Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Skiddins....Removing spacers from the camber link inner loactions will generally cut traction at that end of the car from the middle out of the corner. So if your car has too much rear side bite then taking some spacers out from under the inner camber link will help to free the car up in the middle of the corner.

I personally wouldnt mess with the front wheel base as much as I would the rear.

As far as the body it kind of looks like the Protoform Mazda 6 but with the HD wing that might be locking the rear end down too much. With the Standard Mazda 6 if you dont cut the wing down to the IFMAR spec the car has too much rear traction so you might be doing the same thing with the HD wing on your Moorespeed body? Do you have another wing you can use that has less down force and try that one once and see how it effects your car.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grease
One thing that can help with balancing your car is to switch your front and rear differentials and run your front belt on the right side and rear on the left. This way you can stick you ESC and reciever in further. It won't work with nimh though. I use CORE 5000 lipos that I have sitting flush with the right side of the chassis with the stainless steel inserts from ppdbillet. my car is perfectly balanced left to right and weights exactly 50.0 oz.
Are there any pictures of that?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Glen you have a PM
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Are there any pictures of that?
Here are some pictures. The only thing I hade to do that some of you might not want to do is cut off the balance leads on the lipo and put a piece of battery tape over the leads. I can still check the cells with a voltmeter and after over 500 charges, both cells are withing 0.001v of each other.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-lipo-weights.jpg   Schumacher Corner-picture-001.jpg   Schumacher Corner-picture-009.jpg   Schumacher Corner-picture-010.jpg   Schumacher Corner-picture-068.jpg  

Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Skiddins....Removing spacers from the camber link inner loactions will generally cut traction at that end of the car from the middle out of the corner. So if your car has too much rear side bite then taking some spacers out from under the inner camber link will help to free the car up in the middle of the corner.
Do you mean removing the vertical spacers on the camber links?

And soes your first coment refer to the horizontal spacers?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah thats what I meant.....Vertical is under the ball stud on the inner camber mount and Horizontal is between the mount and the bulk head.

Think of it like this.....Vertical will change your Camber Gain....the more inclined(adding spacers) that angle gets the more traction you will have as the cars suspension compresses....so that will effect the car in the corner or as it starts to roll.

Horizontal....The longer you make it the slower that end of the car will react. Meaning if your car is breaking loose in a sweeping corner then making the link longer will help delay this....or if the car is too stuck and pushing/understeering around the corner making this link shorter will help free that end of the car up.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yeah thats what I meant.....Vertical is under the ball stud on the inner camber mount and Horizontal is between the mount and the bulk head.

Think of it like this.....Vertical will change your Camber Gain....the more inclined(adding spacers) that angle gets the more traction you will have as the cars suspension compresses....so that will effect the car in the corner or as it starts to roll.

Horizontal....The longer you make it the slower that end of the car will react. Meaning if your car is breaking loose in a sweeping corner then making the link longer will help delay this....or if the car is too stuck and pushing/understeering around the corner making this link shorter will help free that end of the car up.
So if I want to kill some front end grip through the faster stuff would making the front link shorter help. And/or would it be a good idea to change the vertical spacers and if so should the front links be higher than the rears or the other way around?

Sorry for all the questions, but these are aspects of the setup I rarely change. I understand what they do physically, but not how those physics effect the handling.

Skiddins
Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

The easiest change would be to take some spacers out of the front vertical mount. This will take some steering out in the middle of the corner. I normally run my front higher then the rear on carpet with a 1 way. I personally dont move the front link in or out horizontally as much as I do the rear link.

You could also add some to the rear vertical to have the same effect and lock the rear end of the car down more in the corner and take some steering away.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grease
Here are some pictures. The only thing I hade to do that some of you might not want to do is cut off the balance leads on the lipo and put a piece of battery tape over the leads. I can still check the cells with a voltmeter and after over 500 charges, both cells are withing 0.001v of each other.
I made the swap on mine tonight. Brilliant!
I have notched the plastic case on my Core 5000's a mm or two down to allow the balance lead to exit flush with the top of the battery. This allows me now to keep the balance leads and still not interfere with the belt or the top deck/bulkhead. I was surprised how much I could move the esc inward with the belts swapped.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Look out ladies, its time for me to dust off my Mi3 .
Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Woop

Now get on a plane and get yourself to the worlds
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You better have a good compressor, rumor has it the dust is 3 inches thick

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Look out ladies, its time for me to dust off my Mi3 .
Old 10-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Brilliant!

watch out guys. grease is going to be the next schumacher factory guy. he's the best new wrench i've ever seen, and his focus on the track is just awesome. congrats on a great weekend at the halloween classic, and thank you for an awesome trans-am car to bide my time with.

mr. steve walter, nice to meet you, sir. thanks for stopping by.

i hope to see MANY more schumacher drivers for the roar nationals in march. start putting your support to good use! (that means you too, mini!)

- john yurkovicz -
Old 10-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball

watch out guys. grease is going to be the next schumacher factory guy. he's the best new wrench i've ever seen, and his focus on the track is just awesome. congrats on a great weekend at the halloween classic, and thank you for an awesome trans-am car to bide my time with.

mr. steve walter, nice to meet you, sir. thanks for stopping by.

i hope to see MANY more schumacher drivers for the roar nationals in march. start putting your support to good use! (that means you too, mini!)

- john yurkovicz -
It was good meeting you. Had a good time at The Classic. Wish I would have qualified better. But, I did win my main. Got the car better for the main at least.
I'm planning on being there for the National's also.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

How have you guys fitted the Euro top deck with the V towards the front ?

Any pics of what you have done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.