Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Adam, I think it's worth putting a physical stop on there, as that just ensures that it can never get all the lock and hence load everything up too much. Other than that, assuming everything's built up correctly and nice and free, i really can't think of any good reason why you are having these problems.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Adam- What shock and shock tower combo are you running?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jay Dub
Adam- What shock and shock tower combo are you running?
Low towers front and rear w/Tamiya shocks.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

If you fully compress the front suspension, does the dogbone bind in the drive cup? Even if it is close, in a crash it can over exted the suspension and possibly bend a shaft. Also sometimes the suspension arms can get hairline cracks in the webbing in the suspension arm, allowing them to flex excessively fore and aft. You can't see it unless you twist the arm, this might allow the bone outside of its "normal" range of movement, and help it bend. Also, if you are running a spool, you may want to loosen it slightly to alow it to slip in the event of a hard crash (It would not slip during a normal run however). I would have to agree with everyone else, I have run both the steel and Ti cvd's and never bent one (and I have been known to hit some sh!t). Hope this helps
Old 10-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

had another good day with the MI2. Tested the oneway set up and I didn't feel that I could drive it as hard as the Spool car so I parked it. About 30 min after putting the oneway car up the bite came up HUGE. Cars were traction rolling all over the place. This was with rubber tire's. The end result to the traction rolling was to go softer on the set up. I ended up with 40 wt oil (standard) and AE silver spings in front and green in the rear. I also laid my front shocks all the way down. After that the car was dialed. No more traction rolloing. The MI2 also came in 2nd in mod on foams. Next week we'll put the MI2 back in the winner's circle.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Hey! What rear toe were you running? Sway bars? Just curious...

I think today's "traction action" (mine anyway) was due to tire choice. The CS stuff had "too much" bite. My tires felt like warm taffy after a run. Next time I am up I will bring an assortment of different stuff.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Originally posted by Advil

I think today's "traction action" (mine anyway) was due to tire choice. The CS stuff had "too much" bite. My tires felt like warm taffy after a run. Next time I am up I will bring an assortment of different stuff.
Glued sidewalls seemed to fix the problems if nothing else worked. It wasn't just the CS tires doing it, it was sorex and pits also. Just too much traction and carpet moving since it's not glued down.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey James, missed your IM the other day on AOL, but what have u been up to, still runnin the Losi?
Old 10-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Hey James, missed your IM the other day on AOL, but what have u been up to, still runnin the Losi?
Sold most of all of my stuff to get all new stuff when the new car comes. So I'll have all new electronics and tools and stuff too. I might pick up a 12th in the mean time.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Originally posted by Advil

I my opinion the sorex tires have more grip than the take off's so running the take off's might have been the way to go. I can only speculate though since I never actually put on a set yesterday. I will try nothing but take off's next weekend though. I think that your set up was a bit too stiff and that's why the tire's were heating up so quickly. I'll let you know what I find out so that you won't have to spend the whole day chasing a set up. I also think that I can gear this motor up even more as it was barely warm after the main. I needed more top end speed. Aaron had his with a final drive ratio of 5.6

I was running 2.5 rear toe. I was thinking of going to 1.5 I had sway bars all around the car. I might go with a thinner sway bar all around next weekend.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by James Nguyen
Sold most of all of my stuff to get all new stuff when the new car comes. So I'll have all new electronics and tools and stuff too. I might pick up a 12th in the mean time.
Thats pretty sweet, I have 4 new cars right now, I did the same thing
Old 10-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Thats pretty sweet, I have 4 new cars right now, I did the same thing
I'm down to one car....LOL
Old 10-24-2004, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by STLNLST
I'm down to one car....LOL
We got 2 new offroad tracks down here, so I got 3 for those, 2wd buggy, truck, and 8 scale
Old 10-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

We got 2 new offroad tracks down here, so I got 3 for those, 2wd buggy, truck, and 8 scale
don't bring any of that dirt with you to the carpet track....LOL
Old 10-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default BMI2

On behalf of buddy Raul garcia
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-picture-082.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.