Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

actually look at it this way, if you overgear the motor you may never see full speed. If the motor doesn't have enough torque to pull the gear then you limit how fast the car will actually go down the straight.

Last week the track I raced on had a free flowing layout, but the end of the last s turn right before the straight was kinda tricky, so if you didn't set up for it just right you had to brake to be able to keep off of the outside wall at the entrance to the straight away. Well I didn't notice, because the car carried so much corner speed thru the infeild, but my car was sluggish on acceleration after the 2 min. mark. At this corner was the only place other cars could pull on me. Had I dropped 1 tooth the car would have accelerated faster off this corner when I "lost" my line. I noticed this after I watched the tape my sister made of the race. However i dropped one tooth on my Losi and my brother rocketed off this turn and made my Mission look slow. This slight bobble made the losi about 2 mph faster by the end of the staight. Both cars running 1.8 internal gear ratio, with the Losi running an overdrive gear in the front which would actually make the losi car slower down the 120 foot staright. The moral of the story..... sometimes dropping a tooth can make you faster, even on long straights.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Big Dog, I figured out the rollout last night and with rubber tires (Take Ooff CS27) it came to about a 1.10. Gives me a starting point, but I usually gear higher than that on the rug.

Kevin K, What are you running outside in stock? Spur-pinion-pulley!

Thanks for the insight fellas!
Old 06-18-2002, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Disregard Kevin. I see above
Old 06-18-2002, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Kevin K, Got any good parking lot set ups using Take Off CS27 premounts? I am going to give it a shot this weekend. We normally run foams out there, but the track is extremely hard on them.....

Thanks bro!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Lightbulb Rubber tires

Rob,

I have quite a few rubber tires you can try. SHould I send them to you? I have two pairs of TO CS32 and 2-pairs of 138G's with Medium inserts and one pair with firm inserts. Just let me know and I'll get them out tomorrow. You'll have them by Saturday for sure!!! I am not running them for a few weeks or more!!

Ray
Old 06-18-2002, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

You've got it all You better not because that track is EXTREMELY hard on tires. I doubt they even last an entire day. I appreciate it though. I am anxious to try the one-way......... I'll give you full report Sunday evening!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

How much does a mission pro cost and who has it cheaper
Old 06-18-2002, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

www.speedtechrc.com sells them $259.95 I believe. The retail price is $279.95...
Old 06-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick question guys. Do any of you guys actually use the Grey Ultra flex belts for stock racing? If so, how do you like them? How big is the effect on drive train free-ness. And what other effects does it have on the car.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rob.....Hit me up on my E-mail and I will send you the setup that Im running right now. I had a bug here at work and it ate all our address books so I dont have your E-mail addy or anyone elses for that matter anymore.

Darkseid....the gray belts are more flexable but I dont think that they make the drive train anymore free. They do wear out faster then the stock ones. Something I do is soak the black belts in WD40 or put a light oil on them to soften them up some. So in reguard to your question I dont think that you will see any real differance between the two belts IMHO.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Kevin K: thanks for the honest answer.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Impactplayer......I know that you are saying about the gearing and its true if you dont have the motor to pull the big gear then gearing down will help. But at the same time if the motor cant pull that big gear then try another motor or setup on the motor b/c you will be left behind when the guy with the motor that can pull the gear races you. The whole thing with stock motors is that you are limited to the speed and if the motor is slow it doesnt matter what gearing you use its still SLOW.

Darkseid.....No prob I have tried them both and that is what I have seen.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

on the topic of grey belts, I have found the front belt whorth while, as it doesnt suffer with much wear, I have had my front belt on my car for around 3 months..running a 12x2 outdoors.

we tested the rear belt using a 12 turn, and it lasted for around 4 race days before it began skipping..., I wouldnt recommend it unless it was for a big meet (over 1-2 days, as they start to stretch after a couple of days, and eventually start to skip.

for stock....if you have the cash, and are looking for something to buy, go for it...! I think it is more beneficial on the rear of the car where possible (stock), as the grey belts are more plyable, as Kevin said earlier....they will round the layshaft pulley with less resistance

Kevin, I like the idea of soaking the black belts in wd40..I might have to try that one..
Old 06-19-2002, 07:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Thanks King-G.

I remember having to soak my old MR4TC belts in wd40 in order to free them up a little. I didn't really think about trying it with the Mission belts until Kevin mentioned it.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

RBLove

If you will send me your email address I will send you a setup sheet that I have been running around the Dallas area. I have had pretty good results with it so it should give you a good starting point. TQ'ed and won the Mississippi State race with pretty much this setup also. I also like the CS22 with the CSMH insert you might give them a try if the 27's don't work out for you.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.