Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
The bulkheads are lighter (25-30g) but not thinner as far as i'm aware. For ref, my car weighed in at 1420 with 5 cell at the weekend. I happened to be standing with one of the HB guys as we both weighed our cars - and his was 1450 - and he stood on the podium at our national!!!

It is fair to say that i have done a bit of work to get it to that weight. Titanium pins/turnbuckles/ball joints, Titanium/Alloy screws, L/W Mazda 6 shell (although i reverted to heavy later in the meeting). Electronics are LRP Sphere TC, GM motor, KO 302 reciever, KO full size servo.
Me and a mate made an experiment and drilled quite a few holes in the bulkheads at strategic places, but that only shed like 10 grams, not really worth the effort. Glad to see the new bulkheads will loose up to 30 grams

I've got all the screws replaced with titanium (even the 4 ones in the LRP TC fan lol) and that shed quite some weight. Ti turnbuckles and pivot pins are in the mail, as is the lightweight S9550 Futaba servo (17 grams to save on that one alone!). Matt, what partnumber are the titanium balljoints? Also, are there plans on making titanium hinge pins?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
The shims are hardened alloy.
thanks for clarification
Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
on the kit carpet setup it says 9mm Droop Is that a kind of printing error???
If somebody Share A good Carpet setup That would be great
9mm droop from lifted chassis to floor.

Measure the ride height. If it should be 5mm, set it there. Then lift the end of the car and set it back down on your flat board only enough so the tires touch, but there's no weight being placed on the suspension, then measure ride height again. It should be a 9mm now. The difference between static ride height and lifted height is your true droop. (4mm of droop in this case. 9mm lifted height - 5mm static ride height= 4mm true droop.) On the Mi3 setup sheet, it lists the chassis to floor dimension instead of the difference between the two as your droop setting.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Jon.. carpet track on Sunday?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

thanx Jon
I always put the car on setup board then measure like 4mm or 5mm etc...so 5mm ride height ,7.5mm droop means 7.5mm-5mm=2.5mm droop???
are you racing on carpet on sunday?
cheers

Last edited by yokemad; 09-05-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

No sorry. I can't this Sunday. Family plans. I'm not racing Vegas so I'm not really hurting for carpet practice.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man, not running my TC much during the summer has left me way behind on the latest info. Lightweight bulkheads??? Didn't know anything like that was even in the works.

Personally, I'm more about adding weight. Locally, indoors on carpet, we run brushless/lipo in TC class, but still use the standard Roar weight minimum. Needless to say, running brushless/lipo, with foams, requires some weights to be added...or should a say a lot of weights tobe added.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have a great carpet set up. I would like to share it with you guys. I don't have an adobe setup sheet file to fill in and save and then post. All of the ones I go into you can fill in but you have to print them out. If any one of you guys has the file I can fill in, save, and then post please send it to me so I can fill it out and send you guys the setup. Paul sent me one once upon a time but I think I deleted the email.

[email protected]
Old 09-05-2007, 10:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
No sorry. I can't this Sunday. Family plans. I'm not racing Vegas so I'm not really hurting for carpet practice.
I know you dont need to practice for Vegas, but dang man you gotta run that Mi3 sometime..
Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

My car has standard bulkheads, but they have been drilled a little to save somewhere in the region of 12g.

My ball joints are Tir ones that i have had for quite some time. Not 100% sure if they still have any, i don't think so. However, some will be available soon. Titanium pins should be available at some point. Schumacher have a lot of other light weight bits available soon.

btw, jan, you only need to Ti screws to hold the fan on

You talk about it being a bucketload of cash, and yeah it is - but it's exactly the same as the other cars, as i tried to illistrate with the Cyclone companison.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I know you dont need to practice for Vegas, but dang man you gotta run that Mi3 sometime..
I know. It's just sitting there. I'll get out there. Are they running carpet next Sunday? I maybe able to go then. I'm not leaving for Hawaii until Monday the 17th.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

I've had a search and can't find anyones carpet setup's.

Does anyone have a link to some of the good medium bite carpet/rubber setups.

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
I have a great carpet set up. I would like to share it with you guys. I don't have an adobe setup sheet file to fill in and save and then post. All of the ones I go into you can fill in but you have to print them out. If any one of you guys has the file I can fill in, save, and then post please send it to me so I can fill it out and send you guys the setup. Paul sent me one once upon a time but I think I deleted the email.

[email protected]
Go to cutepdf.com and download the free software.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I know. It's just sitting there. I'll get out there. Are they running carpet next Sunday? I maybe able to go then. I'm not leaving for Hawaii until Monday the 17th.
Yep, carpet track is open on the 16th as well, I'll be there.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

If anyones intersted I have a set up sheet I made in excell that I developed for my mobile device ( samsung blackjack) I am pretty sure it would work on any device running wm5.0. e-mail me if interested.

Along those lines srw is right about cutepdf. It works great. I just decided to make a mobile version because I can view it anywhere I want, I can edit it however I want, I don't have to carry paper crap around everywhere, and the files are measured in kb, not in mb.

If you are running wm5.0 and want to edit and view word, excel,and powerpoint documents feel free to e-mail me and Ill send you the files you need for your phone along with my blank and filled in set ups (I think the foam set up a few of us here in texas are using is prety darn good. We;ll see how good when McGoo gets back from Vegas with some hardware

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.