Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Re: Carpet Racing in CT

Originally posted by LeadFoot
John Tag:

http://www.hobbychamber.com -- Hobby Chamber, West Haven, CT near the shoreline. There are directions from NY/NJ on the site

If you are looking for a higher level of competition, check out
http://www.rcmadness.com/ R/C Madness in Enfield, CT. They have two factory backed guys that race there. The only issues (unless things have changed) is that the pit area in the winter is cramped and sparse.

I can tell you that Hobby Chambers is clean, well kept with plenty of pit space.

XRAY, HPI, Associated and Yokomo are your main competition at both locations. Anything else and make sure you bring all your own parts.

Leadfoot, I plan on going to there 2 races in october,I also heard there goina put the carpet over the asphalt without plywood,hope not seeing that can really kill carpet with temp changes. I also plan on a trip or to to madness but my weekly track will be dc in PA. they also have some heavy hitters that usally make nat a-mains . See ya at Hobby chamber in oct
Old 09-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

AdrianM--can you send McMoney's set up for carpet to [email protected] Thanx
Old 09-04-2004, 02:24 PM
PW
Tech Elite

My "snowbirds" setup might be a good starting point http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/searc...e1=prodvalue14 Try this setup as is first, then make changes.

A few things I would try with this setup now that the car has been out a while:

Battery moved all the way in.
Lower, inner hole one rear hub.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

John Tag:

Check out the Forum on the Hobby Chamber website -- you can get in as a vistor. According to what the shop keeper is saying on the forum they are laying down plywood and then putting the carpet on top.

If things have changed, I don't know.

He will have a LOT of problems if he tries to stick the carpet on the asphalt. Last I talked to the shop keeper he said he was going to have it power washed. But, there was soooo much sauce on the track that one of the days I was there you could see it seeping on the track.

I plan on visiting the track this week, will let you know more soon as I check it out
Old 09-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

PW, have you tried the Temmu chassis on carpet yet? Just wondering which would be better for carpet/foams, the kit or the stiffer Temmu.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

gary u cant race foams, rubber is still a chalenge for you jk

when u getting foams tires on that mi2 or yours

lazy
Old 09-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Thinking about it. Either going to use the Mi2, Pro 4, or Surikarn. But I really like how the Mi2 has been running on asphalt and would like to try it on carpet.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

cool beans, i forgot u had the pro4
Old 09-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Yup, but no gear problems on the Mi2 though I actually drove the car, box stock, at the Hitec race. I qualified like 6th and finished 7th. I was as high as 3rd and got taken out. I've been really impressed with the car so far. I tried it at Trackside with a Brushless motor and it was decent on 27's, but it needed a little more. I think with a one-way or spool it would really come to life.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Gary, thanks for bringing magazines to the TCS nats. I needed the box they came in badly.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

idk, traction is pretty high at the moment cuz we have ran the same track for about 2 months. so a dual diff are is gunna be faster as of this point,you could try the thickest front sway-bar, and some soft springs(kinds like blue/sliver or gold/silver like the stk hpi pro4,)but i bet its nice not having gear problems anymore

lazy
Old 09-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by LeadFoot
John Tag:

Check out the Forum on the Hobby Chamber website -- you can get in as a vistor. According to what the shop keeper is saying on the forum they are laying down plywood and then putting the carpet on top.

If things have changed, I don't know.

He will have a LOT of problems if he tries to stick the carpet on the asphalt. Last I talked to the shop keeper he said he was going to have it power washed. But, there was soooo much sauce on the track that one of the days I was there you could see it seeping on the track.

I plan on visiting the track this week, will let you know more soon as I check it out
Leadfoot, KIT thx
Old 09-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Gary, thanks for bringing magazines to the TCS nats. I needed the box they came in badly.
what, to put all your bounty that you won in?

Lazy, for foam I think I'll want to run a spool anyways. Plus I know I need to get my hands on the Mi2 swaybar set as well.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
what, to put all your bounty that you won in?
Yep, that's the only thing it's good for. Thanks again!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary

Lazy, for foam I think I'll want to run a spool anyways. Plus I know I need to get my hands on the Mi2 swaybar set as well.

a spool Gary....some body needs to step out of dream land I even know u dont run anything but dual diffs on a foam car or are u not running this on carpet? but yes if u get a spool to work, idk something must be wrong with this picture

lazyboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.