Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anything Shaking in Schumacher Land? With all the new shaft cars coming out from different companies looks like Schumacher and Losi are going to be the minority in terms of running belts....that cool because those are the two cars it enjoy racing...lol

Jeff
Old 03-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just got the Titanium drive shafts/CVD's for my Mission. Anyone have feedback on the Ti shafts in comparison to the composite or Steel.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2003, 08:03 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey Jeff....I would have to say that Nitro is what’s shaking in Schumacher Land here in FL. So far the new Fusion R12 is exceeding all expectations.

I must say that I'm hooked on nitro racing right now and will be taking a small break from electric racing.

The shaftdrive subject is interesting because with the advancement of battery and motors along with spools, there seems to be a lot of gear problems arising. Associated has just released all new gears for there TC3/TC3 Nitro and Tamiya is having major gear issues as well. Both systems most certainly have their strong points though and I like seeing multiple drive-trains. I think this diversity in R/C is what makes the hobby so fun.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Hey paul any info on when the R12 will be ready for release?
Old 03-18-2003, 03:02 PM
PW
Tech Elite

The cars have been shipped already from England and are scheduled to ship from the USA office at the end of this week
Old 03-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Paul,
When raisng the roll center how far is to far? Should I not go any higher then 2mm?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2003, 07:18 PM
PW
Tech Elite

teamAE....I think 2mm is the max for our car front or rear. Most of us have gone back to stock roll-centers on the Mission. I'm running 2mm raised roll-center in the rear of my Nitro Fusion though
Old 03-19-2003, 12:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

WHat position on th bulkheads do most mount their upper arms from and what ratio do most run their transmission on the Mission. I went to the 17 tooth to run the 2.12 reduction. Seems to have a little quicker acceleration. Do most run the outter position on the hub carriers?
Old 03-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
hey all

i just got a used axis 2 and when I let off the throtle the front wheels still spin...I am told that it can't have a one way diff because I am able to adjust the tension...but was told maybe it is a ABS system or something to do with the center layshaft...can someone help me out...I also have another thread going (how to tell if one way) it may give you a bit more info on what is happening....help plz
Old 03-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

wyd, i ran the 20 tooth pulley in my mission. That's what most people use because then the drivetrain doesn't wind up so quick in chutes and on the straight and make it feel slow.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone got any tips on what springs do? Like softer front then rear and vis versa? I had a idea but her many diffrent things then what I thought at first.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Team AE- basically if you are inside the window of tunability then softer=more traction assuming all the stuff like shock oil is a match to the springs. Just remember this- a tune up is NOT some springs up front, some springs back here, a little of this and a little of that- it's the whole combination and how everything works together. Keep that in mind and you will learn fast.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks, Bigdog
Old 03-20-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

racerb...the axis 2 had a cool center layshaft that has an adjustable tension one way...by tightening the nut you can adjust the tension on the one way bearing on the front belt. It sounds like yours is loose, which means you are running a front one way. If you tighten the nut next to the motor it will lock it down...dont overtighten...that will give you full four wheel drive...

If I remember right there was also a one way diff...I think at one time I ran a double one way, both the one way center layshaft and the one way diff...it was supposed to be the ultimate in free drivetrain...if you're running on carpet you may want to avoid the one way, but for asphalt its the bomb...

I've been totally swamped at work...didnt mean to ignore your email...yes, I have an axis 2...havent given much thought to selling but ought to...its just sitting in a box..
Old 03-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mark g

thanks but there is no nut on the center layshaft...(at least I think this is what you are trying to say) it has 2 normal diffs (at least from my view) I can tighten and loosen just like any other diff I have ever had....I tightened the diffs so that they are similar to my other axis 2 yet when I let off throtle the rear wheels come to a stop fairly quickly and the fronts keep rolling...but do come to a stop fairly quick..(not like the one way I have seen)...the rear diff is not too tight..and the diffs seem to roll even nicer than my current car...when I let off the throtle when driving the rear seem to want to come around....I watched the layshaft when I was on then off throtle and the rear belt stops...but the front belt keeps going...can anyone explain this...maybe there is something wrong with layshaft??? thanx to all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.