front(possie 3), changed to the hole 2 on the steering arm and reduced ride height all round and the car had almost too much steering! Im pretty sure it was the steering arm position from 1 to 2 that made the diff. i always used 2 on the Axis 2 and for some reason I started using 1. Anyone else found the same?

Car had plenty of runtime but a dud motor seemed to make the car slower than it should have been even though it was pretty darn fast.

So all in all pretty darn happy with the Mission. Oneway should make this baby ballistic
Old 12-16-2001, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yesterday at Stockton (where the Carpet Nats might be in 2002), Dom and Pat came out with their Missions and the big motors...Missions qualified 1-2 in mod, 1-2-3 in expert stock. Finishing order was Dom 1st, Pat 3rd in mod, Pat, Dom and me in stock. BTW the top 8 finishers in stock were Schumachers. Tried a new setup from Dom that had much better cornerspeed (not really a new setup, but last years carpet setup for the A2). Impressive debut for the boys from SJ, great runs and congrats.

I sure hope that they announce the Nats soon since they will be held the last weekend in March with TO 27 spec tire/insert/rims and a 2 set max (how did I know that?).
Old 12-16-2001, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Racer X- The mission did look pretty good in mod. Pat and Dom took to the cars like a fish to water.....mabe once the oneways come out they will dip into the mid 13 second laps....LOL I can't wait for school finals to be over so that Witman can come out with his. Mod is going to be a blast you should think about running it a couple of times.....I mean.........you can't do any worse than Hackburn. Scotty comes out and runs mod and out qualifies him so you know it can't be that hard. I'll see you next weekend and I'll bring that tool for you.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CornerSpeed I too am a socal racer!!!!!.... I just got my mission and am finishing it up as we speek!!!!!!.... This is the sweetest car I have EVER built!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!! I love it and cant wait to get to socal!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:15 PM
Tech Initiate

HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have some supension questions.... such as when it needs .5mm space between the lower "kingpin" screw and the arm... at what angle is the arm suposed to be at?
Old 12-17-2001, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

tc3driver- That means a clearance between the parts when ready to run. So when your car is assembled, check and adjust those clearances. Make sure thier even and not too far in. If they are, then the suspension will bind and the tip of the screw will hit the driveshaft.

What tires/inserts are you using at SoCal. I am struggling there. I think its the tires. My car goes from pretty good/little pushy to loose and hard to drive by the 2nd qualifier. Without really any changes to the car.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tires/inserts

cornerspeed- sorex 36r's with the yokomo zr-037f... still had some left from the roar nats.... it was sweet to watch jay neal take stock!!!! w/out winning a race!!!.... it was really cool to see him beat up on those losi guys.... ( as I get way off the beaten path!).... mabey I will se you at socal some time....
Old 12-17-2001, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

ok heres the deal,while holding the car in the air and applying throttle and turning the wheels all the way in one direction i get a god awful noise.this happens either direction.checked the king pins,there is no rubbing,there is also no noticable problem while on the track.........
Old 12-17-2001, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Ottoman...it was good to meet you and see how much you like the car. Hopefully next time I can get a better start in the main and race with you guys instead of trying to get around road blocks for the first minute of the race.

I played with the gearing of the car this weekend in stock and one thing I came across is that the car was faster out of the corners and faster on the straight with a 86 tooth spur. With the 95 tooth it seemed to just spool up and never get down the straight fast. Im going to try a bigger spur with the bigger pulley and see how that effects its speed. This is all contrary to what I thought before that the car should be faster out of the hole with a bigger spur but the car just seemed to never get up to speed. It felt just as fast out of the hole with the smaller spur then with the larger one and was faster on the straight. Has anyone else noticed this or something else???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.