Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What you're saying make perfect since. I think I'll set the camber links back where I had them to start and raise the rear RC. I didn't want to free it up too much because there are a few high speed ess's on the track that you coast through and the car was dialed through those sections. But there are a couple 180 switch backs that are off power. Those were where the car was fighting a little. I also think I'm a little too heavy on the dampening all around. I'm running 45 wt all around in Tamiya shocks with a #56 3 hole piston (all my pistons are drilled like that from running them on the Losi) I think this is too heavy so I'm also going to soften that up a little bit.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

jkerr0043- I'm running my shocks with the standard #58 that come with the Tamiya shocks but I also have an extra set that have #56 drilled pistons from my Losi days as well. Looks like I'll be testing everything under the sun on Friday. From what I hear that track is just like Speedworld so the set up that I'm starting with should work fine. What tire and insert have you been running and what were the track temps?
Old 09-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Roll Centers

With the stock chassis we are running no front riser plate. We use 1mm or 1.5mm spacers from TakeOff. The lower you go the more steering you get.

In the rear we are using 1.5mm to 2mm spacers on top of the riser plate. The higher you go the more free your rear will be. You may also mix up the spacers to get .5mm of anti-squat. This helps the rear rotate off power entering corners and really helps the car square up and exit the corner.

If you run the Teemu Chassis subtract .5mm from all the above spacers as that chassis is 2.5mm thick.

Shocks:

Whether you run Tam or Schu Shocks the best starting setup is 3 holes 40wt, AE blue front springs and AE silver rear. We have run this setup everywhere and it seems to work very well. Softer front springs cause a loss of turn in due to the front end dumping. Stiffer rear springs are a possibility but we haven't had to resort to that. Thinner oil might be a good thing. I think the Sacramento guys have had good luck with that but we haven't felt the need to change this where we have raced.

Sway Bars:

We run the stock bars front and rear everywhere. There is a new sway bar kit on the way with 1.2 and 1.5mm front and rear bars (U2728 - $8.99). We will be trying these thinner bars as soon as we get them. We should have them this week. The main reason for wanting to try these is that the car seems to be too flat in the corners. If it rolled more it would get more grip and be even easier on the tires. This would make the car better in the heat and on re-run tires.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

I was testing with 27GLR's all day. The grip was very consitant all day with temps from about 90F in the morning to 140+ in the after noon. When it was that hot though, and pushing the car, the tires would get over heated and start to get pretty loose. Paragon seemed to actually keep this down a little. It happend quicker when the tires were run dry.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

AdrianM, Where do you get the Take Off spacer kit? Is it something Shumacher USA carries? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Yes we sell the spacers. Add the color to the part# to get the full part number...ex TS112P is a .75mm Purple spacer

jkerr - Try Trinity Tire Tweak. It is the best high heat compound for the TakeOffs. Be sure to wipe it off hard 5min before you run or the tires will be slimy for the first lap.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

I'll get some and try that. Here's the set up I ended up with. Like I said, I still have a bunch of things I want to try on it but this setup was pretty comfortable to drive. I'll be making some setup changes this week and running again on Sunday. I'll let you guy know what I find.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

I've got it in MS Word because I don't have the full adobe to make my own files and I can't post that. I'll Email it to anyone who wants it.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

jkerr0043:

If you go to the link below, you make upto 5 free PDFs from your word document by just signing up

https://createpdf.adobe.com/index.pl...E&Language=ENU
Old 09-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I any one needs the a#%(^ software just e-mail me, but keep it on the down low!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
Yes we sell the spacers. Add the color to the part# to get the full part number...ex TS112P is a .75mm Purple spacer

jkerr - Try Trinity Tire Tweak. It is the best high heat compound for the TakeOffs. Be sure to wipe it off hard 5min before you run or the tires will be slimy for the first lap.
Those spacers look nice. How much are they a pack and how many come in a pack?

Thanks
Brian
Old 09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

All are 10 packs and all sell for $4.99. If you are really cool you can order each size in a diffrent color like Jason Moberly so everything is color coded!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

All are 10 packs and all sell for $4.99. If you are really cool you can order each size in a diffrent color like Jason Moberly so everything is color coded!
That's a good idea, I may have to do that.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is that all it takes to be as cool as MO?
Old 09-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Roll Centers

With the stock chassis we are running no front riser plate. We use 1mm or 1.5mm spacers from TakeOff. The lower you go the more steering you get.

In the rear we are using 1.5mm to 2mm spacers on top of the riser plate. The higher you go the more free your rear will be. You may also mix up the spacers to get .5mm of anti-squat. This helps the rear rotate off power entering corners and really helps the car square up and exit the corner.

If you run the Teemu Chassis subtract .5mm from all the above spacers as that chassis is 2.5mm thick.

On the front are you still using the original raiser plate cut down to brace across the top?

Cheers
Adyb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.